Animal kingdom lodge vs Polynesian reg and concierge

Puffy2

DIS Veteran
Just looking for opinions.

If you had to choose between Animal Kingdom Lodge and Polynesian standard room, which would you choose and why?

What about concierge at those two?

If you had to choose between Animal Kingdom Lodge and Polynesian standard room, which would you choose and why?

Love both resorts for different reasons, but the Poly is my favorite overall, so that would be my choice. I love the Poly for the beautiful tropical atmosphere, the beach for watching the fireworks, and being on the monorail with easy access to the GF and CR for a variety of great dining options. With that said, if the Poly wasn't available, I'd have no problem returning to AKL. I can't comment on CL as I haven't stayed CL at either resort.

It depends on what you are looking for in a resort. If you want a quieter resort, AKL is fantastic. Beautiful theming, great restaurants, less chaotic than Poly. You will have a smaller room, though. I wasn't thrilled with AKL CL as the lounge is not close to the rooms. I probably wouldn't opt to do CL again if we went back to AKL.

Poly is also gorgeous, but much busier than AKL. Obviously, you will have access to the MK via monorail and can also walk (or take the monorail) to TTC to get the EP monorail there. The rooms are bigger. I'm not a fan of the restaurants. Again, quite chaotic and virtually impossible to get into without an ADR. The pool is fun, but there is no shade. The view from the Poly beach, especially during fireworks, is stunning. CL there is quite nice as all the rooms (except the suites) are located in the same building as the lounge. If I were to stay CL there, I would choose a garden view room. The lagoon and TPV CL rooms are quite loud with both the EWP and fireworks in the evenings.

I have Stayed CL at both and prefer Poly for the tropical landscaping and monorail access. It's great to be able to walk to the TTC for the Epcot monorail too. We like to walk and explore other resorts and enjoy the walk along the lagoon to the Grand Floridian too. This location also gives you more dining options within walking or monorail distance. We also love the fireworks from the beach. The club at AKL is on the 6th floor overlooking the large lobby. We had a room on the 4th floor. I believe the whole 6th floor (and maybe 5 too?) is DCV.

We split stay the 2 because we love both. Never did club level, but both resorts are amazing. I think the poly might have a VERY slight edge over AKL. But you can’t go wrong with either.

Where is the cl lounge at AKL in relation to the rooms?

AKL CL rooms are on the 4th floor; lounge is on the 6th floor. It’s a little bit of a walk, especially if staying on the Kudu side.

I agree with the pp that AKL is more serene; Poly is more touristy. However, Poly CL has amazing views from the lounge of the castle/fireworks plus the monorail. AKL CL has a view of the lobby.

I have Stayed CL at both and prefer Poly for the tropical landscaping and monorail access. It's great to be able to walk to the TTC for the Epcot monorail too. We like to walk and explore other resorts and enjoy the walk along the lagoon to the Grand Floridian too. This location also gives you more dining options within walking or monorail distance. We also love the fireworks from the beach. The club at AKL is on the 6th floor overlooking the large lobby. We had a room on the 4th floor. I believe the whole 6th floor (and maybe 5 too?) is DCV.

Yes, 5th and 6th is DVC. 6th floor rooms are DVC CL.

poly no question. you will be in the heart of Disney. most beautiful resort and you have monorail access

I think Animal Kingdom Lodge is the better resort by itself but if doing the parks, I would choose Poly for the monorail. The Poly is my favorite because there is something about seeing the castle and fireworks from the resort :)

Not a fan or CL at all for any resort. You can't go wrong with either the Poly or AKL. AKL is my favorite hands down (even though I love the Poly as well). My husband says if you are just comparing resorts his favorite is AKL but he likes the Poly because of the monorail. I feel like if I was staying at AKL I would perfectly happy not going to the parks at all because there are so many things to do and see, and the restaurants are all fantastic. I think I would be ready to hit the parks sooner at the Poly. I would be perfectly happy at either resort though. They are both amazing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter