• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Animal Kingdom closing early?

Scooley01

Mouseketeer
Hi all! We're booked for our honeymoon in early June. I just got a notification from TouringPlans that indicated that the Animal Kingdom hours fir June 9th changed from 9am-7pm to an earlier close time of 6pm.

Is this common? We're going to AK the day before this change, but I'm afraid the hours on our day will also be shortened. Also, this is several hours before sunset - are there just no nighttime shows at AK in the summer?

Hours usually change closer to the date unless a special event is being held there.

There are no nighttime shows at AK at all anymore. They don't even do the night safari. The hours could get shortened there, but it's hard to say.

The special olympics are being hosted that week so I am wondering if some of the nights during that week each park will close early for an event?

Hi all! We're booked for our honeymoon in early June. I just got a notification from TouringPlans that indicated that the Animal Kingdom hours fir June 9th changed from 9am-7pm to an earlier close time of 6pm.

Is this common? We're going to AK the day before this change, but I'm afraid the hours on our day will also be shortened. Also, this is several hours before sunset - are there just no nighttime shows at AK in the summer?
They are currently updating park hours about 2/3 weeks out on Thursdays/Fridays. Currently the updated schedule is through 4/23. The next update will occur in the next 36 hours and will be for 4/24-4/30.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter