An Incredible Christmas 12/23-12/30 CBR

I'm echoing everyone else, love that long sleeve T you got the boys from Target! We just returned from our Thanksgiving WDW trip; you guys must be getting so excited now as your trip is getting so close!

At Least I'm Not The Grinch?

I need my trip to come faster so I can stop buying things for it! :o

(And I forgot to take pictures of my purchases so here's just some pictures I pulled from the web.)

I just got an email that the three Disney shirts I ordered for myself have arrived! But in between placing the order and this past weekend I bought three more. So now I have SIX new Disney shirts for my trip. Here they are, all from Kohl's:

I paid $9.99

I paid $10.99 but it's currently advertised for $7.99 online. This may or may not fit me because I thought it was Juniors but my receipt says "girls."

I paid $13.99 but it's currently online for $9.99.

I had never really shopped Kohl's before this month and I can't decide if I love it or hate it but they have lots of Disney stuff. I also picked these up in the store over the weekend:

This is cute but I'm gonna have to wear a tank top underneath since it's quite see through.

and finally

So needless to say I'm ready to start packing. I only have one pair of jeans right now so I want to get more...unless it will be shorts weather? Maybe capris? I have to find those. This trip will be a good excuse to organize my wardrobe....maybe weed out six t-shirts for the donate pile to make room for the new ones?

I also got these shirts for the boys. I love dressing them matching!

Speaking of dressing the boys, their Disney store sweaters arrived and the three year olds is WAY too small. I'm going to return it in store sometime this week once the madness of Black Friday has died down.

AND I'm not done yet. I ordered each one of us a Christmas themed "I'm Celebrating" button from Etsy. Can't wait to show those off.

As predicted one of the shirts I got in my Kohls.com order was way too small! I'm never ordering Juniors sizes again because it's too bad for my self esteem. :oops: But since I have that to return and $15 in Kohls cash I'm gonna go back and get some pants for work. I know, boring! But I only have like 1.5 pants that fit me that aren't maternity pants and my baby is over a year old.

giphy.gif

While I'm there I may pick up these socks though...

2058608_ALT11

I need them in my life. I'm thinking sneakers for Disney most of the time but I'll pack flip flops too in case it's warmer than I expected. It is 78 and sunny in Orlando right now compared to my current 48 and about to rain for two days. :umbrella:

Also in clothes that are too small, look at my Dash:

1z6tnx1.jpg

Poor little guy was so excited to try on his sweater but I could barely get his (non-Mickey) head. Sure I'll find the time to go to the mall too! Just not tonight as I have to go meet someone from craigslist to buy a xmas present. And not tomorrow because DH is going out to dinner. And not Thursday because I'm going to see a show with friends. And not this weekend either because we're going out of town. :confused3

On the plus side I loved my Kohl's sweatshirt. It's fuzzy fleece material and even sort of covers my butt so I can wear it with leggings.

24qmght.jpg

Meanwhile I laid out a bunch of Disney stuff in the playroom last night after the kids went to sleep so I can assess what I had and what I still needed to get for the trip. I thought the coast was clear but all of a sudden I hear "what's that?" Cue Dash, who had come downstairs to retrieve his lovey, spying all of my stocking stuffers. :earseek:

f56s9d.jpg

I sort of yelled at him and immediately felt badly and explained they were for "Mickey's House" so now they are no longer stocking stuffers and just stuff he knows he will see again at Disney.

Oh and those Target shirts I ordered that everyone likes? They are somehow lost in FedEx jail. Stay tuned for more....

12/26 - Rest Day Plans

I'm anxious to write about potential changes to our Christmas Eve and Christmas Day plans but...I want to go in order, so I'm going to make myself write about the rest of our planned itinerary before I go back and switch things up. :p I find that writing things out also helps me visualize them.

The Day after Christmas is our planned rest day. I hesitate to call it a "pool day" because it's December but as I'm sitting in my office in NY still wearing my coat because brrr....Orlando is apparently a sunny 82 degrees right now. What will the weather be like when I leave 18 days from now? Stay tuned!

Ideally we had an excellent Christmas night and the kids sleep in until 9:30. :worship:

Then we will head over to the Food Court at CBR for some Mickey Waffles.

old-port-royale-food-court-00.jpg

and then we will walk to the Caribbean Cay playground and/or wander around the resort:

http://**************.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Playground-Disneys-Caribbean-Beach-Resort-from-**************.net-2.jpg

Hopefully at one point it will be warm enough and the kids will want to spend some time at the pool and splash pad:

Disney's-Caribbean-Beach-Resort-Pirate-Ship-Splash-Zone+(2).jpg

But the most important part of this day is a long leisurely nap - maybe two for the Baby.

If the Baby needs to rest and we decided to split up one of us will play with the three year old and potentially take him to see the Cars at Art of Animation if there's just not enough to keep him entertained at CBR but I'm hoping we will all be pretty well rested.

That night at 6:15 our large group we are traveling with has our only planned group activity - the Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue!

HDDMR-WDWINFO.jpg

To be honest I'm not entirely excited for this between the logistics of getting to Fort Wilderness and the 97% chance that one or both of my children will not be able to sit still during a dinner show. But I want to try to be with the group and did someone say unlimited Sangria?

19090880840_aab7d87c06_o.jpg

Maybe it won't be so bad. :love:

Afterwards I want to walk around Ft. Wilderness and see all the Christmas decorations! There are sleigh rides but they're $79 so I think we'll just walk!

I suspect the rest of the evening will be determined by just how agreeable the boys are being but it may involve taking a boat to the MK and then a bus back to CBR. Or maybe we will try Uber? A lot of planning for a "rest day!"

12/27 Plans - Our First Real Magic Kingdom Day

My planned park days don't have us entering Magic Kingdom until halfway through our trip so our first planned day is the 27th. :confused3

I have a feeling that we will make it there before then but I don't want to drive my husband crazy with backup plans and "maybe if everyone is in a good mood" plans. But even if we do get to Magic Kingdom before the 27th we are definitely going to be there ON the 27th because I made way too many reservations.

This also might be the day my husband consents to doing a 7 a.m. rope drop. He has been thinking I am crazy for considering it but we settled on trying for an early rope drop ONE DAY so this may be my day...especially since it's the day after our rest day.

7:00 - rope drop Magic Kingdom, locate some caffeine
9:40 - 10:40 - 7DMT Fastpass - use Rider Switch (not sure if Dash will want to ride but he's tall enough)
10:50 - 11:50 - Enchanted Tales with Belle Fastpass
12:20 - Lunch at Be Our Guest!
12:50 - 1:50 - Peter Pan's Flight Fastpass

We may decide to leave the park after BOG lunch and go nap, in which case I'll switch out our third Fastpass for that evening. I'm excited to do Enchanted Tales because I never got to do it during our 2014 trip. Same thing with 7DMT but DH tells me it was overrated.

Then Mom-enforced afternoon siesta at CBR.

After that we will be back! Probably right back to Fantasyland to see and do all the things we didn't get to in the morning. My theory is if we devote one whole day to Fantasyland we can totally immerse ourselves in Toddler Disney...especially because we are having dinner right back at Be Our Guest again!

8231826869_a5be1b5347.jpg

We watched Beauty and the Beast and everyone is really excited to meet him because although the movie was scary the Beast is "good now" and my three year old says he won't be scared. :thumbsup2

7:10 - dinner at Be Our Guest
9:00 - Wishes fireworks
9:45 - Once Upon a Time projection show

It feels funny making plans nearly three hours after the baby's bedtime so I'll just leave it at that. But...the park doesn't close until midnight so if anyone is still standing we will ride It's a Small World 6 times. :banana:

12/28 Plans - EPCOT and Date Night

When my husband and I went to our time share in the Caribbean last Christmas we made sure to have two date nights planned - one per week. It was so nice to be able to take time away from the craziness of the kids, especially since the Baby was still an actual baby (six months old) at the time.

So for our Disney trip we decided to get a babysitter for one special night in the World.

It's not cheap but it will be worth it to know the kids are safe and happy back in the room while we are out. We booked with Kids Nite Out!

That being said I made our plans for Epcot both in the daytime with the kids and at night without them but if any day gets we may have a late start in the morning if we are successful at staying up at the Magic Kingdom the night before.

Here's my planned itinerary:

8:00 - Epcot opens, with or without us
9:30 - 10:30 - Meet Disney Pals at Epcot Character Spot
11:05 - 12:05 - Frozen Ever After Fastpass
12:55 - ADR at Garden Grill for Lunch
2:40 - 3:40 - Fastpass for Mission Space

Back to CBR to relax before babysitter arrives. The more I think about it the more I think I will want to switch our Fastpasses around and just do cheesy stuff with the kids in the morning - like Nemo and Ellen - and save the Fastpasses for our nighttime return. I only got the character Fastpass because it was recommended but since we are doing like 7 character meals do we really need to wait on line to meet them again? pirate:

But anyway the babysitter arrives at 6:00 and then we are off! Back to Epcot most likely because we have a 9:30 ADR at Spice Road Table! Illuminations is at 10:30 so I hope we will have a good view.

SpiceRoadTableFireworks.jpg

Then Epcot closes but Magic Kingdom is open until midnight - but probably 1 a.m. based on historical park hours so maybe we will hop over and see what we can do there for an hour.

Or maybe we will be exhausted and just go back and sleep. Either way I'm looking forward to it.

Last edited:
Two more days of work/school and only three days til we drive down to my parents' for the night. And Friday we fly! :dogdance:

I have SO much stuff to do, but first I need to finish my pre-trip plan! So here goes..

12/29 Plans (Last Park Day)

The 29th will be our last park day and I'm already sad to leave. And it's another Magic Kingdom day! Here's our Fastpasses and ADRs. Another ambitious day so it will be interesting to look back at this in two weeks.

7:00 - Magic Kingdom opens, with or without us
9:20 - 10:20 - It's a Small World Fastpass
10:20 - 11:20 - Jingle Cruise Fastpass
11:40 - 12:40 - Tomorrowland Speedway Fastpass
12:15 - Lunch at Crystal Palace
1:30 - Pirate's League for Dash pirate:
2:00 - Baby's First Haircut at Harmony Barber Shop

I know, I know. Why did I schedule the Pirate's League and the haircut right on top of each other? Well the answer is that we are doing Pirate's League with another family and when I scheduled the hair cut I sort of forgot about it - I wish these reservations would show up in MDE. I talked to a cast member and he reassured me it will work out if my husband and I split up. So fingers crossed! I'm happy the baby gets his own special experience on this trip too. We haven't cut his hair in 18 months so I'm gonna cry I'm sure. :sad:

And then our big nighttime excursion:

7:15 - Fairytale Dining Dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table

cinderellas-royal-table-menu-dinner.jpg

I know, I know. I have two boys but I have always wanted to eat in the castle and Dash thinks that Mickey lives in the castle so he's excited to eat there too. I read if you time your dinner reservation right they let you watch the fireworks right in front of the castle when you're done.

9:00 - Wishes pixiedust:

And then the park is open until midnight!

Since this day is coming the day after our date night there's a good chance we will scrap the whole morning Fastpasses and let the boys sleep in and then try to get to MK for lunch and stay late. I know that goes against all conventional wisdom but my kiddos are just not morning people. I guess we'll find out!

In other news, I got word from CBR that we are definitely getting a ground level room. Yay! :worship:

Just started following along, everything sounds great!! I'll be at Magic Kingdom and having lunch at Crystal Palace on the 29th as well! Our ADR is at 12:25. :tigger:

We're back!

Highlights: Lunch at Be Our Guest. Pirate Makeover. Harmony Barber Shop for baby's first haircut. The Magic Kingdom parade. 7 a.m. EMH at MK.

Lows: the baby hates busses, minimal stroller napping, MK crowds.

Overall I didn't think the crowds were too bad but they really should just cut down on the number of shows they do on Main Street or the castle. Two parades plus the Move It Shake It and all the castle shows meant so much congestion. The day we entered MK at 7 a.m. was the best because we got so much done. We cancelled half of our ADRs but we still did too many. Next time no sit down meals in MK at all (to much to do!).

I'll write more later!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter