AND the New Bachelor is...

Robinrs

DIS Veteran
rs_560x415-140728124916-1024.chris-soules-the-bachelor-072814.jpg

Chris the Farmer..DUH!!

http://www.eonline.com/news/563785/and-the-next-bachelor-is?cmpid=sn-111021-facebook-na-eonline

Get ready for a nice little roll in the hay, ladies!
The next Bachelor has been chosen, and it is....Chris Soules (aka Farmer Chris!), the fan favorite Iowan farmer from Andi Dorfman's season, E! News has learned. ABC isn't commenting, however sources who work on the show tell us that Chris beat out former Bachelorette star Arie Luyendyk Jr. to be the ABC hit franchise's next leading man.

We are told that Chris will appear on Good Morning America tomorrow to confirm the news.

According to insiders, Arie was recently informed that he would not be the next Bachelor, and he soon took to Twitter to break the news to his supporters. "I'm not the Bachelor, have fun on the farm people," he wrote, before adding, "Thanks for the kind words everyone. It wasn't meant to be, and I'm okay with it. Happy I can move forward."
Arie appeared to just be speculating that the chosen man would be Chris, but a source connected to the show confirms that it is indeed Chris.
NEWS: Why Chris will be the anti-Juan Pablo!

We caught up with Chris at the taping of the Men Tell All special, where he said he'd definitely be interested in becoming the next Bachelor, so his new gig doesn't come as much a surprise.

"How could you not be interested in that? Especially for me, in the situation I'm in, I live in a small town. it's kind of part of the reason I'm here," he told us. "I'm 32 and I haven't really met the person I'm looking for and it's hard to meet people…in a small town. So that alone makes it something I would be interested in."

However, Chris' road to becoming the next Bach wasn't an easy one as former contestant Arie, the runner-up on Emily Maynard's Bachelorette season, was also being considered. We asked readers who they would prefer to see as the Bachelor and 71 percent chose Chris over Arie.

Before making their final decision, a source told us producers were "looking for the anti-Juan Pablo...definitely want a really nice guy this time around."
Are you excited to see Chris as the nexT Bachelor? Weigh in in the comments below!

:p

OMG!!!!

I like Chris! (and again, thinking that will change by the end of the season)
I remember the one scene where Andi shows up for his hometown date... He came walking out... and I was like... "Ohhhh Yeah.... Hey, let's just go off behind the barn!!!!

I do think that the producers did NOT want him to be their first pick. They waited a long time and weighed a lot of options on this one.
Because, how do you get enough 'smuck' and 'drama' from a good and simple man.....

They WILL find a way....

Anyhow, as much as I like Chris, I don't know how they will find a handful of women who will be ready to accept him with his limited parameters.

He seems unwavering to consider anything but the rest of his life on that farm, basically out in no-where. And totally engulfed and commited to his family and their family farm business.

His only comment to Andi about compromise was, "Well, there is a town, umpteen miles away."

Wow! This is completely and utterly shocking. This has totally come out of left field. Out of ALL the contestants on the show, I NEVER would have guessed farmer, Chris, especially toward the end, when Andi kept him on, even though there was no chance in Hell that she'd move to a farm in the middle of nowhere. TOTALLY UNEXPECTED!!! :eek: :faint:

;)

I just hope the producers can find enough 'quality' women who really don't mind moving to the mid-west in a small town. They can forget any of the 'diva' type of gals for this show - that's not going to fly!

I hope I don't hate him by the end of this season. LOL

LOL, no kidding! Anyone who seems to be a decent guy is shown to be a regular jerk when they get picked.

I think we will see a lot of Elise types getting through. She was so desperate to start a family with anyone and all she wanted to do was take care of someone.

You have to have a certain mindset to live in that isolated of a property and town.

Eh, he does nothing for me, he seems dull and his hair is weird. I'm sure I'll get sucked in though. I bet there are lots of women that would want to potentially be his farm wife. That farm looked like a very lucrative one.

I agree with all of you. I like him now, but who knows by the end of the show...

I thought I heard somewhere that although he is a farmer, he is more of a businessman running a farm. I am not sure he is the plow the fields, milk the cows kind of guy. He has others that do that for him, and he runs the business end of it.

I agree with all of you. I like him now, but who knows by the end of the show...I thought I heard somewhere that although he is a farmer, he is more of a businessman running a farm. I am not sure he is the plow the fields, milk the cows kind of guy. He has others that do that for him, and he runs the business end of it.

....doesn't make him any less charming...
hubba.gif

I just hope the producers can find enough 'quality' women who really don't mind moving to the mid-west in a small town. They can forget any of the 'diva' type of gals for this show - that's not going to fly!

....oh, you can bet that there are definitely going to be some diva types....add them to the mix, sit back, and watch the hilarity ensue....popcorn::

Sorry, I think it's going to be a yawn-fest. He doesn't have the personality to carry the show. They are going to have to bring in more than their fair share of whackadoodle women to make things interesting.

Sorry, I think it's going to be a yawn-fest. He doesn't have the personality to carry the show. They are going to have to bring in more than their fair share of whackadoodle women to make things interesting.

....what are you talking about? I'm sure there is going to be some rappelling on at least ONE of the episodes....:rotfl2:

....what are you talking about? I'm sure there is going to be some rappelling on at least ONE of the episodes....:rotfl2:

I agree with all of you. I like him now, but who knows by the end of the show...

I thought I heard somewhere that although he is a farmer, he is more of a businessman running a farm. I am not sure he is the plow the fields, milk the cows kind of guy. He has others that do that for him, and he runs the business end of it.

That makes sense because his sisters definitely seem to be implying that he was quite comfortable financially when Andi visited.

It will be filmed in the Sept-October time frame, and aired beginning in January (remember Juanary?:rotfl:).

If you need your fix, near real time spoilers will be available on Reality Steve. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter