• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Animal Crossing is AMAZING (you know...)

DisneyLily

DIS Veteran
Animal Crossing geek here! Did I perhaps hear that Pete has a copy of it? Does he have it for the Wii?

It is NOT freaky, it is an amazingly AMAZING game that is really addicting (i'm 17 and I play it like 2-3 hours a day when I really should be doing homework)

Yeah, the sad thing is I'm 44 and I'm playing it 2 to 3 hours a day. I'm a cheater though - I'm time traveling back to October so I can get the Halloween furniture from Jack - they sell for huge $$ and I'm anxious to build my house up (see, this is just SAD). I'm enjoying the version for the Wii - they made some good changes on the GameCube version!

Pete

We rented it last night and my brother hasn't been able to stop playing it. Hopefully I'll get a chance to play it today... I'll definitely post back with what I think of it.

PS: I was ADDICTED to the GameCube version... I mean, I actually had to bring my memory card along with me to my friends' houses so I could check my village. :)

Yeah, the sad thing is I'm 44 and I'm playing it 2 to 3 hours a day. I'm a cheater though - I'm time traveling back to October so I can get the Halloween furniture from Jack - they sell for huge $$ and I'm anxious to build my house up (see, this is just SAD). I'm enjoying the version for the Wii - they made some good changes on the GameCube version!

Pete
No worries, I cheat too =). It's not sad that you are 44 and playing it, I think that is very cool.

There was halloween furniture?!?!

I am confused... looked it up online and see fans sites and such, is this like VMK that you play online? Please explain this game.

There was halloween furniture?!?!

There's Halloween furniture, thanksgiving furniture and Christmas furniture!!

Halloween is the hardest of all to get - and it's a real pain. You need to start at the beginning of October and go to Tom Nook's store each day and buy a piece of candy. Store up as much candy as possible. At 6pm on 10/31, all the towns residents come out to go trick or treating. All of the towns residents are dressed the same (with pumpkin heads) so you can't tell them apart. They all run around and wobble their heads - but there is one 'resident' that doesn't - he stays very still and just hangs out in weird places. That one is Jack and that's the one you need to find. Run away from all the others, because they will stop you and demand candy. If you refuse, they will turn an item in your 'pockets' into a jack in the box (which is okay if you have items you want to sell or get rid of, because a jack in the box sells for about 1,000 bells).

You need to make sure your pockets are completely empty first, except for one piece of candy. To save time, I 'hide' the rest of my candy in letters as presents so I'm not running back and forth to my house to get another piece each time I find jack. If you find Jack and give him a piece of candy, he'll reward you with Halloween furniture. There are several pieces so you have to do this over and over again (all the while trying to avoid the other residents) in order to get the entire set (and there is A LOT of furniture). The furniture sells for big bells at Tom Nooks, and you could easily earn enough for a house upgrade or two depending on how lucky you are. Remember - Jack is always VERY still and once you find him, it's usually at least 10 or 15 minutes before he'll reappear.

For the thanksgiving furniture, you need to time travel to Thanksgiving day then go to the town square and talk to the Mayor. He'll give you a knife and fork - then run around the town and look for the turkey that's usually hiding behind buildings, afraid of being eaten. Each time you give him the knife and fork, he'll give you a piece of harvest furniture (also worth big bells).

I forgot how the Christmas one goes, but I'll post the tips for that when I figure it out again :) If I remember correctly, it has to do with constantly changing outfits then finding a reindeer or something like that :)

I really can't believe I'm typing this in public - I'm never going to live it down.

Pete

I played Animal Crossing for almost 2 hours this afternoon, and I have to agree that it is very addicting. My only complaint is that is basically a crossover between the Gamecube and DS versions, a very lazy thing for Nintendo to do IMO.

I time traveled once today, but when I restarted my game, my village was filled with weeds. Does anyone know a way to completely eliminate them without pulling out each and every individual one?

TIA,
Simon :)

P.S.: Pete, I think it's very cool that you play video games and not just the gorey M-rated ones. :thumbsup2

I love Animal Crossing too - I've been playing it every day since it came out. I haven't time travelled, though. Not yet. Selling all that furniture is definitely a good way to earn bells...I sold most of the "mush" furniture I found all through November.

Today when I was fishing I caught a stringfish worth $15,000 bells. I was very tempted to just sell it, but I felt too guilty not giving it to the museum. I'm probably the only one who feels guilty about not handing over fish and bugs to an owl. :rolleyes:

lol that's awesome peter!
I LOVE animal crossing for the game cube. I wish we didn't get rid of our wii so I could play this one :(

I really can't believe I'm typing this in public - I'm never going to live it down.

Pete

This made me laugh. :lmao: My family, myself & DH included, got this game for Christmas 2 or 3 years ago for our game cube. We were absolutely addicted to it and couldn't wait to play every day after work. Last year we got a Wii and were thinking about getting Animal Crossing this Christmas to see how much we like it on the Wii. Our DD has it for her DS, but she doesn't like it as much.

Pete - I'm the same age and asked for a Wii for Christmas - so you aren't alone. I'm going to have to check this out.

Halloween is the hardest of all to get - and it's a real pain. You need to start at the beginning of October and go to Tom Nook's store each day and buy a piece of candy. Store up as much candy as possible. At 6pm on 10/31, all the towns residents come out to go trick or treating. All of the towns residents are dressed the same (with pumpkin heads) so you can't tell them apart. They all run around and wobble their heads - but there is one 'resident' that doesn't - he stays very still and just hangs out in weird places. That one is Jack and that's the one you need to find. Run away from all the others, because they will stop you and demand candy. If you refuse, they will turn an item in your 'pockets' into a jack in the box (which is okay if you have items you want to sell or get rid of, because a jack in the box sells for about 1,000 bells).

You need to make sure your pockets are completely empty first, except for one piece of candy. To save time, I 'hide' the rest of my candy in letters as presents so I'm not running back and forth to my house to get another piece each time I find jack. If you find Jack and give him a piece of candy, he'll reward you with Halloween furniture. There are several pieces so you have to do this over and over again (all the while trying to avoid the other residents) in order to get the entire set (and there is A LOT of furniture). The furniture sells for big bells at Tom Nooks, and you could easily earn enough for a house upgrade or two depending on how lucky you are. Remember - Jack is always VERY still and once you find him, it's usually at least 10 or 15 minutes before he'll reappear.

For the thanksgiving furniture, you need to time travel to Thanksgiving day then go to the town square and talk to the Mayor. He'll give you a knife and fork - then run around the town and look for the turkey that's usually hiding behind buildings, afraid of being eaten. Each time you give him the knife and fork, he'll give you a piece of harvest furniture (also worth big bells).

I forgot how the Christmas one goes, but I'll post the tips for that when I figure it out again :) If I remember correctly, it has to do with constantly changing outfits then finding a reindeer or something like that :)

Pete

:scared1: Hmmmmm... I was looking at this game today at Best Buy and wondering if DS8 would like it??

DH just looked over and said thats a long post who wrote that?! :lmao: :lmao: :rolleyes1

So anyway thanks Pete...I do think that is the longest post...

For those who are interested Sam's Club is selling this game for $45.88 while most of the other electronic outlets; i.e. Best Buy, Circuit City, etc is selling it for $49. Not a huge savings, but since most of the Wii games are priced the same everywhere a little savings is nice to see.

Pete

SO NOW WE KNOW WHY THE PODCAST ISN'T UP UNTIL WEDNESDAYS NOW!! :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl: Keep this up and it will be going up every other week :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

the last game console we had was PS2, I am so lost on how this stuff works now. Guess I better get up on the times!

I can't find this for sale anywhere by mine, even tho it's (UK) release date was 5th December.

Absolutely loved the DS version of it, so think i'll be giving this to DW for Christmas, maybe the Wii can stop gathering so much dust then :)

:goodvibes

I am soooo buying this for our new Wii. Just when you thought you were done. LOL.

Question people: should i get it on DS where i can play it everyday, or on Wii, when i can only play it when i'm not at Uni???

Tough choices!

Pete

hey you got amy and i addicted to the first one on gamecube, and your the one who got me addicted to video games in the first place at grammas all those years ago.

i want to try the new Animal crossing but i dont have a wii, i had to sell mine:furious:so we could pay rent at the appartment:furious:.

Ok, now i bought it but it's sitting wrapped up and cant be played til the 25th :(

:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter