• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

And DSDs mom just keeps the changes coming

Disneyhayes

DIS Veteran
With trying to keep up with the changes at WDW I never thought I would have to deal with this... My DSDs mother has decided she doesn't want to let her go on our trip in 1 week since it's not during summer vacation. She does this from time to time and it's only gonna hurt DSD in the future. If she doesn't change her mind by Thursday we are going to bring my niece. Will WDW let me switch the name in the ressie? It's a lateral change as DN is 7 so it's not a price change. Any help is greatly appreciated.

You should be able to change any name except that of the lead guest.

So sorry you're going through this, but I'm sure your niece will be thrilled!

Don't have advice about changing a name on a reservation... but wanted to say that is just plain mean to take away a trip to WDW one week out.. poor DSD!:(

My DSDs mother has decided she doesn't want to let her go on our trip in 1 week since it's not during summer vacation.

Look at it this way -- DSD's mom will have the enjoyment of custody of her PO'd daughter while you and her Dad are at WDW.

And I have a feeling she'll remember this when it's time to put Mom in a home...

We ran into this situation two years ago, I had the trip planned for me, my son and his children. Six months before the trip my son's ex decided she would not let me take the grandchildren to DW unless she went too, so I scrambled getting her added to everything because these were my grandchildren and by god, I was taking them to Disney World! It wasn't the best of situations but the kids got to go, so I was happy. It sucks that some people can be so manipulative and just end up hurting the kids. :mad:

OP, so sorry that you are having to deal with this. I hate it when parents use their kids that way. I still remember my father talking about taking us to WDW in 1983 - I was so psyched and then he left a few months later. We never got to go until my brother and I were adults (we have gone separately) and it still bothers me.

Hope DSD's mom changes her mind.

Thanks everyone for your support :grouphug: I have been in DSD life since she was born. To make it worse...her mother told her about the trip and we have been keeping it a secret! I am just hoping she doesn't know when it is and doesn't tell DD4.

Thanks everyone for your support :grouphug: I have been in DSD life since she was born. To make it worse...her mother told her about the trip and we have been keeping it a secret! I am just hoping she doesn't know when it is and doesn't tell DD4.

She told her about it and then told her she can't go? :scared:

The previous poster's comment about it being remembered when it's time for mom to go to a nursing home has it right. Wowza.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter