• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Animal Kingdom strategy for tomorrow?

brentm77

DIS Veteran
Is the park opening early like the rest, even though it already opens at 7?

Is it best to hit up a bunch of the other rides and then deal with the long line for Pandora, or do we come out better doing the reverse?

Best quick service dinner?

Last edited:
I think that if you are in the first wave through the gates, fop is a good idea. Otherwise, you are right, do some of the other stuff first and watch times for fop. Also, if you wait til close to closing time, lines will be shorter (inflated posted wait times).
For quick service, Satu’ li canteen and Flame Tree BBQ are popular.

We got to the park around noon on Saturday and got to do everything except the Navi’ River, which we didn’t want to do anyway.

Also looking for animal kingdom opening time for Dec 28? Are the parks still averaging a 45 min before actual time opening? TIA

So the park will “probably” open around 6:15?
Also-what about Uber? We were thinking of using Uber unless the busses are coming early...I’d hate to end up in an Uber and stuck because they won’t let us in.

We did as suggested. FOP was an hour when we arrived at 6:50. So we road the Pandora boat ride - walked right on. Then Dinosaur, Everest, Safari. FOP got up to over two hours. By 9 it was down to 80 minutes and we hopped in line. Line only took an hour. We had ridden everything by lunch. Crowds were going the opposite of us all morning. Seemed like we just missed the long lines for everything.

Last edited:

How are people getting to AK so early? Busses? Are they letting you in early if you drive? TIA.

We did AK on 12/27. 7am-7pm posted park hours. We drove and were let into main gate around 6:20, cars held until 6:30ish if I recall. In the park through temp check and in line for FOP alittle before 7, walk on. I’m just posting our experience to let anyone know that it doesn’t seem to be a guarantee that AK in particular is opening approximately 45 mins early all the time and I say that because it didn’t seem like it on Sunday.

How are people getting to AK so early? Busses? Are they letting you in early if you drive? TIA.

We drove. We did that for all the parks this week instead of taking the bus from Coronado Springs. My wife was in an electric wheelchair, and we have found getting on the busses is super slow with it. They often only allow one per bus and the loading and unloading time seems so slow when you are trying to make rope drop.

Honestly, I will probably do it even without the chair in the future. It was super quick. Since we were early, we were able to park close each morning. And after a long day, it was great jumping in the car and not waiting in another line.

We never made it to the parks exactly 45 minutes early, so I don't know when they open parking. But they were all open when we arrived 30 minutes before park opening, and many people had already parked by that time.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter