And in my corner of the world . . .

TPCShauna

<font color=green> Most Cheerful Creativear<br><fo
I know I've been MIA so I wanted to let y'all know what is going on. I went back to work on April 7 like planned and hurt my knee again. It just couldn't handle the stress of all the walking I have to do just to get to my desk PLUS all the walking at work.

I went back to the doctor and it turns out I have some pretty severe nerve damage in my knee. The nerves are just starting to regrow and the pain from that feels like there is a hot poker sitting on my knee. I was given some new pain meds that specifically deal with nerve pain but they keep me knocked out. I'm back on leave of absence from work indefinitely as I can't work on the nerve pain meds and I need to do some physical therapy before I go back to work.

On the other side of my life, DH and I have decided that we want to move out of California. I'm not from here and I don't like it. I want to start a family as apparently my last birthday clicked my biological clock into overdrive but we don't have room in this house. I would prefer to own our home before we have kids but it would cost $360,000 minimum to move into a bare bones 3 bdr/2 bath here in Northern California and So. Cal is worse.

I would move back to Texas right now if he would let me. Unfortunately, he doesn't want to live in Texas but has been amenable to my suggestion that we move to Florida which is where his family lives. I like this idea because it means that we would have help with potential kids and his mom will help us move since she would be so happy we were coming there. I can live with Florida, esp. because it is close to WDW and is far more southern than where I am now.

So now we are in a frenzy of looking for jobs, houses, etc, etc. We are looking to move to the Tampa area but know nothing so we are researching like mad. Unfortunately, I am drugged for large chunks of time so I'm not very helpful. I'm trying to figure out how in heavens name we can move when I can't even walk but I guess I will cross that bridge when we come to it.

So that's where we are and what I've been up to. I'm actually about to pass out again as I took my meds about 20 minutes ago and they are knocking me out. Thanks for listening and let me know if anyone needs anything. I'm on the computer very sporadically as these meds are keeping me pretty loopy.

Thanks for reading. TTFN!

Wow Shauna sounds like you have a lot going on!
I hope the Physical Therapy is helpful for your knee.

Good Luck with making decisions about moving. I think you are making some good decisions to be close to one of your families.
:wizard: Pixie Dust to you I hope it all goes well! Of course being so close to WDW will be wonderful!

I was just thinking about you today, Shauna! I am so sorry that your knee is still giving you trouble! That sounds horrible and very painful.

Good luck with the research. It is so helpful to have family near by when you have kids. I was kinda hoping you were going to say that you were coming back to Texas! That's ok, being close to WDW will be awesome! :thumbsup2 Prayers and pixie dust all around.

Hey! I lived outside of Tampa for a year. In a town called Brandon. Very nice little town that started to seriously grow up as I was leaving. It was the first place I saw a Target, Macaroni Grill & the famous Hooters. :lmao:

My cousins lived there for a while and now they live in Riverview which south of there.

I can come visit you and visit family at the same time!

Hey Shauna,
So sorry to hear that you knee is still giving you problems. Hope it starts to feel better real soon. You have got so much going on over there, but it sounds like you have thought it over and you are making some good choices. It really does take a village sometimes. So you will be glad to have the help.
good luck with everything. thanks for the update.
prayers and pixie dust coming your way.
:wizard:

I'm so glad you checked in, Shauna! I've been thinking about you lately. So sorry your knee is still giving you problems. I hope you get some relief soon. Good luck figuring out the next phase of life! It's a lot of work, I'm sure, but exciting too!

So sorry to hear your knee is causing you so many problems. Big hugs!!!:hug: Good luck on moving!!! Tampa is a nice area and it really puts you close to WDW!!!!

wow Shauna, lots of changes going on. I will be thinking of you in the next few days, weeks, and months. Let us know if there is anything we can do.
I know the nerve thing hurts but them re-growing is a good thing right?

I am so sorry to hear your knee is still causing you so much pain. Hope the new meds work so you don't have to be loopy for too much longer.

Tampa is a great area (visited a couple of times) the beaches are very pretty and you will be sooooooooo close to WDW, I'm jealous.

Let me know if you need ANY help with Swap stuff, I am more then willing to help you out, plus we really need to meet before you go south.

Get lots of rest
:hug:

Hi Shauna. Haven't "met" you yet, only started swapping here last month. But wanted to say, hope you feel better soon. And that if you need any information regarding Tampa, let me know. I live in Tampa (very North Tampa), and really like it. I am from Miami originally, and moved here six months ago. It's so different from South Florida, which is why I like it.

If you are going to buy a home here, it's a buyers market because homes are not selling at all - so many are going into foreclosure. Yet there is a lot of new construction (here in North Tampa anyway) that is not selling either, so prices are dropping and contractors are throwing a lot of incentives at the buyers. The only tip I will tell you for sure before moving out here is research CDD fees - those are killers and make most people move out of their house.

If you do move to Tampa, we will be neighbors. And depending where you live in Tampa, Disney is about an hour away. I go all the time! If you have any questions, PM me anytime.

Shauna, sorry to hear that you are still having so much pain with your knee. Here's hoping that you will be feeling better soon. :flower3:

Making a big move is such a difficult decision. Hopefully you will find that Florida is a much better fit for you and DH. My Dad lives outside of Tampa and it is a really great area.

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help! :goodvibes

OH Shawna!! Big hugs to you for your knee! You really have had a time of it! Sending lots of PD for feeeling better!

Best wishes for the big move! Hope everything goes smoothly!

My dad is so close to Tampa, when I go for a visit we will have to get together!!

Shauna:
So sorry to hear about you knee-I hope it heals soon, and in the meantime :hug: to help you feel better.

I'm in St. Petersburg, so if you need any help with finding out anything about this area, let me know, I will be glad to help. BTW, the prices of houses are great right now, since the economy has started going to the toilet! I don't remember if its the same in Hillsborough county (Tampa area) but here in Pinellas County, you can choose the school your child attends (you give them a list of your top picks).

And congrats on wanting to start a family! I know I didn't want kids for the majority of my life until my bio clock kicked me in the gut when I turned 30-it didn't take me long to get pregnant after that! Now we are trying for our second (its only been a couple of weeks so give me a couple more weeks and I'll probably be pregnant since apparently I come from a long line of fertile myrtles!)

Shauna! Holy cow! I hope your knee gets better soon! :hug: That totally stinks.

I also hope that your thought of moving across the country doesn't stress you out too much. Take it slow. Take a deep breath. Things seem to work out, if they are meant to (tell that's not the most wishy-washy statement you've ever heard...yikes!)

Prayers and pixiedust: to you.

Wow - really hope your knee gets better soon!
We stayed in tampa for a week as the company that DH works for has HQs there and we had a great time - some real nice malls and good restaurants. Plus it is only one hour from WDW and I went outlet shopping in orlando one day after deciding to go to animal kingdom for a couple of hours - it was alot of fun.
Hugs to you as you make all these decisions....

Shauna, I hope your knee gets better soon. Sending you best wishes and pixie dust with all the changes.

Hey! I lived outside of Tampa for a year. In a town called Brandon. Very nice little town that started to seriously grow up as I was leaving. It was the first place I saw a Target, Macaroni Grill & the famous Hooters. :lmao:

My cousins lived there for a while and now they live in Riverview which south of there.

I can come visit you and visit family at the same time!

I have a good friend that moved to Riverview last Fall. They seem to really like it but I haven't visited yet.

Hope everything works out for you. It'll be great to move closer to family and start your own!

Shauna, I hope you can start to feel better soon.

We just moved a little south of Tampa (Bradenton) last September from NY and love it here. I can help with some relocation info if you need!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter