Animal Kingdom Lodge or Caribbean Beach Resort

RoseMom

Mouseketeer
Trying to decide between these 2 resorts for a July trip. It is an extended family trip consisting of 5 adults and 4 kids. Adults range in age from 70s (although thankfully in good health) to 40s and kids from 13-5. This will be a first trip for a few of the people going but for some of us we have been multiple times. We plan on going to all 4 parks and staying 6 nights. We love AKL but have stayed at CBR about 7 years ago. We also love the skyliner (are DVC owners at RIV)! Thoughts? (Not staying on DVC points this trip due to needing 3 separate rooms and not enough points!)

HHmmmm.....that's a tough one. If you are getting park hopper tickets, I would choose CBR because you can easily hop to EP or DHS in the evening after taking a break at the resort to swim and rest from the heat. If you are only doing one park per day and staying in the parks for most of the day, I would choose AKL to have the all-under-one-roof to relax with family, dine and swim.

Another vote for AKL. With the near-daily rain in July, most food offerings are all accessible without going outdoors. Also, much less walking to do at AKL compared to CBR. Another plus for AKL, no internal bus stops like CBR. I love the zero-entry pool that AKL has and there is lots of shade (big plus and what we always look for in resort pools).

Totally forgot about the stair situation. I suppose OP could request ground floor explaining someone can't do stairs (if there is such a person in their party).

The Skyliner is just by far the best form of transportation, in my opinion, and we loved that about CBR, but when we stayed last summer, we had massive issues with our AC. There were issues all over the resort (not all the rooms, but enough that they were out of box fans to distribute) with keeping the rooms cool enough, so I don't think I'd ever stay there again during the summer. And I have to agree with ktink, nothing beats the extended hours during the summer! With the sun down, the weather is much more manageable, so AKL definitely gets my vote!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter