Andy's Room

lovetotraveltx

DIS Veteran
If you are under 3, is this somewhere you can play with your parents or does the nursery use this without parents present? Also, if your child is 3 and potty trained and in kids club are there age appropriate areas and programs for the younger set? Thank you!

I think under three can only go in during open houses with an adult. I’m not sure about age appropriate programs but I can say my 3 year old currently enjoys the same activities his 7 year old brother does. So I think he will be fine in the kids club.

You can always take under 3 during Open House (usually at least one a day). Our cruise also closed off Andy’s Room for an hour in the early morning and it was the spot for toddler time with a few toddler activities. This was an open activity with parents and they did ask older kids (probably 4 or 5) to sit it out.

In our experience 3 year olds are right on the cusp of enjoying the clubs. They do have activities for them and for some it’s awesome. It can also be crowded and has kids up to 12 in the space so it can be overwhelming for some. We avoided the Club when the other side had open house (because then all the kids are brought into the secured side and you have more kids and a wider range in one spot). Ours enjoyed some time in the Club at the age but was never so excited they didn’t want to leave (that came much later for us)

Whether or not a three year old enjoys the kids clubs is going to depend a lot of the kid and how many kids are using the club. Our 3 year old HATED the clubs. There were a lot of kids, most of them bigger than her and it was very overwhelming.

On the Fantasy (and I assume the Dream), Andy's Room is set up so it can be closed off to the kids club and have a separate entrance. They have toddler times where parents can take kids under 3 to the room to play other than in the full open house. I can't remember how often. I don't think they have this option on the Magic/Wonder AFAIK.

Andy's Room is definitely wide open on both the Magic and the Wonder. That's where I always found my own kid on both. That's a really smart idea to use it for toddler times though.

If you are under 3, is this somewhere you can play with your parents or does the nursery use this without parents present? Also, if your child is 3 and potty trained and in kids club are there age appropriate areas and programs for the younger set? Thank you!
There is usually a splash pad on the ships near the slides. I know there are on the dream class. I forget if they’re on the classic ships. I believe you can play with her there. Also you can play putt putt with them towards the front of the ships. Open house you can go with her anywhere. Wake up with Disney Jr is always fun. I think it’s called something different now though. That’s a dance party she and you can attend.

Btw, mini-golf is only on Dream and Fantasy, OP doesn't say which ship they will be on. If you will be on 7night or longer cruise, they do a Pluto's pj party in the Oceaneer's club. My dd always enjoys it. Sometimes they do it at 7:30pm have also seen it at 10pm. It will be posted in the navigator, they don't do it every night, usually 1 or 2 times a cruise. It's for kids only.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter