Anniversary at WDW

seagodess

DIS Veteran
I am planning a surprise 10 year anniversary trip to WDW in March 2015. It will be the first WDW trip for both DH and me. Other than doing regular park attractions, is there anything special we should do to celebrate our anniversary while there? Neither of us are fans of fancy restaurants, so that is out.

I am having a cake delivered to our room as a surprise - it's a mini wedding cake & they are very cute.

Sitting on the Polly beach watching the fireworks is romantic. Ohana is not a fancy place to eat and would be nice before the fireworks. The wishes desert party is not fancy and might be enjoyable to you (over priced and not a great view IMHO though). Horse back riding might be fun as well. Mini golfing is always a good date type thing. Staying at the AKL and being on a balcony overlooking the animals is amazing. cirque du soleil has a show at DTD and is really spectacular. House of Blues is right next door and a good place to see some music. There is also bowling at Splitsville too. The Boardwalk has a dueling piano bar that is fun.

What are you looking for? Just something different and fun, or romantic? :confused3

We went for our 10th. Some of the special things we did (excluding dining) were catching a performance of La Nouba and renting a boat for an afternoon and spending time together touring the waterways at WDW.

We are celebrating our 10th anniversary this December and we've lined up a great number of special things. Excluding fancy food, we are staying club level at AKL through which we are doing the Sunrise Safari. We also are doing an Illuminations Cruise one night and plan to get champagne to enjoy on the boat as we watch the fireworks.

I am having a cake delivered to our room as a surprise - it's a mini wedding cake & they are very cute.
Love this. Where did you get it from?

Sitting on the Polly beach watching the fireworks is romantic. Ohana is not a fancy place to eat and would be nice before the fireworks. The wishes desert party is not fancy and might be enjoyable to you (over priced and not a great view IMHO though). Horse back riding might be fun as well. Mini golfing is always a good date type thing. Staying at the AKL and being on a balcony overlooking the animals is amazing. cirque du soleil has a show at DTD and is really spectacular. House of Blues is right next door and a good place to see some music. There is also bowling at Splitsville too. The Boardwalk has a dueling piano bar that is fun.

What are you looking for? Just something different and fun, or romantic?
Great suggestions. I'm looking for all of the above. I love the horse back riding idea. DH has never been. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to stay at AKL, however from what I've seen its way out of our budget.

Love this. Where did you get it from?

Great suggestions. I'm looking for all of the above. I love the horse back riding idea. DH has never been. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to stay at AKL, however from what I've seen its way out of our budget.

I am staying at the Grand Floridian & ordered from the cake hotline. There is a huge thread about cakes in the dining section, it's wonderful. You can really customize if you are willing to spend the money. I am ordering a 2nd mini wedding cake for my 10 yr old daughter - yellow with red roses to look like Belle.

Horse carriage ride at Port Orleans!!! That's how my husband proposed and it was very relaxing, calm, and romantic!!!

We are going in October to celebrate our 10th anniversary. The mini wedding cake sounds great! Can you tell me where I can get one? Thanks! :)

We are going in October to celebrate our 10th anniversary. The mini wedding cake sounds great! Can you tell me where I can get one? Thanks! :)

Where are you staying? There are different numbers for each resort. GF & Poly are the same. Our mini cake is $35 & I ordered from the cake hotline. If you search dining for cakes a big thread will come up with all the info & lots of great pics.

We went for our tenth in October 4yrs ago:) My hubby called the Disney florist, and they sprinkled a trail of rose petals to the bed and put some in the shape of a heart on the bed. He placed a gift for me inside the heart:) It was beautiful!

I'm not sure... I know he did. It was really nice. You follow the paths around the resort and go along by the river.

Here is some info that I found:

Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
A relaxing and cozy 25 -minute carriage ride through Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground.

$45.00 for 25 minutes (includes tax)
Tickets are sold by the carriage drivers
Cash and Disney Resort guest room charge only. No credit cards are accepted
Small carriage holds 2 adults and 1 small child.
Large carriage holds 4 adults or 2 adults and 3 small children.
Reservations nightly (weather permitting)
Begins at 6:00 pm with the last ride departing at 9:30pm
Departs from Crockett’s Tavern at Pioneer Hall.
Beverages are permitted
Advance reservations can be made up to 180 days ahead by calling 407-WDW-PLAY. A $45 fee for no-shows or cancellations with less than 24 hours notice will apply. Walk-ups may be available.
Carriage Rides may be cancelled due to weather problems.

Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside Resort

A relaxing and cozy 25 -minute carriage ride through Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside Resort

$45.00 for 25 minutes (includes tax)
Tickets are sold by the carriage drivers
Cash and Disney Resort guest room charge only. No credit cards are accepted
Large carriage holds 4 adults or 2 adults and 3 small children.
Reservations nightly (weather permitting)
Begins at 6:00 pm with the last ride departing at 9:30pm
Departs from in front of the Boatwright's Dining Hall
Beverages are permitted

Advance reservations can be made up to 180 days ahead by calling 407-WDW-PLAY. A $45 fee for no-shows or cancellations with less than 24 hours notice will apply. Walk-ups may be available.
Carriage Rides may be cancelled due to weather problems.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter