Anniversary cake!

kanadar

2015 Disbride!
Hey all! I know there is a thread somewhere about this, but I had trouble finding it (I may just be blind). We will be at Disney a little less than a month after our 1 year anniversary. We were unable to enjoy the top tier of our wedding cake, and I thought it would be fun to order an anniversary cake. How do I go about doing this?

We are running the wine and dine half marathon, so I haven't decided when I want to order the cake yet. But I may do towards the beginning of our trip so there is time for us to enjoy it. We are staying at the Polynesian so I would most likely have it delivered there. The only other place I would possibly have it delivered would be Yachtsman's but it's only 2 days before we leave so I dunno. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I'd probably order it to the room to enjoy throughout your trip but I had a great experience with delivery to Yatchman's (except for the words on the plate, but I should have included the inscription in my email instead of relying on having said it over the phone)

Thank you for the link! I knew it was somewhere but couldn't find it! Yeah I'm leaning more towards delivery to the room.

The only reason I would say order it from the restaurant is if you have Tables in Wonderland, because then the discount will apply on the cake. We ordered our 6-inch cake delivered to Narcoossee's, but we were so stuffed we couldn't touch it. It took 3 days for us to finish it off! Otherwise for you though it seems ordering to the room will work best.

One thing to know about using Tables in Wonderland on a cake is that then an automatic 18% gratuity is added to the cake, and if you're ordering a fancy, $100+ cake, that can be a lot of money. However, you can request to have a manager reduce the gratuity manually—it can just be a bit awkward.

We were staying at Port Orleans so I just called them (using the contact information in the post above) and told them I'd had a Disney wedding and wanted a cake to match the one I had. I picked it up right at the food court at Riverside as soon as we checked in, and then we enjoyed the cake throughout our entire stay.

Attachments

• IMG_1510.JPG
    IMG_1510.JPG
    81.4 KB · Views: 14
  • Lauras wedding 605 (2).JPG
    Lauras wedding 605 (2).JPG
    75.1 KB · Views: 15

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter