Animators Palate on Fantasy

ToyStory3

DIS Veteran
I've only ever been on the Magic but we are going on the Fantasy this fall. I LOVE the shows in AP - they were highlights for me on our Magic cruise. I know that Crush is on the Dream Class ships but how else is AP different from the Magic? Does it go from black and white to color throughout the evening, as well? Thanks!

I've only ever been on the Magic but we are going on the Fantasy this fall. I LOVE the shows in AP - they were highlights for me on our Magic cruise. I know that Crush is on the Dream Class ships but how else is AP different from the Magic? Does it go from black and white to color throughout the evening, as well? Thanks!

No. The Black and White to Color is only on the Classics.

Love Animators on the Magic and Wonder. Don't really care for it on the Fantasy. The first night is Crush and it is very loud!! And only a few people get in interact with Crush.
The second night is when you do the drawing and it shows up on the screen. I feel it's a lot of fuss for your drawings to show up for just a few moments. Also because of this there is a shorter menu so the servers have time to collect all the drawings.
Most people love Animator's but not my favorite.

I think I liked the Fantasy a smidgen better. Crush was ok but to see my kids (and DH and I's) drawings come to life on the second night and dance around the screens in the room was pretty cool!

The style of the restaurant is completely different on the two ships. The elegant animation style of the Magic & the gradual change from b&w to color is not to be found on the Fantasy. The Fantasy's AP has a bright, colorful interior with huge tv-style screens around. It's pretty, but has a bit of a plastic feel & seems like a kid restaurant. The Fantasy's Drawn to Magic show is really cool, though.

Last edited:
The style of the restaurant is completely different on the two ships. The elegant animation style of the Magic & the gradual change from b&w to color is not to be found on the Fantasy. The Fantasy's AP has a bright, colorful interior with huge tv-style screens around. It's pretty, but has a bit of a plastic feel & seems like a kid restaurant. The Fantasy's Drawn to Magic show is really cool, though.
Well, the Magic also has the Drawn to the Magic show - on 7 night and longer cruises.

I was disappointed when I first cruised on the Fantasy b/c i expected the room to change from black & white to color. But I did like the animated drawings--and it seems they revamped the animated show from when we first experienced it. Now I'm excited to see AP on the Magic in a couple of weeks to how they compare.

Let us not forget that on the Fantasy the tables are much closer together! However, the chairs are more comfortable. Although I have not been on the Magic since it was reimagined...I plan to correct that this next year. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter