And I would walk 75,000 Steps and I Would Walk 75,000 More- A Mom and Dad's Adults Only Return to Disney! Completed 8/14!!

I so totally sang the title...and I may need a shirt like your wife's....
Can't wait to read about more of your adventure. I would guess EPCOT normally for a park hop park, but for some reason I am feeling MK!

Thanks for sharing another trip report. I look forward to reading the rest of it!

Thanks for Reading! Glad you are enjoying it!

Joining in! Looking at the cost of flights and Uber to WDW, we will probably drive down from WI when we go in late November. We'll be staying at SSR so a car will be an advantage for transport to the parks anyway.

That's a long drive! Deb says we'll never do that from Vermont, but it's in my long term plans.......

I so totally sang the title...and I may need a shirt like your wife's....
Can't wait to read about more of your adventure. I would guess EPCOT normally for a park hop park, but for some reason I am feeling MK!

A good guess! Let's find out!

Welcome back to everybody!

Leaving off we had decided our time at AK was done, and it was time to put those park hoppers to work. Where were we off too? Which park? Well the big reveal is....

Our Room!

I actually forgot we did this until I looked back at my pictures and notes. We do get to another park (before the end of this post), but we needed to get our stuff settled and shower etc..

We caught a bus after about a 15 minute wait. I have written down we got to the bus stop at 4:10 and were on a Peter Pan bus at 4:25. We were back at Wilderness Lodge soon after. Here are some pictures of the room; we were in Copper Creek, which is really just the right side of Wilderness Lodge.

IMG_2987.jpeg

IMG_2984.jpeg

IMG_2986.jpeg

The room was great! We were on the 3rd floor and we had a balcony that overlooked a walkway and some of the quiet pool. After quick showers and a change we left the room at 5:20 and were quickly on the way!

The bus came quickly and we made it to.....

EPCOT!

We had taken a Lion King bus there, I took a picture after we got off.

IMG_7640.jpeg

Man with all the new construction getting in the park was a pain, got a quick picture of the greatest, one and only Goofster on the way in! I bet he is up to accidentally and comically ruining something with all those tools.

IMG_7642.jpeg

We were hungry and Deb had a list of things to try from the Flower and Garden Festival so I was along for the ride!

The first thing she wanted to try was the shrimp and grits from the place over by Test Track (which took us forever to find).

IMG_2992.jpeg

I had the Avocado Toast,

IMG_2993.jpeg

Mine was pretty good, Deb didn't really care for her shrimp. Oh Well, only snack size so on to our next snack! We started heading towards Canada and go something over there which I neglected to take a picture of, I also got smoked pork belly which was only ok (no picture of that either). We turned around and walked back towards Mexico for our next snack.

I grabbed a picture of the Harmonious (spelled right maybe?)......

This ruins the view as many people have said!

IMG_7643.jpeg

I don't think they could have made it any bigger, hopefully the show is good though. Here's another view, I think I took it later, but it feels like it belongs here.

IMG_7645.jpeg

We hiked over to Mexico where we were ready for a turn in our luck with the food. I got the taquito with a margarita.

IMG_7644.jpeg

This was really good and I would recommend it!

Out of room for this post, I think I can get another one done today!

We continued right around the World showcase. I was in search of dessert at this point and I had my eyes on a cannoli in Italy. Deb ran into some old college friends in Germany (what are the chances really?), and after a quick hello we got a picture of Snow White.

IMG_7648.jpeg

Then off to Italy and I found what I was looking for!

IMG_7649.jpeg

Deb wanted to "spruce" up the picture with the Flower and Garden sign. She also had to find another friend who was able to grab a very special Magic Band for her!

IMG_3026.jpeg

We took the picture later in the room, but this little baby was almost the highlight of the trip for her.

Right around the world we went all the way toward Canada where we stopped for one more snack. I had my eyes on a smoked porter while Deb wanted a dessert and a cider. I grabbed a watermelon salad because it sounded good and I was already at the right booth. These were all inside behind Canada in a little pavillion.

IMG_7652.jpeg

IMG_3008.jpeg

IMG_7653.jpeg

These were excellent choices! At this point we were satisfied with our day and getting pretty tired. So, it was time to wrap it up and start heading back to the room! One more picture first though.

IMG_3007.jpeg

We headed toward the exit and then jumped in line for Spaceship Earth at about 8:35. It was less than a 10 minute wait.

IMG_3022.jpeg

After riding we got on a bus at about 9:10 and were back in the room in no time.

After a long day it was easy to fall asleep. Come back to see what was on tap for tomorrow!

Following along! Totally jealous of your Copper Creek room -- looks so pretty!
Then we were in the pre show are in about 50-55 minutes. I did like the abbreviated pre-show. They separated people in this room, but then loaded us full up on the ride.
YES! The abbreviated pre-show for Flight of Passage is waaaaaaaaaay better. I'm so glad they cut the "and uh....fly!" part :D

Next up was a big decision. We were off the Safari at 3:30 and thinking it as time to park hop. Deb had been annoying me about riding Everest with her. Problem being that I hate roller coasters. My limit in general is BTMRR or Space Mountain. The wait was non existent and I guess I was feeling brave to I agreed and forced myself on.
Hahahaha my husband is the same way -- Space Mountain or Slinky Dog is his limit. I've never been able to convince him to ride Everest, but I'll have to read him your review...see if I can't get him to try it on our next trip!

Looks like a great start to your trip! I can't wait to one day do an adult only trip with my SO. Hopefully in the next few years!

We caught a bus after about a 15 minute wait. I have written down we got to the bus stop at 4:10 and were on a Peter Pan bus at 4:25. We were back at Wilderness Lodge soon after. Here are some pictures of the room; we were in Copper Creek, which is really just the right side of Wilderness Lodge.
Love Wilderness Lodge! Our DVC contract is right next door at Boulder Ridge.
Man with all the new construction getting in the park was a pain, got a quick picture of the greatest, one and only Goofster on the way in! I bet he is up to accidentally and comically ruining something with all those tools.
That is a great topiary!
We hiked over to Mexico where we were ready for a turn in our luck with the food. I got the taquito with a margarita.
Yum! Love the margaritas there!
Deb wanted to "spruce" up the picture with the Flower and Garden sign. She also had to find another friend who was able to grab a very special Magic Band for her!
Awesome Magic Band! I have the Dress Shoppe dress in that pattern and it would be so fun to have the MB to match!
These were excellent choices! At this point we were satisfied with our day and getting pretty tired. So, it was time to wrap it up and start heading back to the room! One more picture first though.
Great picture! I love Deb's tshirt and ears! In fact, I think I need that shirt. :)

Great picture! I love Deb's tshirt and ears! In fact, I think I need that shirt. :)

Thanks, the T-shirt seems to be a huge hit.

Looks like a great start to your trip! I can't wait to one day do an adult only trip with my SO. Hopefully in the next few years!

Thanks for reading! Adults only trips are super fun and very different, hope you get to do it one day!

Hahahaha my husband is the same way -- Space Mountain or Slinky Dog is his limit. I've never been able to convince him to ride Everest, but I'll have to read him your review...see if I can't get him to try it on our next trip!

It took a lot to get me on there, but I'm glad I did it!

Happy Weekend to everybody, must mean it's time for another post.

Finishing off Saturday, planed ride included I took 20,329 steps which says it's about 8.8 miles. Sunday my legs felt like it, either way here we go, next chapter.

Sunday- 23,284

Deb woke up before 7:00 and first things first because today was HS studios day!

IMG_3028.jpeg
Early wake up was rewarded with an earlyish boarding pass. Now that that was out of the way we really got up around 7:30 and ordered breakfast. Nothing big or special, we aren't huge breakfast people.

I got a cinnamon roll, potato hash, and a coffee.

IMG_7654.jpeg

Deb got some oatmeal which is not pictured, but it's oatmeal, so it looked like oatmeal.

We ate on the balcony which was a perk of the mobile ordering I guess. It was actually nice to sit out there and enjoy the view. We even had some wildlife like we were at AKL.

IMG_7656.jpeg

There was a dog at Boulder Ridge that kept coming over on his morning walk to sniff that bush. He could not figure out what was over there, and he was very interested.

IMG_7657.jpeg

The weather started looking like it was going to be an issue for the rest of the trip for us. We kind of crossed our fingers that this would all miss WDW. We had already had a thunderstorm in the middle of the night, so we were hoping to stay dry for the day.

We hopped on a bus for HS at about 9:35 and arrived soon after.

IMG_3039.jpeg

Crowds looking not too bad we decided to head straight over to Galaxy's Edge and hang out there until our boarding group. I hadn't seen it yet, only in pictures, so I was pretty excited.

IMG_7658.jpeg

It was a little more crowded back there. We started to take in some of the sights and sounds, I thought it was all really cool!

IMG_7659.jpeg

IMG_7662.jpeg

I tried to explain to Deb what everything was, but she's not super interested in the story behind all the stuff. She had been there like 3 times already.....

IMG_7660.jpeg

As we were walking around our time for ROTR was getting closer and rapidly. Come on back to see how it goes!

Happy Father's Day to all you DisDads out there. I can always relax and get a post done on Father's Day so we'll move our way through some more of HS today.

We start off with meme for all the Dads!

We continued our walk around Galaxy's edge for a bit and took quite a few pictures. We thought about heading into the market area but there was a line to get in, so we decided to wait until later for that. For now I settled for a picture of one side....

IMG_7663.jpeg

Then the other......

IMG_7664.jpeg

Next was the Falcon!

I was really excited to check it out. I've seen pictures but I don't think I ever really got the full scope of how big it actually was.

IMG_7666.jpeg

Here's a picture I think puts the size of it into perspective....

IMG_7668.jpeg

The line for Smuggler's Run was around underneath it and then back along rest of Galaxy's Edge towards Toy Story Land. Still said the wait was only 45 minutes though. We debated jumping in line for that but our virtual queue was already up to about boarding group 30 or something so we thought we'd be up soon.

Snagged a another photo or 2

IMG_7669.jpeg

IMG_7670.jpeg

IMG_7665.jpeg

Then it was time! Our boarding group was up!

A warning that the next post will contain some spoilers for ROTR. Come on back and check it out!

Last edited:
Officially on my summer vacation now I can get some posts done more frequently, starting with today!

Again, there will be some spoilers in this post for ROTR, so if you don't want to see any of the ride or read about go ahead and skip. I'll tag the next up date HERE when it's written.

So at 10:30 it was time for our boarding group. Pretty early in the morning which we thought which was super nice. This way we could hit up Smugglers Run when we were done and then head out to the rest of HS.

IMG_7671.jpeg

The theming in the queue was excellent! So much cool stuff to look at, but I'll only post a couple things here.

IMG_7673.jpeg

The Rebel flight suit was one of my favorites!

IMG_7675.jpeg

After a quick walk through we found out about our mission to join the Resistance, cool I always wanted in on that.

The technology with Rey was pretty cool. Better than an animatronic or cheesy movie I thought.

IMG_7679.jpeg

Then we took off on our journey, everything was so well done...

IMG_7680.jpeg

Gotta grab a picture of the X-wing!

IMG_7682.jpeg

We were able to get off pretty quick and Deb told me to hurry and stand in front of the storm troopers so she could grab a quick picture.

IMG_7683.jpeg

The First Order was pushing us through quickly, but this room was awesome, I could have stood there for an hour to take it all in.

Heading down the hallway to our cell it as getting better and better!

IMG_7685.jpeg

We got in our vehicle and were off. The trackless technology really made this ride exceptional. The feeling of not knowing which way the ride was going to go or what came next was awesome!

IMG_7689.jpeg

One last one from the ride, it moved so fast it was hard to take it all in!

IMG_7692.jpeg

Not the best picture but about as good as I could do!

After an awesome ride we were off to the rest of HS starting with Smugglers Run. Come back to see if we crashed next!

Your thoughts on Rise of the Resistance are pretty much exactly what me and my husband thought. I really liked the Rey hologram in person, and 100% agree about that Stormtrooper room -- if we could have hung out there longer I totally would have!!

Your thoughts on Rise of the Resistance are pretty much exactly what me and my husband thought. I really liked the Rey hologram in person, and 100% agree about that Stormtrooper room -- if we could have hung out there longer I totally would have!!

Can't wait to go on it again, I feel like there was a lot more to see that I missed.

Welcome Back! I was scolded by my wife for not updating this week, so here we go. Hopefully I can get a couple posts done today or at least get us through the end of Sunday.

Here is the view getting off of ROR, we made it and were officially part of the Resistance.

IMG_7694.jpeg

Next I really wanted to ride Smuggler's Run so that I could fly the Falcon! Betting I could be the best pilot in the galaxy on my first try we walked over there. Initially we got in what we thought was the line, but it was really just people standing against the building avoiding the sun. So, after that fiasco we found the real end of the line. The wait was posted as 55 min. Here are a couple of my favorite photos of the queue.

IMG_7695.jpeg

IMG_7696.jpeg

It thought that this next one gave pretty good perspective of how big the Falcon really is.

IMG_7697.jpeg

Once inside is where the real fun began. Unless you've seen some of the Clone Wars you might not know who Hondo is. We made it to this point in about 30 minutes, much less than the posted time!

IMG_7698.jpeg

I was surprised to see him, but it was cool. I think this is where the preshow will be when it comes back.

Then we went into the ship and got some awesome photos. They did a fantastic job making this look authentic, like spot on to what it looks like in the movies (except for the "Please Wait Here" markings).

IMG_7700.jpeg

IMG_7702.jpeg

This next one might be my favorite little room in all of Galaxy's Edge!

IMG_7706.jpeg

Then it was down the tunnel and into the cockpit. They asked us if we wanted to (or were comfortable enough to) go with another group. Since I wanted to pilot we asked for our own cabin. No problem!

IMG_7709.jpeg

I was set to be the right pilot and Deb was the left. Next is the worst picture I took of the entire trip. Guess I was in a hurry to get seated.

IMG_7710.jpeg

I'll redeem myself later!

Next post: How'd we do? and where to next?

After getting 2 canisters or Coaxium we were praised by Hondo, and we didn't do too much damage to the ship.

Next we decided that we wanted our favorite snack at HS; a pretzel and beer from the Baseline Taphouse. We made our way over there but the line was ridiculously long, like almost all the way down towards the muppets long. For now we decided to pass on that and head over towards Andy's Backyard. Deb settled for a iced coffee from Joffery's and I think we split a Mickey Pretzel or something. We sat and snacked for a bit. The line for Mickey and Minnie's Runaway was super long and not moving so we went over to ride TSMM. Turns out Mickey and Minnie's was down for some reason. We got in line for TSMM all the way back towards the Incredibles Courtyard but the wait was only posted as 30 min. At this point it was about 12:25.

Here's a view from where we were standing when we got in line.

IMG_7713.jpeg

We got through the line in about 20 mins and were off to the shooting gallery.

IMG_7716.jpeg

Deb won as usual..... oh well, there's always time for a fun selfie!

IMG_7717.jpeg

Once we were done it was off towards the front of the park and to shop for a few minutes. There wasn't much left we wanted to do anymore, Slinky Dog was posted as over an hour wait, Mickey and Minnie's wasn't running, and I had no interest in RRC or TOT.

I did find a poster of my favorite ever Goofy Cartoon!

IMG_7718.jpeg

I can't remember where that was, but that cartoon is hilarious (at least I think so).

We did some quick shopping on the way out, mostly just to look, and I ended up getting a Darth Vader mask for me and my little guy back at home (not to share, one for each of us).

I really wanted to take the Skyliner to see how it was, Deb wasn't so thrilled with it but she agreed if we could stop and walk around Riviera Resort.

IMG_3072.jpeg

Here they come, I thought they were pretty cool and there was some awesome views. I got an awesome picture of my new mask.

IMG_7719.jpeg

It's pretty weird looking when it gets on my face. Here's a view as we passed Carribean Beach.

IMG_7720.jpeg

We got off at Riviera and walked around for a bit. Both of us decided that we wanted to stay here with the kids in the next couple years. We really liked the theming and the size. I'm not a fan of the huge resorts and prefer the smaller ones.

IMG_7723.jpeg

IMG_7727.jpeg

We spent a few minutes sitting there and relaxing before getting to our next goal which was EPCOT for our dining reservation.

Once we rested for a couple it was time to get moving and back to the Sky Liner. Off we went. Got a nice picture of the mural on the way through, this was really well done!

IMG_7729.jpeg

Next up find out what we did at EPCOT and where we ate!

A lot to catch up on. Love FOP. Awesome room pics. The food at Epcot looks amazing. Rise of the Resistance is incredible. Rivera is a beautiful resort. I think that covers most of it. Looking forward to seeing what's on the dinner menu.

A lot to catch up on. Love FOP. Awesome room pics. The food at Epcot looks amazing. Rise of the Resistance is incredible. Rivera is a beautiful resort. I think that covers most of it. Looking forward to seeing what's on the dinner menu.

Thanks for reading! Dinner is coming up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter