Anaheim Majestic Garden Hotel?

wallyeva123

Earning My Ears
Hello all,
I booked my family of 5 with 3 teenagers (19,16,13) at the majestic as a backup to our candy cane reservation for july that will likely be cancelled. I booked at this hotel because they have a shuttle. Then I started reading the reviews and they're giving me concern. I'm seeing a lot of complaints. Has anyone stayed here and can give their opinion?

I haven't stayed there in many years. It was a name brand hotel (sheraton or hilton, can't remember which) back when I used to stay there. I visited the lobby bar once after that and did in fact think it was more on the run down side compared to when it was name brand. However, that was several years ago. I drove by there on Friday and was blown away by empty the parking lot was. It made me wonder if it was even open. If it is open, I think most people opted to stay somewhere else.

We stayed there a few years back and they were slowly renovating the rooms, lobby had already been done. It wasn't bad for the price and the shuttles ran pretty regularly and it was nice that it was a dedicated shuttle. We didn't use the pool we basically used the room to sleep.

I have read about Anaheim Majestic Garden Hotel on Yelp and from what I read it used to be a Sheraton but Majestic Garden is really nice and they even had an actress who played the hotel's mascot Princess Corrine who would appear at the hotel from time to time. Anaheim Majestic Garden Hotel also has kids suites with castle playhouse/bunk beds that are really cute. If you want more info look at Anaheim Majestic Garden Hotel's Yelp page and it will tell you more

Pre-covid this was my go-to off-site hotel. It's not super close compared to Harbor hotels, but they do offer a shuttle. I've never used it as I didn't mind the 10-15 minute walk to the Downtown Disney entrance. I really love the theming of the hotel, the garden, and pool area. It feels a bit more upscale than some of the motels on Harbor.

If you do stay there, get a "deluxe castle" room. We've ended up in one of their standard motel-style rooms that open out to the courtyard, and they are in desperate need of a refurb and goods refresh. We've never had any complaints with the castle rooms, though.

However, the management isn't the best and it seems like things have gone downhill due to Covid according to recent reviews. I always have a hard time getting them to deliver extra blankets and such, and they seem put out by requests and a bit grumpy in general. Literally every time I've checked in, the employee working the desk has made some sarcastic, snide remark about us "giving all our money to the mouse". I wouldn't necessarily let that sway you though, just don't expect Disney level friendliness from the employees.

Hello all,
I booked my family of 5 with 3 teenagers (19,16,13) at the majestic as a backup to our candy cane reservation for july that will likely be cancelled. I booked at this hotel because they have a shuttle. Then I started reading the reviews and they're giving me concern. I'm seeing a lot of complaints. Has anyone stayed here and can give their opinion?
If you have stayed at the Candy Cane and are looking for something comparable, this is NOT the place. It is not a bad hotel, but it isn't great (and that was before covid.). It is more along the lines of Castle Inn on Harbor, but staff leaves a lot to be desired.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter