• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Animal Kingdom Lodge Room Service

ZPT1022

<font color=red>DIS Veteran<br><font color=blue>Dr
Has anyone done the Animal Kingdom Lodge's room service "dinner package" I read about it on www.wdwig.com and it is around $100 and you get dinner for two and a bottle of wine and then dessert. I am really curious to see what people's opinions of it are. Did you think it was worth it? Would you do it again?

No, I haven't done it, but I just have to comment that the room service at AKL is excellent! Quite a varied menu and very prompt and efficient service. :)

Michelle,
Did you do room service for breakfast at all? Did they have the cards to pre-order breakfast? I remember they had those at Beach Club last time we were at WDW and you could hang the card on your door and breakfast would be there when you said you wanted it there. We thought it might be neat to order breakfast one morning too

I remember reading on Bob NC's trip reports about him ordering breakfast roomservice on the cards. I'm planning on using roomservice a couple times in October.

We used the cards you put out at night to preorder room service breakfast. You choose the delivery time by half hour increments, ie: 6:00 - 6:30 or 6:30 - 7:00. In our experience they always got to our room at the very beginning of the delivery time window.

We weren't interested in lunch or dinner room service, but, we just loved having breakfast delivered and sitting on the balcony watching the animals while we ate.

With room service coffee at about $9 per pot, you may want to choose to request a coffee maker and just have breakfast food delivered while making your own coffee.

I had not heard about the "special occassion" room service either. Has anyone gotten it? DH and I are spending our 3rd anniversary at AKL in November. We currently have PS's for California Grill, but I'm thinking that this may be more romantic.

Erin :D

I just have to agree with what Michelle has already stated, we also did AKL room service and it was excellent!! Very quick and the CM's were incredibly nice! Lots of extra goodies as well came with it...We ordered room service for breakfast 3 times, once on the card. One morning I ordered Tonga Toast (just had to try it! LOL) and it came with 5 little jars of Jelly! We also ordered Room service at night a couple of times and the food was just excellent...I really can't say enough about it because when we stayed at WL, we also ordered RS there and it wasn't nearly as good as AKL!

Have a great time!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter