Animal Kingdom - Do I buy into Kidani or Jambo specifically?

Jasonkat

Mouseketeer
For Animal Kingdom do you buy Kidani or Jambo points, or are there only Animal Kingdom points that have 11 month rights to either Kidani or Jambo?

When making a reservation can you choose either Kidani or Jambo?

If I were to buy into AK I'd prefer Kidani because the one bedrooms have 2 bathrooms so I want to make sure I'd always be able to reserve a Kidani.

For Animal Kingdom do you buy Kidani or Jambo points, or are there only Animal Kingdom points that have 11 month rights to either Kidani or Jambo?

When making a reservation can you choose either Kidani or Jambo?

If I were to buy into AK I'd prefer Kidani because the one bedrooms have 2 bathrooms so I want to make sure I'd always be able to reserve a Kidani.

There are only AKV points. When you reserve, you specify Kidani or Jambo. Those are booking categories.

If you reserve before the 7 month window opens, you will not have any problem getting what you want in the Kidani building. In fact, there are often Kidani villas (and Jambo villas, too, for that matter) available to those who reserve at 7 months.

When you buy AKV, either Jambo House or Kidani Village will be on the contract. But AKV will be your home resort.

You will have the 11 month booking advantage at either Jambo or Kidani, any category within AKV.

Yes, I agree it is nice to have the extra bathroom.

Good luck with your decision.

Thanks a lot for your replies. We're going to buy into DVC next year and my wife would like to get a place that has 2 bathrooms for a 1 bedroom villa, so we're either thinking AKL or BLT. I know that some AKL 1 bedrooms don't have two baths (Jambo) so I wanted to make sure we could always reserve a place with two bathrooms.

Jasonkat said:
Thanks a lot for your replies. We're going to buy into DVC next year and my wife would like to get a place that has 2 bathrooms for a 1 bedroom villa, so we're either thinking AKL or BLT. I know that some AKL 1 bedrooms don't have two baths (Jambo) so I wanted to make sure we could always reserve a place with two bathrooms.

We bought at AKV but have only stayed at BLT (staying AKV in December) Loved BLT and will probably love AKV just as much.

That extra bathroom spoils you! We have done quite a few trips with extended family, and having 3 full bathrooms in the 2BR villas is awesome. It is one thing that keeps us from wanting to stay at the older resorts with more than 4 people.

Owning at AKV is also nice, since you have the concierge and value options. We are going on a trip next summer with a total of 8 people. We want to get there a couple of days before everyone else arrives, so we are using a value studio for 2 nights to save on points.

We have stayed on the CL once, but the rest of our stays have been at Kidani. We tend to prefer Kidani for the smaller, quieter lobby and the buses. Also, Sanaa is probably our favorite restaurant on property

There are many more Kidani villas than Jambo, so if you want Kidani, that should be no problem when booking.

When you buy AKV, either Jambo House or Kidani Village will be on the contract. But AKV will be your home resort.

Actually, it just says 'Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas' and has a Unit Number. You need to know where that Unit Number is to know if it's Jambo House or Kidani Village.

If I'm not mistaken, the only resorts that you can buy directly from DVC currently are AK and Aulani.

But, you would want to buy in the resale market anyway since there's a huge difference in price. You may want to ask about benefits available to a new owner who purchases a resale as I believe I have seen they aren't as complete as an "original" owner. Not sure, but bears asking.

Actually, it just says 'Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas' and has a Unit Number. You need to know where that Unit Number is to know if it's Jambo House or Kidani Village.

I believe it doesn't have any bearing whether it has a unit # from Jambo or Kidani as to your Home resort priviliges. I recall that there was a unit # from OKW when we purchased in 1993 where it showed we owned some small percentage of that unit. That didn't mean we could only book in that unit.

It just related to laws in the state of Florida regarding timeshare laws that any developer couldn't sell a timeshare unit from a building/structure that hadn't been built yet. This is in place to protect consumers where developers go belly up from having sold to people when the timeshare was "vapor".

I believe it doesn't have any bearing whether it has a unit # from Jambo or Kidani as to your Home resort priviliges. I recall that there was a unit # from OKW when we purchased in 1993 where it showed we owned some small percentage of that unit. That didn't mean we could only book in that unit.

It just related to laws in the state of Florida regarding timeshare laws that any developer couldn't sell a timeshare unit from a building/structure that hadn't been built yet. This is in place to protect consumers where developers go belly up from having sold to people when the timeshare was "vapor".
It's true that you can book a room within any Unit in a resort, not just a room in the Unit you own. Most people have no idea which Unit they bought or whether they have stayed in a room within that Unit.

However the physical Unit you own can become an issue if it becomes uninhabitable, due to a fire or hurricane damage for example. While your Unit is offline you cannot use your points. Disney can opt not to repair that Unit in which case you will receive some insurance proceeds and will no longer be a DVC member unless you own another contract.

If I'm not mistaken, the only resorts that you can buy directly from DVC currently are AK and Aulani.

actually, any DVC (including OKW, the first DVC resort) can be purchased directly. DVC guides are most likely compensated in a way that encourages them to promote the newer resorts like AKV and aulani but persistent buyers (or current owners looking for small add-ons) can buy direct if they prefer (no sales incentives usually for the older resorts but the direct prices for all DVC resorts can be found at dvcnews.com.)

it is defintely true that resale is almost always a better value, though.

What you legally purchase is an undivided real estate interest in a "unit" which itself is often more than one room (e.g., at OKW each building was a unit). Thus, when you purchase AKV, you are deeded a real estate interest equaling some small percentage ownership in a specific unit that is in either Jambo or Kidani. However, chances are that you may actually never stay in a room that is in that particular unit. The legal real estate interest controls what you buy, mortgage, sell, and record with the local government agency but has little to do with making a reservation. Your "points" represent your real estate interest and it is the point system that is used to reserve rooms. Under that system if you purchase at AKL, you can reserve at 11 months out any room category at either Jambo or Kidani any time of year.

This is an old thread. But here's my question - if I buy another resale contract with a Kidani unit number, will I only be able to book at Kidani at 11 months? My present AKV contract is marked Jambo (even though the picture below shows Kidani).

This is an old thread. But here's my question - if I buy another resale contract with a Kidani unit number, will I only be able to book at Kidani at 11 months? My present AKV contract is marked Jambo (even though the picture below shows Kidani).
My two AKV contracts are both Kidani & we always book Jambo at 11 months.

No, you could book at either Jambo or Kidani with your AKV points at 11 months.

Perfect, thanks!

My two AKV contracts are both Kidani & we always book Jambo at 11 months.
Think of it like OKW - lots of different buildings, but one resort. For booking purposes, the unit listed on your deed doesn't matter. Jambo & Kidani are both AKV

This is maybe a little random... but is there anyway to find out what rooms your unit corresponds to? I know it doesn't really have any impact on anything, but I'm just curious about what my .3% of an AKV unit corresponds to.

Last edited:
This is maybe a little random... but is there anyway to find out what rooms your unit corresponds to? I know it doesn't really have any impact on anything, but I'm just curious about what my .03% of an AKV unit corresponds to.
I can’t remember how to find them, but DVC was required to file with the state floorplans showing the location of every Residential Unit in each new condominium association they created. I know I’ve seen links to them online but can’t remember where. I’ve been curious lately about my two tiny bits of BWV in my two contracts. The percentages I own of the two units are different, but each one represents 150 points!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter