An EXTREMELY bitter taste in my mouth ...

RachelNinja

Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life
Out of all days to be scammed, today IS the day. I have never been scammed before so of course I had to have a taste of this VMK experience on the last day.

Here's what happened ... I was in my Everest room taking pictures for flats. Some guy came in and started taking pictures too for a while. We were talking and whatnot and everything seemed cool. This actually went on for quite a while. I had to explain to him how to get the picture and how pasting it into Powerpoint actually made it clearer when stretching.

He then asked if I had silver ears or the new Nemo hat. I said I had the latter, and he asked if he could borrow it for a picture. I replied and told him that once I took my pictures with it, he could actually have both my shirt and hat. He was happy and grateful, and I felt great knowing that I had spread some Disney magic, even though it's the last day and all. In the trade, I even asked him if he needed any other costumes that I might have, but he asked for green explorer, something I don't have.

Then he said that I might not go for it, but he was wondering if he could borrow my inferno to take a picture with it. Figuring that it was the last day, I agreed. Of course, I made sure to get my own pictures with it first, just in case. You never know, right? And I also figured that it's the last day. Even if he did scam me, what difference would it make, right?

Well, I took my pictures. I also saw that he had invisibility magic and I had never had so we swapped it for pictures. He then crashed. His friend was in the room and I said, "Nice, I was just scammed." She said that he was offline and that hadn't occurred to me. So I checked my friends list and he was still there (he was the one who suggested we be friends).

He signed back on and then he clicked the trade. But he forgot to take off the inferno so he had to click out of it. Then he ended up crashing again. He finally signed back on and I had asked him to trade right away since HowWeird had signed on and he wanted to take a picture with my inferno.

The scammer ended up staying in my room for a WHILE. I thought that maybe he was just having trouble taking the pin off or the lag was too bad or something. But then his costume changed. I asked again, thinking he might not have been in the window. Then his costume changed again. And AGAIN. I messaged him too in the off chance that he just didn't see it.

Weird figured he was scamming all along. He went to stand in front of him so that he couldn't take anymore pictures. The scammer said, "Hey! Get out of the way!" I got upset because I figured that if the guy was thinking about scamming, he'd definitely do it now because he was angry. Then what do you know?

BAM. Out of my room. Deleted off his friends list.

I knew that this was a possibility. It's why I purposely took my pictures first, just in case it did happen. And I probably wouldn't have cared much about it if Weird didn't say he wanted pictures with it too. Because otherwise it wouldn't have been that much of a loss. And yes, VMK is ending in 2 hours. I don't need the inferno. The scammer can enjoy the inferno for only 2 hours and know that he cheated someone out of something.

I tell myself that I can leave VMK with the fact that I was being generous and kind. He can leave VMK knowing that he was dishonest ... but why doesn't that make me feel better?

I feel TERRIBLE. And it's not because I don't have it anymore. But just the sheer feeling of being scammed ... even of a virtual item ... it just hurts in a really weird way. Beforehand I only traded with trusted DISers. I'm glad that I did do that all along.

But why does it still make me want to cry? :sad1:

i'm so sorry that happened to you :( and on the last day. i know that feeling when you get scammed and it is NOT fun. i hope justice is somehow served for whomever did that to you :( hugs! and i hope you feel a little better soon:lovestruc

i'm so sorry that happened to you :( and on the last day. i know that feeling when you get scammed and it is NOT fun. i hope justice is somehow served for whomever did that to you :( hugs! and i hope you feel a little better soon:lovestruc

Thanks Princess :) Your kind words made me feel better.
To make sure I wasn't left with an entirely bitter taste in my mouth, I still gave more stuff away afterwards.

Does anyone need anything???

Hugs girl - so sorry this happened to you. :( Sad that peeps are so low to do this on the last night.

The last night, and there are still losers like this in the game. What is wrong with people?! :(

Its virtual Items in a game that was closing and now is closed. People put way to much stock into their virtual items on vmk, most were so greedy it was truly pathetic, including a few dis board members that I had experience with.

The last few weeks people were handing some items to the poor, kinda hypocritical, sad your virtual item got scammed, thats why pay to play games are better, gets rid of the rif raf.

I'm sorry this happened to you, especially on the final night!

:hug:

That proves that some things and some people in the game don't change, even when facing the end!

Thanks for your kind words! My non-VMK friend actually just did a quick Google search with his user name and found his youtube page. I saw that it was a young kid. Once I saw that, I felt bad that this kid would do such a thing, and I hoped that he would realize what he did was wrong and realize it before he continues with that attitude and behavior while he grows up.

It wasn't the item that I was upset about. I realize it has no value now. It was someone taking advantage of my kindness. That's what made me sad. I guess I'm naive in the sense that I can trust in people, even strangers. I spent time just asking him and being available for the trade back when I could have just spent the time with Weird. Haha, if he was going to scam me, why not do it right away? It just bites that he returned so he could continue using my Everest room.

However, I'm not totally downcast. First of all, I have you DISers. It's why my automatic reaction was to write it here because I knew my family would care. Second of all, I have flats of all my characters and I'm taking them to work today :) It's their first day out in the real world! They're really excited. Not laminated yet, but really really excited :goodvibes

Sorry this happened on the last day. Could really put a damper on the whole VMK experience if you let it. You should just let it slide...but not before posting a simple message to him on his youtube page, LOL. something with a little hint of what actually went down...or just say "Hey, thanks for running off with my Inferno! Hope you're able to live with the guilt. Better start saving for bail money given the road you're on now!":lmao:

You should just let it slide...but not before posting a simple message to him on his youtube page, LOL. something with a little hint of what actually went down...or just say "Hey, thanks for running off with my Inferno! Hope you're able to live with the guilt. Better start saving for bail money given the road you're on now!":lmao:

Oh man, I'm so tempted to do this because this guy posted a new video on May 21 and he said, "Here are my pins, I have inferno ... SUCKER!" Yes, I need to let go ...............

i hate like that makes me want to hack there computer and destroy tehre computer so it costs em 1000000 dollers because thats what u get for being mean

I still will never understand what would make a person compelled to steal anything. Rather if it's on a virtual online website or in the gas station store, I will never understand it. And either way it is stealing.

In other note, I just want to say I hope you enjoyed every second of your time on VMK. I know that I did, and always remember the good tiems, not the bad. Also, do you think you could take a picture of some of your fllats. I wish I would have made them before VMK closed. They sound really neat. I remember seeing them in the pictrues from Slim's mom.

I still will never understand what would make a person compelled to steal anything. Rather if it's on a virtual online website or in the gas station store, I will never understand it. And either way it is stealing.

In other note, I just want to say I hope you enjoyed every second of your time on VMK. I know that I did, and always remember the good tiems, not the bad. Also, do you think you could take a picture of some of your fllats. I wish I would have made them before VMK closed. They sound really neat. I remember seeing them in the pictrues from Slim's mom.

Thanks purplehusky! I agree with what you said. Even if it's virtual, even if it's something insignificant in terms of price, it's still stealing. I don't get how people can find joy in that.

Awww, are you sure you don't have any pictures saved that you can enlarge for flats? They're really fun! I posted some flat pictures on the thread that's already open here. Here are the links:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=25267576&postcount=109
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=25317131&postcount=111

Again, thanks for caring everyone :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter