• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Animal Kingdom Closing Time - Summer

CT Disney

DIS Veteran
I am vising WDW the last week of June into the first week of July. According to the Disney App, Animal Kingdom will close at 7:00 every night that we are there. I was hoping to see Pandora at night but I'm guessing that won't be possible considering the sun doesn't set until well after 7:00 in the summer.

Any idea if they will adjust the park hours? Pandora is so beautiful at night and I'm surprised they'd close before nightfall.

I went last August and if I recall they did close at 7pm the day I was there. I wanted to see Pandora lit up, so I got in line for FoP about 10 minutes before closing and it was lit up when I got off the ride. It wasn't pitch black out, but everything was still glowing:)

I came across this for all parks when I booked my trip for May (back in Feb/Mar). When I chatted with a cast member they said that the official park times don't come out until closer to the date and the 7pm was just a placeholder.

If the park hours stay as they are it will be challenging to see Pandora at night as sunset in June isn’t until 8:30ish. If they extend them and you get in line to ride Flight of Passage right before the park closes, you should be able to see it illuminated although it won’t be fully dark.

I sincerely doubt park hours will be extended for AK this summer, a while back they announced the Tree of Life Awakenings were canceled for the next couple of months. They would not have done that if they intended to keep the park open late enough for it to get dark.

Thanks everyone for your input! I'm hoping we get a glimpse of Pandora all lit up. I've seen it before but I'm going with someone who's never experienced it. It seems like a shame to invest all that effort into creating a stunning nighttime atmosphere only to shut down early. It seems like the sentiment is "you might get lucky".

Thanks everyone for your input! I'm hoping we get a glimpse of Pandora all lit up. I've seen it before but I'm going with someone who's never experienced it. It seems like a shame to invest all that effort into creating a stunning nighttime atmosphere only to shut down early. It seems like the sentiment is "you might get lucky".
The majority of the year guests do have the opportunity of visiting Pandora at night. Unfortunately your trip coincides with the longest days of the year, thus keeping the park open late enough proves challenging in a time when many park hours are shortened. I would guess staffing continues to be a challenge for Disney.

I am vising WDW the last week of June into the first week of July. According to the Disney App, Animal Kingdom will close at 7:00 every night that we are there. I was hoping to see Pandora at night but I'm guessing that won't be possible considering the sun doesn't set until well after 7:00 in the summer.

Any idea if they will adjust the park hours? Pandora is so beautiful at night and I'm surprised they'd close before nightfall.
They may adjust park hours, but lately, even at busy times, the latest AK has been open is at 8 pm. Even at 8, in the summer it’s still pretty light out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter