And just like that...booked

ILoveMyDVC

DIS Veteran
And just like that pixiedust:I have December 18 - January 4th. booked at my one and only favorite resort, OKW, for a two bed. I see so much negativity about availability, and sure, it is not as easy to grab a last minute stay like it was back in the day but if you want a 1-2 bedroom at your HOME resort, it's still do-able. This will be my 4th. time in a row going for pre-Christmas and beyond the New Year. ps - I didn't need to walk anything.

And just like that pixiedust:I have December 18 - January 4th. booked at my one and only favorite resort, OKW, for a two bed. I see so much negativity about availability, and sure, it is not as easy to grab a last minute stay like it was back in the day but if you want a 1-2 bedroom at your HOME resort, it's still do-able. This will be my 4th. time in a row going for pre-Christmas and beyond the New Year. ps - I didn't need to walk anything.
You're correct, and they are still available.

For OKW sure, but for smaller, more popular holiday resorts, the struggle is real.

For OKW sure, but for smaller, more popular holiday resorts, the struggle is real.
So true!

I was finally successful in booking what I wanted but it wasn’t easy with all the walkers… especially wanting accessible studios. Managed in the end to get 5 days, Jambo standard and 4 days VGF standard resort studios first 2 weeks in December.

Even with home resort priority booking this was tougher than I’ve ever seen.

Nice long stay and large villas at OKW.

Can take the boat and work from Disney Springs a few days ;-)

OKW is so relaxing. Spent my birthday this year (Jan 4th) in a two bedroom there. It was a fantastic week stay. We just love OKW and SSR because they are removed from the chaos.
My birthday is January 5th and that sounds like a perfect way to spend that week!

Starting to think that those Moonlight Magic events are killing the availability. Since so few are actually chosen to attend, I'd prefer they sprang it on people ALREADY booked rather than give incentives to people who 'might' be chosen.
It's like the lottery. States are supported by those that buy tickets and do not win and the fools that keep buying the tickets so sure they are going to win.

OKW is so relaxing. Spent my birthday this year (Jan 4th) in a two bedroom there. It was a fantastic week stay. We just love OKW and SSR because they are removed from the chaos.

My birthday is January 5th and that sounds like a perfect way to spend that week!
My birthday is January 3, and we are usually at VB. I love ocean views!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter