Anaheim majestic vs Park Vue

milleroccie

Earning My Ears
My family of 4-all adults has an opportunity to meet up in Disneyland for 5 nites next month (November). I was hoping to find something within walking distance-not much luck. I ended up booking Anaheim Majestic Gardens because of the shuttle and price Under $900). I just found a room at the Park Vue for our time frame. Park Vue is $600 more than we are paying at Majestic. The room is 1 queen and 2 bunk beds. Called the hotel and they said the bunks aren't really meant for adults although I have read reviews saying that 5'8" teenage boys fit in them as well as an adult son. Any experience or advice anyone can share? I'm ok (sort of) paying more for Park Vue because of "free" breakfast, microwave in room and and short walk. But if you all think the bunk room is a dumb idea, I'll keep my Majestic reservation. Park Vue did say they would put us on a wait list for 2 queens, but I'm not holding my breath in the hope that they remember to contact me should one open up.
Thanks!

I have stayed in a PVI bunk bed room, and the bunks are regular twin sized mattresses. Whether or not an adult would be comfortable in them would be a matter of opinion, I suppose. PVI recently removed hot breakfast items from their buffet, if that matters to you. I'm all about staying within walking distance, but $600 is a nice chunk of change.

Thanks Cal-Pie. Regular twin mattresses are okay for us- Daughters are 5'2" and 5'6". Disappointed about the "hot" breakfast, but we are all okay with yogurt, cereal COFFEE, etc. Got to think about it, but if the mattresses are truly regular size twins, we will probably go with Park Vue
Yes, we just got back this weekend from our trip and stayed at Park Vue with bunks (and yes, regular twins...my husband even stayed on the bottom bunk one night and was fine!) and had a great stay! Breakfast was good for continental...pastries, muffins, bagels, fresh fruit, hard-boiled eggs, yogurt, cereal and make your own waffles too.

We stayed at Majestic on our last trip and had a really good stay. We didn’t miss the breakfast as we grabbed groceries from a nearby grocery store and kept them in the fridge. We had a quick grab and go breakfast and were In line for first shuttle. Mid morning we stopped for a sit down meal. I thought it was awesome value. We even ate in their dining room one night when the park closed early. I recommend it.
This time we are only there for 2 days and decided to spend the extra $ on the Park Vue and the easy walk. We have stayed there before and know what we are getting. Majestic Garden was a nicer hotel. But sometimes you make different choices

I personally do not think adults would be comfortable in the beds at Park Vue Inn. Well, I wouldn’t and I’m small, but it’s really up to the individual!!! If one of their larger rooms opens up, it’s worth it. We’ve stayed there every trip except once, when we stayed at the Disneyland Hotel, and the location can’t be beat. I actually think it’s closer to the gate at Disneyland Park than the Grand Californian. The free breakfast isn’t a benefit anymore. They’ve really slimmed down the breakfast.... only hot items offered are waffles and the only healthy options are hard boiled eggs and cottage cheese. Every time we’ve been they have only offered melon as a fruit choice. The cereals are all loaded with sugar. But for proximity alone, it’s worth it. I also disagree that the Majestic is a nicer hotel. It’s not Majestic. We’ve never stayed there, but several friends have recently and they found their rooms shabby, dirty and the entire hotel just tired looking. The Park Vue just renovated the entire hotel. The rooms are simple but modern. The staff is always helpful and friendly. The only other hotel I’d consider within walking distance is the Tropicana. It’s been recently renovated as well.

Last edited:

I'll be the outlier here. I'd do Majestic.

$600 is a lot. That's over 100 churros or Dole Whips. That's like 3 dinners at Blue Bayou. That's a full round of Fantasmic dining at River Belle Terrace, *plus* left over money. That's 3 mornings of Character meals.

You'll spend $100 if you get groceries delivered to your hotel. That's still $500 extra just to take a shuttle a few times a day.

You’ll be there for 5 days- there’s nothing like being able to walk back quickly and easily for a midday break, or if you forgot something. I’ve done it both ways- wait for a shuttle or stay right at the crosswalk- I’ll take crosswalk hands down. At the end of the night, that wait for the shuttle can seem like forever when you’re wiped out!

Just back from the Park Vue yesterday. Are you guys driving or flying in? Not sure about Magestic but parking is included at the Park Vue. Also the bunk beds are regular twin sized and comfortable, I have slept on one before no issues.
The bonus is that being so close you can hop back and forth during the day to pick up snacks, jackets etc. Also if your kids are teenagers, you might be willing to let them stay later at the park and walk back to the hotel together if you wanted to take a mid day break etc. The rooms with a queen and a bunk bed are in the original building in the front of the hotel and the rooms with two queens are further back which sometimes seems like a huge walk after a long day in the park lol! The only rooms I would avoid is 116/216 as they are right near the stairs and it is louder when people are running up the stairs at midnight ...

Good thing I used the search function because I was going to ask almost this exact question.

I'm helping my brother plan his first trip to Disneyland with his family. They have Park Vue booked for the four days before Thanksgiving. They have a 4 year old and 7 year old. Probably bringing a stroller for the 4 year old. No car to park. Will go back to the room for naps. Now they have a friend who can get them Majestic for half the price of Park Vue. I personally prefer to walk right across the street and be back at my room. I've never stayed at a hotel with a shuttle. Plus I haven't traveled with little kids in a long time. So looking for thoughts on how the shuttle works, where it drops you off, and if half the cost is worth that extra inconvenience.

Good thing I used the search function because I was going to ask almost this exact question.

I'm helping my brother plan his first trip to Disneyland with his family. They have Park Vue booked for the four days before Thanksgiving. They have a 4 year old and 7 year old. Probably bringing a stroller for the 4 year old. No car to park. Will go back to the room for naps. Now they have a friend who can get them Majestic for half the price of Park Vue. I personally prefer to walk right across the street and be back at my room. I've never stayed at a hotel with a shuttle. Plus I haven't traveled with little kids in a long time. So looking for thoughts on how the shuttle works, where it drops you off, and if half the cost is worth that extra inconvenience.

So I will tell you that I stay at the Park Vue with my 4yo. We have done 5 day trips and 2 day trips. We have yet to use a stroller because it is so close and convenient. That said all 4 year olds are different, but my kid routinely clocks in 8-10 miles of walking on a disney day and there is rarely any fuss about it. Generally, I am the one that fusses since his two favorite rides are Toy Story and Gadgets Go Coaster: and he often wants to go on one and then the other.
So in short ... if you don't want to hassle with a stroller every day then I think the Park Vue is a great option. Also... right now kids eat free at IHOP at dinner time (4pm-9pm I think) right next door. So we will often break for nap at 2:30-3 have dinner at IHOP and then head back to the parks for the evening.

I have not stayed at Park Vue, but have stayed at the Majestic. While it was a nice hotel and the shuttle was reliable, I would not do it again. I hated the lack of freedom in having to schedule life around shuttles. I like being able to walk back to the room within 10 minutes, whenever I want to. In the evenings there was typically a longer wait to take a shuttle back because they were filling up completely before everyone could get on. Perhaps it was a busy time and this isn't usually the case. I also really like having a microwave in the room, as I bring my own food to heat up for breakfast, mid-day meals, and late night snacks. For example, I like bringing along the Kraft mac & cheese microwaveable cups where you just add water. My husband eats instant oatmeal packets.

So personally, I would choose Park Vue. However, the family that I was with when I stayed at the Majestic absolutely loved it. They thought the hotel was a little nicer and actually liked taking a shuttle instead of walking in. So, it all depends on what your own family is looking for and willing to put up with.

I have not stayed at Park Vue, but have stayed at the Majestic. While it was a nice hotel and the shuttle was reliable, I would not do it again. I hated the lack of freedom in having to schedule life around shuttles. I like being able to walk back to the room within 10 minutes, whenever I want to. In the evenings there was typically a longer wait to take a shuttle back because they were filling up completely before everyone could get on. Perhaps it was a busy time and this isn't usually the case. I also really like having a microwave in the room, as I bring my own food to heat up for breakfast, mid-day meals, and late night snacks. For example, I like bringing along the Kraft mac & cheese microwaveable cups where you just add water. My husband eats instant oatmeal packets.

So personally, I would choose Park Vue. However, the family that I was with when I stayed at the Majestic absolutely loved it. They thought the hotel was a little nicer and actually liked taking a shuttle instead of walking in. So, it all depends on what your own family is looking for and willing to put up with.

You and I have similar thinking on this. I would spend more for that simple convenience, so I'll let them know the pros and cons and see what they decide. Thanks for that info on the shuttles. Good to know. I can't imagine being stuck waiting with a tired four year old!

My family of 4-all adults has an opportunity to meet up in Disneyland for 5 nites next month (November). I was hoping to find something within walking distance-not much luck. I ended up booking Anaheim Majestic Gardens because of the shuttle and price Under $900)...
I have not stayed at Park Vue, but have stayed at the Majestic. While it was a nice hotel and the shuttle was reliable, I would not do it again. I hated the lack of freedom in having to schedule life around shuttles...
For a group of all adults, like the OP's group, the Majestic Garden is very walkable to the M&F tram or to DTD. The tram is about a 10 minute or less walk (depends on the light at Ball Rd.). Walking over the pedestrian bridge to DTD only takes a few minutes longer. Being able to walk to the tram or to DTD adds much more flexibility to the schedule if you miss the shuttle or don't want to be tied to timing your coming and going around that. We used to walk to/from the parks or the tram all the time when the MG was the Anaheim Sheraton -- not a hard walk at all.

For a group of all adults, like the OP's group, the Majestic Garden is very walkable to the M&F tram or to DTD. The tram is about a 10 minute or less walk (depends on the light at Ball Rd.). Walking over the pedestrian bridge to DTD only takes a few minutes longer. Being able to walk to the tram or to DTD adds much more flexibility to the schedule if you miss the shuttle or don't want to be tied to timing your coming and going around that. We used to walk to/from the parks or the tram all the time when the MG was the Anaheim Sheraton -- not a hard walk at all.

Thank you, that's good to know! Where does their shuttle drop off, the bus area off of Harbor?

So they opted for the Majestic. The savings for two rooms over four days was too good to pass up. And it's a win for me because now they're paying for me to come along and be their tour guide. Haha! Woohoo, three Disney trips in one year!!

Thank you, that's good to know! Where does their shuttle drop off, the bus area off of Harbor?

So they opted for the Majestic. The savings for two rooms over four days was too good to pass up. And it's a win for me because now they're paying for me to come along and be their tour guide. Haha! Woohoo, three Disney trips in one year!!
Yes, the MG shuttle goes to the shuttle drop off area on Harbor. And hooray for another trip to DLR!

We stayed at Majestic on our last trip and had a really good stay. We didn’t miss the breakfast as we grabbed groceries from a nearby grocery store and kept them in the fridge. We had a quick grab and go breakfast and were In line for first shuttle. Mid morning we stopped for a sit down meal. I thought it was awesome value. We even ate in their dining room one night when the park closed early. I recommend it.
This time we are only there for 2 days and decided to spend the extra $ on the Park Vue and the easy walk. We have stayed there before and know what we are getting. Majestic Garden was a nicer hotel. But sometimes you make different choices
How was the room quality at the Majestic? I check Tripadvisor reviews every few days and several of the most recent reviews state that the rooms were dirty and dated. Has anyone else stayed at the Majectic recently? I was all set to keep my res. with Majestic, but just had the opportunity to change my Park Vue res. to 2 queen beds, so on the fence again about which hotel. Park Vue is still $600.00 more than Majestic.

How was the room quality at the Majestic? I check Tripadvisor reviews every few days and several of the most recent reviews state that the rooms were dirty and dated. Has anyone else stayed at the Majectic recently? I was all set to keep my res. with Majestic, but just had the opportunity to change my Park Vue res. to 2 queen beds, so on the fence again about which hotel. Park Vue is still $600.00 more than Majestic.
Our room was clean and fine enough. $600 is a pretty big savings
Actually the room was really nice. The hallways were grotty in the sections we stayed in though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter