• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Animal Kingdom Kedani

MarkyMouse

Mouseketeer
I was curious to know your thoughts on what request I should make upon check in at AKKV. Should I request to be close to the lobby or should I request a low floor? Which would you choose?

Should be purely your preference. I prefer being close to lobby/elevator, but close to lobby can be noisier then other spots. With WDW though, a request is only that.

I would request closer to lobby over floor, because at Kidani it's very spread out and if you get a far away room you could be walking a ways to get back to the lobby (although there are numerous parking spots across the resort so your walk to the car may not necessarily be long).

Just my opinion, of course!

I requested close to transportation when I stayed there, as it is huge. The bus stop is on one side of the lobby and the pool is on the other.

It is very spread out as mentioned. I would prefer closer to the lobby and not worry about what floor. Just my opinion, ymmv.

Since we drove, we wanted the lower level. We were able to park under our room, walk up a flight of stairs, and were in our room in a minute. That was awesome compared to other resorts where you park in the hugh lot, walk through the lobby, and down long halls to your room.

I understand wanting to be near the lobby if you will be in that area a lot. We were not, so level was the better choice for us. It also happened that we were beside a bus stop, which we did use 1 day.

Definately close to the lobby. Love Kidani but it is spread out quite a bit!

I just came back from my 3rd stay at Kidani. It's really a matter of preference. Did you book a savannah view? Ask for a higher floor for a wider view of the savannah and more chances of seeing animals. Ask for a lower floor to feel much closer to the animals. For our last trip for the first time I asked for a lower floor, which I actually enjoyed a bit more than the upper floor.
If you will be relying on Disney buses to get to the parks, ask for a room close to the lobby. It can be such a looooong walk to the room otherwise, and after an exhausting day at the park, it's not that fun.
If you're driving instead, I would ask for the Rafiki elevator area as it is very conveniently close to the pool.

Thanks everyone. Any others with a thought?

It is very spread out, so if you object to walking; request near lobby. If you will drive then the first floor suggestion is good.
An alternate consideration is if you really like and want to spend time at AKL. While there is a shuttle van between AKKV and AKL, it is a short and fast walk from the end of AKKV nearest AKL to AKL - shorter than from the end of AKKV nearest to AKL and AKKV lobby. Just sayin...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter