An Introduction To WDW For DLR Vets

I second that about the dining reservations. I just made some reservations for World of Color show in 1 month and she listed off a slew of times available. Now at WDW, I know it is a different story for the popular restaurants and times. I couldn't get up at 3 am so I got up at 6 am on my appointed day for WDW and still missed out on 2 restaurants and times I wanted. People we know don't believe us when I tell them about the competitive dining, especially during free dining times.

Great post HydroGuy--had not seen this one before! I am a Disneyland vet who is planning our first family vacation to WDW this Fall. The one thing that suprised me was the whole ADR thing. I was actually up at 3 am Calif. time on my 180 + 10 day mark to make my ressies and I could not get the F! ressie that I wanted nor some of the times that I wanted at 2 restaurants. All that I could think was "wow--WDW people take their dining seriously! :lmao:" Thanks for the great tips and I can't wait to experience WDW!

I would like to 2nd this notion! I tried explaining it to my BF, and he looked at me like I was stupid, "what do you mean there's no open ressies for the entire WEEK we are there??!" Of course, this was just for one particular restaurant, but you get the idea. So glad one of us found the DIS!

Thank You!! Im a DLR vet and trying to plan a WDW vacation, and I am so overwhelmed. I am hoping that I still get the magical feeling that DLR and DCA give me. Your hard work is helping me plan.

Thank You!! Im a DLR vet and trying to plan a WDW vacation, and I am so overwhelmed. I am hoping that I still get the magical feeling that DLR and DCA give me. Your hard work is helping me plan.
FYI - this post is from 2007...some things may have changed since then.

Any chance of an update after your latest WDW trip @HydroGuy ? Would love your perspective given all the changes to WDW over the past 10ish years :)
Actually I have been thinking about it the last week. I had some big deadlines that just were completed and life seems so easy again! So maybe sometime soon I will FINALLY get back to this LOL!

:wizard:

Woo hoo! That would make my day :) I love all the info available, but somehow your breakdowns are just easier for me to absorb. Feels like I have to read the same stuff a bajillion times to remember it. Just read the FP+ FAQ and strategies for the 3rd time and my head is swimming!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter