Animal Kingdom-breakdown of number and type of units available in September '07?

Tinkmom

DIS Veteran
It seems that I recall that 134 units are going to be available in the main lodge, but I don't recall if all are expected to be ready in September, nor do I recall seeing a breakdown of how many of what type will be available for booking in '07.

I have tried to find this info in past posts, but no luck after searching for a while. Can someone help?

Thanks!

Thanks, but what I need is the number of each type of unit expected to be available for reservation later this year, especially the number of concierge-level rooms -- was it 5 or 6 two-bedroom lockoffs??

Anyone? :)

According to that map, something's supposed to be ready in July of 2007 if I'm reading right. Does anyone know what that is? Also, I'd like to know what will be ready in September, specifically the number and type of studios (# of value, standard, savannah?).

Thanks, but what I need is the number of each type of unit expected to be available for reservation later this year, especially the number of concierge-level rooms -- was it 5 or 6 two-bedroom lockoffs??

Many people have reported hearing from their guides that concierge/club level will consist of five 2BR lockoffs, all located on the sixth floor. According to the map, that portion of the AKL/AKV conversion opens in May 2008.

AKV - 46 Dedicated Studios - 0 Dedicated 1BR villas - 140 Dedicated 2BR villas - 250 Lockoffs - 22 GVs. 134 villas within AKL (opening fall, 2007) , 324 villas in a new building (opening Spring, 2009) for a total of 458 Units / 708 Max. Available Rooms.

I found this on another thread, but the numbers don't make sense to me. 46 studios, 140 dedicated 2 br, 250 lockoffs, 22 GV for 134 villas?

And I thought that there would be concierge rooms available in the fall, but perhaps that IS pushed back to '08?

Edit: Okay, okay, now I understand but it DOESN'T answer my original question, rats! It just breaks down the number of villas overall and how many of the total are in the Lodge and how many are in the new building.

No concierge til May 2008, according to the guides.

Then it will be 5 2 BR lockoffs.

As to what, beyond that, will be available, later this year...nobody really knows.

According to that map, something's supposed to be ready in July of 2007 if I'm reading right. Does anyone know what that is? Also, I'd like to know what will be ready in September, specifically the number and type of studios (# of value, standard, savannah?).

the construction will be finished in July - but not the rooms - they still need their interiors done. So I am expecting August - even then they won't let us stay in it. they have some CM stay in it to make sure everything is working properly.

but that is what will be open in Sept - and boy to me anyway it looks small. Somewhere between 5% and 10% by the map.

the part that is opening in Sept I won't expect until Nov. Now it is a nice piece of the resort.

The points calculator on the DVC Members site only has the values for Savanna View rooms active for stays between 1 Sept 2007 and May 2008.

I'm not sure if that means anything or not.

johno

The points calculator on the DVC Members site only has the values for Savanna View rooms active for stays between 1 Sept 2007 and May 2008.

I'm not sure if that means anything or not.

johno

http://dvc.disney.go.com/dvc/common/blankPage?id=PointsChartDAKV07Page

The official points CHART, though, says it's good through Dec 31, 2008.

Spiceycat, from what the guides have said, the dates on the map are when the ROOMS will be finished and are estimated to OPEN, not just finish construction. We'll have to see if they're right or not.

Spiceycat, from what the guides have said, the dates on the map are when the ROOMS will be finished and are estimated to OPEN, not just finish construction. We'll have to see if they're right or not.

hey then they will open in July - or do we still have to wait for the testers....

hey then they will open in July - or do we still have to wait for the testers....

That's what we don't know.

We know that you won't be able to book them on points until Sept 1.

But whether they simply go into testing for July and August, or make it into CRO inventory for cash ressies...we're just guessing right now. I suspect it will be a bit of both: Testing in late July and early Aug and CRO inventory for the last 2 weeks of August. Let them work the kinks out of the rooms, so to speak..

Does anyone know how many grandvillas there will be available in sept. and upon completion???

Edit: Okay, okay, now I understand but it DOESN'T answer my original question, rats! It just breaks down the number of villas overall and how many of the total are in the Lodge and how many are in the new building.

the map has part of AKL not even opening until May, 2008 and Dec, 2007.
I think Doc got told that all the Dvc units would be ready in fall, 2007 and that is not what the map says.

Does anyone know how many grandvillas there will be available in sept. and upon completion???

I would expect none in Sept for GV - maybe in 2008. I am expecting Sept to be the units DVC knows it can rent - studio and 1-bedrooms - since they don't have any dedicated 1-bedroom then 2-bedrooms. might all be lock out.

Based on the floor plans, it looks like the GVs will be located at the ends of each hallway. According to the map, there should be 2 GVs opening in September. However if you look at the document filed with Orange County that shows the initial Units that Disney is selling, none of them show a GV in the floor plan and none of them are located at the end of a hallway. In other words, the Units currently being sold do not completely fill in that blue area of the map. It will be interesting to see the next set of floor plans that turn up on the OC website to see if any GVs are included.

Thank you spicycat and Lisa. I guess the most anyone could hope for is a two bedroom villa in Sept. That will work for us!!!

The points charts are kind of useless, as they provide Jan 2007 point rooms too! According to my guide, the phones open this month for bookings beginning Sept. What will be ready? Who knows but I was told by the guide that the two floors in the Lodge will be complete. Given that the furniture is now for sale on MouseSurplus, I'd say it's moving along!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter