• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

An inch away....

Mom2rtk, I like your second point. That's so true, I've never thought if that

My DD12 has always loved Dino and Indy. My DD10 hates both. I'm going to try and get her on it again this time. It's the dark thing. You should see our family picture on Space Mountain - Happy Family - except this one very little girl who looks like she is going to kill somebody when she gets off. It's the same kid who would ride BTMRR or Matterhorn over and over and over. Just does not like the dark.

We absolutely lose height during the day. Standing in line for so long (if the line was out on Main Street you had a LONG wait), perhaps being in the heat of the day, maybe not hydrating enough, etc, and that's a recipe for being too short for something.

You got your rest, your spine lengthened out as spines do during sleep, you went right in the morning (and you were wearing different shoes), and of course you were able to get on.

It's a plausible theory; however, on both days we attempted Indiana Jones very first thing in the morning. Theoretically, I should have been the same height.

If you guys get on the ride promise me you do not get distracted and leave your purse or fanny pack.I was helping my disabled wife on and off and we managed to leave a purse and fanny pack with all our valuables in the net holder in the ride.Longest two minutes of my life til the car came back through and we got our stuff back.It can happen that quick so please be careful..

Have your girl put her hands behind her back, feet together, then take a deep breath in and stand straight. Most kids gain 1/2 inch just from the deep breath. No tippy toes, no lifts, just shoes that she normally wears. If they can slide a piece of paper through, she doesn't ride and you just say, "we tried".

Also, if she has shorter legs but is tall enough, her feet may not touch the floor boards of the jeep making for a very unstable (& frightening) ride. If she can't brace herself, the feeling is like being a ragdoll with a seatbelt. Not a lot of fun for kids just trying out more "thrilling" rides.

Good luck and have fun no matter what height!

My DD has a pair of nikes with the shocks on the heels which add about an inch or so to the shoe not including the sole itself - total they add about 1.5" of height.

I'm wondering how many people have actually SEEN (not just heard of) CM's asking children to remove their shoes when being measured?

My DD has a pair of nikes with the shocks on the heels which add about an inch or so to the shoe not including the sole itself - total they add about 1.5" of height.

I'm wondering how many people have actually SEEN (not just heard of) CM's asking children to remove their shoes when being measured?

Good to know! We'll leave those at home to avoid the hassle.

I have as well, probably a good choice to leave them at home. :) Have fun on your trip!

With and inch to go she won't be riding. Prepare her now, don't set her up for dissapointment. My son is small for his age and it's just part of the deal. it's made each and every ride at Disney be a special rite of passage.

In the end, we never bother with IJ. We didnt want to disappoint anyone. On CS, she was too short so I stayed with her and did the swings and TS, but I never did get my chance to ride CS. The family rode it again on a different day, so again I stayed with DD. The family didn't mean to leave me out, they just didn't think of MOM in all their excitement. From that point, I just kind of encouraged skipping any rides that DD was too short. It worked well, no one even complained or suggested different. But mom is bummed to have missed out on CS :( eh well. :)

twinspirit said:
In the end, we never bother with IJ. We didnt want to disappoint anyone. On CS, she was too short so I stayed with her and did the swings and TS, but I never did get my chance to ride CS. The family rode it again on a different day, so again I stayed with DD. The family didn't mean to leave me out, they just didn't think of MOM in all their excitement. From that point, I just kind of encouraged skipping any rides that DD was too short. It worked well, no one even complained or suggested different. But mom is bummed to have missed out on CS :( eh well. :)

Sounds like you had a good approach to make sure no kids walked away disappointed. I'm sad, however, to hear that YOU walked away a little disappointed. The "big kids" need their fun too. Sounds to me like another trip is needed --- and soon!

Hope you had a good trip overall.

- Dreams

Don't they have the rider swap at DLR? WDW has a ride swap that works like a FP. When your family goes to the entrance, you get the ride swap ticket and wait for your family to get out so then you can get in... and you can take 2 other people with you.

I like the way Universal in Florida works. Your whole family gets on the line, then when you're about to ride you and your little one/s go into a separate room that sometimes even has a TV for you to watch while you wait. Then when your family gets off the ride, you get on immediately. It's an amazing system that Disney should adapt.

What about like this?

dsc_0019.jpg

When my son was 5, he was tall enough to go on Indy, but he refused and there was NO LINE!!! The ride had just opened a few months before. Since it was just he and I at the park, I told him that if he rode with me, I would buy him a wooden rifle when we got out. He reluctantly went in; when we came out he wanted to go AGAIN!!! I still bought him the rifle. :)

If your kids are just under he height limits of some of the popular rides, the CMs will give you a front of the line pass (good for the child and 5 others) when they come back and are tall enough. I have front of the line passes for Star Tours, the Matterhorn, Indiana Jones, and Soarin'.

The ideas that the Op has suggested sound a bit dangerous. There is safety rules for a reason.

Have you heard of Rider Swap?

If your kids are just under he height limits of some of the popular rides, the CMs will give you a front of the line pass (good for the child and 5 others) when they come back and are tall enough. I have front of the line passes for Star Tours, the Matterhorn, Indiana Jones, and Soarin'.

I have never heard of such thing for Disneyland.

I have never heard of such thing for Disneyland.

They do exist, but they are given at the CM's discretion. There have been plenty of times we haven't gotten them, but DS has gotten them twice, for Jumpin' Jellyfish and more recently for Goofy's Sky School. One of my daughters got one for Star Tours. Here is the one for GSS. They stamp them once you redeem it, but we've been allowed to keep it for a souvenir.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter