And now an earthquake

Liz

Make a miracle!
As if all the virus and social distancing isn’t enough, now we have a 5.7 earthquake in Utah this morning. Many aftershocks continue. Our nerves are shot!

Salt Lake Airport is closed. No flights in or out. Our power was out for awhile, but thankfully it is back on now.

As if all the virus and social distancing isn’t enough, now we have a 5.7 earthquake in Utah this morning. Many aftershocks continue. Our nerves are shot!
Hi, Liz. :wave2: Hope there is no major damage or injuries. Nobody needs further complications these days. My best for you and family.

Reactions: Liz
wife just show me photos......what a mess......and can't tell the kids to go play while Kitchens are cleaned up.

We had a earthquake in Yuma a few weeks ago, made the outdoor couch shake back and forth, wife had her back to the street and she though someone had sneaked up on her and grabbed hold of her chair and rattled it...but no damage like the photos on line.

• Wow

Glad to hear your power is back on.

I was up all night taking care of our new puppy and ended up sleeping through it. My husband was raised in California, so when it hit, he was out of bed like a shot (so I'm told) to check on the girls. By the time I heard the commotion, only the chandelier was swaying in the foyer. Luckily, no harm was done.

I'm right there with you with frayed nerves. "Calgon, take me away!"

Saw some video on the news. More than just a vibration for sure. Looked like some real damage. Hope all by you is good, Liz.

Saw some video on the news. More than just a vibration for sure. Looked like some real damage. Hope all by you is good, Liz.

Yes, it shook pretty good for way too long! I had just backed my car out of the garage and I always wait to make sure the garage door goes all the way down. In that moment I was sitting there my car started shaking terribly and I thought “what is wrong with my car! I’m going to have to take Laura’s car to work!” Then the garage door stopped half way and wouldn’t go up or down so I thought “oh great the car AND the garage door are broken!” Then it dawned on me....ohhhhh. I went back inside and the power was off.

Good to hear from you, Dan. I always enjoy seeing your posts!

I'm sorry. Earthquakes are very disconcerting. I was in San Francisco for the last 1989 quake and it really made me an anxious mess for a few months, especially with aftershocks. Hang in there!

I'm sorry. Earthquakes are very disconcerting. I was in San Francisco for the last 1989 quake and it really made me an anxious mess for a few months, especially with aftershocks. Hang in there!

We were living in California at the time of the 1989 earthquakes and I remember how scary it was. It was my first experience with earthquakes and wish it had been my last! We weren't even that close - we were in Loma Linda and moved there for our baby to get a heart transplant. But we sure felt the waves of aftershocks as they came through.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter