• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Animal Crossing is AMAZING (you know...)

My DD is getting this for Christmas. I can't wait to try it. Pete, I think it's pretty neat that you know all this stuff.

I was so tempted to buy this when I was in Town yesterday, There was a £15 gift card burning a hole in my pocket (I'd returned a DVD since we found it cheaper elsewhere) and so the game would have been about half price!

I absolutely love to play The Sims, so this seems like a game that I would like. The only thing is, my favorite part of the Sims is building and decorating the houses and then getting cool clothes for my Sims. Is AC really task-intensive or would I still have fun just decorating houses and playing around with the characters? Like, I don't really enjoy getting jobs for my Sims and making them earn higher skill levels and such. I usually just use cheats to get them unlimited money and them have them do fun things like go on vacation. (Sort of like my dream life!) What do you regular players think? Would AC be fun if I didn't run around trying to earn more money and such and just had my animal "take it easy?"

Toys r Us has a deal on select Wii, Xbox 360, PS2 & PS3 games prices 29.99 or more -- buy 1, get 1 $20 off -- offer ends 12/13/08

Pete - you've sucked me in. This game will be under our tree this year. I hope DD13 doesn't mind if I play too :rolleyes1

Disney Khi, Im obsessed with both the sims AND ac, ac is kinda different. You get to build up your house, you can sort of decorate it, but it's not as detailed as the sims. Ac has its own sort of appeal to it. Its a lot of fun and trying to get all the different outfits and being creative is just as fun. You have tasks, but i think of it as very similr to "My sims" for wii or pc (also a good game...i have pc version because i dont have a wii anymore)

Disney Khi, Im obsessed with both the sims AND ac, ac is kinda different. You get to build up your house, you can sort of decorate it, but it's not as detailed as the sims. Ac has its own sort of appeal to it. Its a lot of fun and trying to get all the different outfits and being creative is just as fun. You have tasks, but i think of it as very similr to "My sims" for wii or pc (also a good game...i have pc version because i dont have a wii anymore)

Thanks! I'm definitely going to keep this one in mind. DH is getting a Wii for Christmas, so I might have to get this for myself!

This game is sitting under my Christmas tree, wrapped up but mocking me, really wanna play it and dust of the poor neglected Wii :lmao:

:goodvibes

This game is sitting under my Christmas tree, wrapped up but mocking me, really wanna play it and dust of the poor neglected Wii :lmao:

How mean of it!

Mine is on my birthday/Christmas money list, as i put it on too late to make it onto the main list. However my lack of Wii at uni may cause some problems, plus my dad has just got Call of Duty, which could end up with major household conflicts over the Sky + box/Wii

How mean of it!

Mine is on my birthday/Christmas money list, as i put it on too late to make it onto the main list. However my lack of Wii at uni may cause some problems, plus my dad has just got Call of Duty, which could end up with major household conflicts over the Sky + box/Wii

:santa: It's a present from me, so it's sitting there as a surprise, tho my DW must have realised it now by the amount of times i whistle the AC theme tune :lmao:

Thinking of getting Call of Duty myself, but didn't enjoy the 4th one as much as the rest of the world seemed to, and i've just got Resistance 2, which i did enjoy the prequel to!

I'll send you our Wii for your term time once DW has got bored of AC - i think since we got it we've played it probably a grand total of 10 times!

:santa: It's a present from me, so it's sitting there as a surprise, tho my DW must have realised it now by the amount of times i whistle the AC theme tune :lmao:

Thinking of getting Call of Duty myself, but didn't enjoy the 4th one as much as the rest of the world seemed to, and i've just got Resistance 2, which i did enjoy the prequel to!

I'll send you our Wii for your term time once DW has got bored of AC - i think since we got it we've played it probably a grand total of 10 times!

Done! What do you think the postage is from Liverpool to Brighton? :rotfl:

Gears Of War 2 SE is doing the same to be, but less of the neglected, my Xbox 360 gets LOTS of attention

Well based on your comments, we'll now be playing Animal Crossing too! (and we're older than you are). We'll have to find some time this weekend to try it.

any beginner hints?

Okay - peer pressure got to us. I just bought a Wii today and Animal Crossing. Looks like we're in the club, too. :sad2: :rolleyes1

(I also got Ratitouille and Caspian for it, too!)

Well, now thanks to my sister not being able to finish my christmas present in time, shes now apparently going to get me Animal Crossing... there goes all of my free-time over the break, when i'm not at work, i'll be playing this and GoW2.

OH and the troops are getting this along with Wii speak for their Christmas.
Sounds like they will have lots of fun with it :goodvibes

so now I'm playing Animal Crossing instead of oh, decorating the tree, wrapping the presents - this is very very bad......:lmao:

Oh man-I thought I was done shopping for the kids (yeah-that's it-for the kids-not me).

I knew it, I just knew this thread was going to get me sucked into the AC craze. Just got my Wii for my birthday last week and with Christmas and all I haven't even gotten it plugged it yet. The only game I have is the Sports one that came with it...

"Dear Santa ( DH ) please bring me Animal Crossing.....I promise really really promise that I won't play it 24/7 ( hehehe - right )!!"

Besides I need something to play on it until I can find WiiFit :surfweb: :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter