Animal Kingdom: Morning or Evening Visit

We did both and I enjoyed evening much more. Less heat and I felt like we saw alot more animals on our evening safari but I know that is just luck of the draw. Pandora and the Tree of Life were gorgeous lit up.

They just extended AK hours to 10:30 pm closing. I booked us 7:30-8:30 Safari, 8:30-9:30 Everest, and 9:30-10:30 FoP.

I have ridden Everest in the dark once, amazing. Never saw Safari late in the day, I want to ride that after 8 pm. And I prefer Pandora as late and as dark as possible.

PS this is for early July, when temps will likely be in mid 90s or worse.

We prefer evening just because of the heat. There are not a lot of places to get inside out of the heat at AK. We'll go before dark so that we can enjoy the daylight but it's much cooler then.

Last weekend we were there on Saturday. It was a busy day but we did fine. We arrived 2:30 and stayed till close. We had FP for FoP at 3pm so we got to see Pandora in the day time. Then after dinner we went back and waited standby to ride Navi River (ho hum) so we got to see Pandora at night-beautiful. So try to time it so you can see Pandora in daylight and dark. We had a safari FP at 6pm and it was great because so many animals were moving around eating... we even got to see Augustus the baby hippo and many giraffes moving and up close.

We love Rivers of Light so if I had to pick I guess I would say evening. If you aren't going to do the evening show I would probably say morning. If you aren't going to Pandara (or are just doing Na'vi and then leaving until your early afternoon FOP FP) the rest of the park is practically empty for about an hour (two if it's EMH). We thought it was an amazing time to see the park.

If it's the hot time of the year we will go early like even extra magic morning and then take an afternoon break and come back for the evening.

Otherwise, it's a matter of preference like do you want to sleep in one morning and go later in the day. Or just the opposite go early and get done with your three fastpasses and try for a few more and leave for the day.

We have done it all the different ways and we prefer taking a break in the afternoon and do morning and evening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter