And the winner really is...

Congratulations to both winners!! You did a great job!

lewdyan1 said:
The reason we didn't announce the prizes, is we wanted to make sure the prize was suited to the winner.

That makes sense. :thumbsup2 Great choice of prizes then!

congratulations to you both!! now the question...can you please tell me (step by step...since i'm no where near as talented as you!!) how you made your projects? or maybe that's a secret? wouldn't you please share? my DB is having a baby and we're all very excited, and i'd love to make him something cute like that! and the tin scrapbook thing...it's a nice little gift to make for someone. thank you!! :flower:

rsjj said:
congratulations to you both!! now the question...can you please tell me (step by step...since i'm no where near as talented as you!!) how you made your projects? or maybe that's a secret? wouldn't you please share? my DB is having a baby and we're all very excited, and i'd love to make him something cute like that! and the tin scrapbook thing...it's a nice little gift to make for someone. thank you!! :flower:

For the diaper cake, I just bought 1 package of size 1 diapers (you can really use any size and rolled them up and tied them with white ribbon so you can see it. There's about 80 diapers in this cake, you can make it bigger or smaller. You can leave the diaper designs out if you want, or hide them. Then I split the pack up in a 3:2:1 ratio (ok, I'm a math geek at heart) and tied them together in circle with a big ribbon going around the back. Once the first layer was done, I took a baby blanket, you can really use anything big here, like a hooded towel for a bath themed one, and just wrapped in around, tying and folding it nicely. I anchored it in the back with 2 baby safety pins. Then I took 4 wooden skewers, like the kind you use for a BBQ and placed them near the middle and put the next layer on the cake. The 2nd layer is an bib and I did up it the same way I did the towel, with baby safety pins. The 3rd layer is a sleeeper, I placed the top through the skewers, placed the doll on top and added lots of ribbons. You can also add all sorts of decorations to them like baby brushes, nail clippers, shampoos, body washes. I'm hoping to do a Mickey themed one when my next friend has her little boy at the end of the month!

Congratulations to both of you! Both are beautiful projects.

And the album prizes are very cute! I have one that I am doing my ABC's of Disney in (one of our big swaps here). I think you'll have fun with the smaller size.

Jeanne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter