Animal Kingdom Swap ELEMENTS - COMPLETE & CLOSED

DisneyIsTerrific

DIS Veteran
Animal Kingdom Swap - element groups

Due Date: September 23 This is when I need to receive your package. The mail by date is September 16 to make sure the package arrives to me on time.

Required check-ins will be:
June 24 – Verify Groups on progress thread
July 15
August 19
September 2
September 16 (mail by this day)

Angels: I will pm you with a reminder if you forget to check in. After 48 hours with no response I will request angels for your spots. If you are going on vacation or will be out of town, please check in early. Please do not sign up for more than you can handle. If you need an angel, please ask for one as soon as possible.

After sign-ups, please pm me your name, DIS name, mailing address, email address and phone number when you sign up (I will only use these in an emergency).

The requirement of this swap is to make TWO Elements, embellished at least once. You may embellish more if you like. Choose your elements from the list below (you may mix and match elements (example: 1 photomat and 1 box = 1 element)

~~~~Element List ~~~~~
Title/Topper: 1PP letters – 1-1/2 inches minimum, standard 8x2 topper, borders, block or tag, letters on squares or other shapes –these should be double matted or shadowed
Photo Frames: 2PP for a 4 x 6 photo & the Sizzix dies are ok (you need to crop a bit from the photo to use these.) Two layers on the frame would make the photo seem double matted.
Photo Mats: 2PP for a 4 x 6 photo without cropping. Again, two layers as the photo sits on top of these. Please be sure that your embellishment does not infringe upon the placement of the photo.
Journal Box: 2PP at least a 3x3 writing area, triple matted (the writing area is the 3rd layer) and embellished
Tag: 1 PP large tag 4.5-5 inches, 2 pp if smaller, double matted and embellished another way in addition to either ribbon/fiber or eyelet/brad in the hole. May include both....
Border: 1PP 12 inches long double matted and embellished
Embellished squares: 4PP largest mat should be no larger than 2" minimum 2 layers and embellished
Slide Mounts: 2PP be creative here please
Matchbooks: 1 PP if medium size or lager, 2 pp if mini sized, embellished. Please make sure to enclose a blank page in the matchbook.
Library Pocket and Tag: 1PP embellished, no smaller than to hold a 2x3 tag embellished 2 ways that should also have ribbon/fiber or eyelet in the hole
Shaker Box: 1PP be creative please
Paper Piecing: 1PP be creative please (not a single layer diecuts)
License Plate: 1PP be creative please
Signage/Bookmark: 1PP 2x6, double matted and embellished
Song/Lyric/Poem: 1PP, double matted and embellished, print area should be no smaller than 2-1/2 x 2-1/2, can be larger
Altered CD: 1PP be creative please
Altered letter: matted at least 4 inches
Altered Paper Clips: 3 large size ones

Please, no hand lettering on any items. You may use computer fonts, rub-ons, stamps, die cut letters, etc.

Embellished means adding something extra beyond the requirements. You can add an extra layer of paper, metal embellishments, ink, paper tearing, dry or heat embossing, flock, flowers, skittles, ribbon or fibers, matted flat stickers or dimensional stickers, or use stamps. This is not an all inclusive list. I am sure there are other ways of embellishing and I’d love to hear your idea. All elements should be double-matted and embellished some other way unless otherwise noted!! If you don’t know if yours is, ask me.

Packaging: Place your completed elements in a Ziploc bag THAT FITS YOUR ELEMENTS (the bag MUST close) with your DISname, name and group letter. Do not address your items to a particular swapper. (That makes it harder for me to sort!) Your label should look like this

DisneyIsTerrific
Stephanie Sadler
Group A

Take all of your baggies for a group and place them in GALLON size (or larger) bag, and label with the same. Please use the gallon bag (or larger) -- your items may fit in a smaller bag, but the items you receive back might not.
Please include a return address label -- either a USPS priority mail label that you have addressed, or the little ones you would put on envelope. (This cuts down on errors.)

Mailing: You may send to me, by any method you choose unless you are mailing after September 9 [note this is before the mail by date]. Then, you must mail Priority WITH Delivery Confirmation. I prefer to send to you using flat rate boxes/envelopes. Please include enough postage in your package for return shipping. The rates are: Envelope or Small Box (9”x6”x2”) - $4.95, Standard box – $10.35, Large - $13.95. I won’t require Delivery Confirmation, UNLESS you are sending to me AFTER September 9. If you want your items shipped to you with DC, please include the $.70, and a filled out slip. I will not mail the items back with delivery confirmation unless you include the $.70. And I am not responsible to for postal errors.

DO NOT include clik-it/ship-it postage. I will not be able to use it since it is only good on the day it was printed, and from the location it was printed.

Click on the picture below to see the slideshow of elements made for this swap:

June 24 – Verify Groups on progress thread & sent pm with your info
July 15 check-in
August 19 check-in
September 2 check-in
:yay:Mailed
:woohoo:Receivd
popcorn::Mailed Back to you
:goodvibesYou have received

Swappers: BE SURE TO PAY ATTENTION TO HOW MANY TO MAKE FOR YOUR GROUPS. SOME REQUIRE 4 (B, C, G, H, I, J, K, N) AND SOME REQUIRE 3 (A, E, F)

:goodvibes 123SA: F, G, H, I
:goodvibes AWM: B, H, J, K, N[/COLOR]
:goodvibes DisneyBarlans: A, B, E, I, N
:goodvibes DisneyIsTerrific: A, B, E, F, G, I, J, K, N
:goodvibes DownRiverMama: C, J
:goodvibes DuchessTisha - H, I
:goodvibes mla1977: N
:goodvibes PirateTink A, C, E, F, G, H, I, K
:goodvibes PrincessNancy96: B, C, J, K
:goodvibes Queenie: G
:goodvibes Wall*e2008: C

A. Discovery Island - MAKE 3
1. Tree of Life - DisneyIsTerrific
2. It’s Tough to Be a Bug - DisneyBarlans
3. Discovery Island Trails - Pirate Tink

B. Camp Minnie-Mickey - MAKE 4
1. Festival of the Lion King - DisneyBarlans
2. Pocahontas and her Forest Friends - DisneyIsTerrific
3. Greeting Trails- AlexWyattMommy
4. Pizzafari - PrincessNancy96

C. Africa - MAKE 4
1. Harambe Village - PrincessNancy96
2. Kilimanjaro Safari - Downrivermama
3. Pangani Forest Exploration Trail - PirateTink
4. Tusker House - Wall*e2008

E. Asia - MAKE 3
1. Flights of Wonder - DisneyIsTerrific
3. Expedition Everest – Legend of the Forbidden Mountain - Pirate Tink
4. Maharajah Jungle Trek - Disney Barlans

F. DinoLand U.S.A. - MAKE 3
1. The Boneyard - PirateTink
2. Cretaceous Trail - DisneyIsTerrific
3. DINOSAUR - 123SA

G. DinoLand Continued - MAKE 4
1. Finding Nemo – the Musical - DisneyIsTerrific
2. Primeval Whirl - 123SA
3. Tricera Top Spin - PirateTink
4. Chester and Hester’s Dino-O-Rama - Queenie

H. Lands - MAKE 4
1. Animal Kingdom - 123SA
2. Oasis - AlexWyattMommy
3. Discovery Island - DuchessTisha
4. Camp Minnie-Mickey-PirateTink

I. Lands #2 - MAKE 4
1. Africa - 123SA
2. Rafiki’s Planet Watch - DuchessTisha
3. Asia - PirateTink
4. DinoLand U.S.A. - DisneyBarlans

J. Animals - MAKE 4
1. Gorillas - DisneyIsTerrific
2. Tigers - AlexWyattMommy
3. Giraffes - Downrivermama
4. Elephants - PrincessNancy96

K. Animals #2 - MAKE 4
1. Affection Section (Rafiki's Planet Watch) - PirateTink
2. DeVine - AlexWyattMommy
3. Komodo Dragon - DisneyIsTerrific
4. Bats - PrincessNancy96

N. Characters #3 - MAKE 4
1. Chip & Dale - DisneyBarlans
2. Pocohantas - mla1977
3. Flik & Princess Atta- AlexWyattMommy
4. Safari Mickey - DisneyisTerrific

Would anyone like to be my sign up buddy?

I will be at WDW when sign ups start?

I'm hoping to join some groups. The later dates helps. I'm interested in the pages.

Susie - -depending on the time of day, I could be your buddy.

Stephanie, did you have a time in mind?

DIT~ As much as I want to participate there is so much going on at my house that I can't commit...but if you need an angel... mark me down.. I can work under pressure if the need arises!!! :) Thanks!!

DIT~ my Ak book is complete so I wont be playing this time. But I will be watching to see what you all are doing!:)

I'm interested in many of the elements groups. Lots of pix from this past January & will be going again next Jan. September is a great due date for me too.

Thanks! I'll be looking for the sign ups.

I'm hoping to join some groups. The later dates helps. I'm interested in the pages.

Susie - -depending on the time of day, I could be your buddy.

Stephanie, did you have a time in mind?

Susan, I'll open sign-ups around 8:00 a.m.

I'm going to sign up a few spots at first and then I'll try to fill in as necessary.

I can totally vouch for PN96's ability to produce amazing items under pressure. :love:

It looks like a good set-up and the timeline is good. I will have to look and see if I need anything else- I did most of my AK album last summer.

Rebecca

Phooey! 8:00 am I'll be on my way to work (well, I should, but I'll probably be in the shower ;) ). I have my first trip almost done, but there are still two trips to scrap and I'm *sure* I'll be going back again!

Thanks for bumping this up. I like your groups, I'm hoping to sign up on a couple of them. I also will be on vacation during sign ups. I don't know if I want to burden anyone to sign up for me. We'll see. If anyone wants to help me, that would be great. If not, it's totally cool too.

I LIVE AK! It's my favorite park & I've been waiting for this swap. Though I have been wanting to settle down with doing these swaps so I can organize my craft room & actually scrapbook.
I will be hosting ATC swaps, but that's pretty much it. Thanks a bunch!

If anyone will not be around at sign-ups (8 a.m. 6/19), then you can go ahead and send me a pm with your choices and I'll get you added in.

Here is my first newbie question:

I'm looking at the one and two page layouts and you have them listed in groups:
A. Discovery Island
B. Camp Minnie/Mickey, etc.

So when someone wants to sign up do you sign up for all of group A (Tree of Life, Tough to be a Bug, etc. and make 4 pages? Or do you sign up for A1 - C3, etc and make separate pages for each?

Thanks.

Hi Meg! When you are signing up, you choose one topic in a group and make 4 of that page. So let's say you are signing up for Group A -Discovery Island. You would choose A1 - Tree of Life. So when the group is full, it would look like this:

A. Discovery Island
1. Tree of Life - Meg B
2. It's Tough to Be a Bug - 123SA
3. Discovery Island Trails - rlovew
4. Flame Tree Barbecue - AWM

Everyone in that group will make 4 of their pages and when I swap out and mail back to you, you will get 1 of each of those 4 pages.

Does that make sense?

Makes perfect sense, I thought so, but just wanted to make sure before signing up for my first swap on Friday.

Is there anyway that you can change kangaroos to bats - I would love to do Bats.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter