Animal Kingdom on Pop Warner Party Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

duck524

Earning My Ears
From a touring perspective, would you rather do a late morning arrival to AK on a Sunday (TP crowd level 2) and use the get in line 5 minutes before close approach to riding FoP or RD FoP and tour AK on the Wednesday the park closes early for the Pop Warner cheer party? TP is predicting level 1 crowds that day, but it looks like they have historically been higher than that. It does look like even the Pop Warner guests will have to leave the park at close before renentering at party time. Most of our day will probably be spent in Dinoland and our only other must-dos are Safari, Lion King, Nemo, and Triceratops.

"Triceratops" is a must do? Now I've heard everything.

I would rope drop in lieu of the 5 minutes before close.

Duck524 - I'm responding to your initial post and wondered if you found pop warner on Wednesday of the Pop Warner week to be busy (since they had the party in the evening?)

Animal Kingdom was busier than I expected that day. I think it ended up being a CL 7 or something like that. It was manageable for us though. We arrived after rope drop, but still early enough to get onto the Safari with little wait. That allowed me to modify our Safari FP to FoP FP at the mid-day drop. We didn’t do any shows, and the character lines were pretty long, but we still had a good time.

Going to close this thread to avoid any year-to-year confusion since it was originally posted last year. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter