Anniversary Cruise four months after Anniversary

tigerfansga

Mouseketeer
So we are booked our cruise for our 30th wedding anniversary for September because of scheduling issues and our anniversary is actually in May. I’m not even sure what “special” things DCL does for anniversaries, would they care it our cruise is so late?

If it’s in your reservation, they will celebrate it. First night on our last cruise.

We went on our honeymoon 2.5 years after we were married and notated it on our booking. You're doing good being 4 months off lol!

We were celebrating our 40th onboard last week and our anniversary is in September. No one cares when your anniversary date is. We actually just celebrated on our own. I didn't mention it to DCL but we did celebrate my birthday (which was the day before we boarded) at Palo and they made me this.403596

So we are booked our cruise for our 30th wedding anniversary for September because of scheduling issues and our anniversary is actually in May. I’m not even sure what “special” things DCL does for anniversaries, would they care it our cruise is so late?

When they ask if you are celebrating anything, they don’t ask for specific dates. You can tell them anything, and they’ll simply notate the account verbatim.

In other words, they don’t care. But set your expectations accordingly in terms of what they’ll do for you.

The only time I’ve seen Disney really require verification of a personal “celebration” is when they used to let you into a theme park for free on your birthday - i.e., when the “perk” actually translated into a hard-dollar amount of some substance, and could easily be abused by everyone claiming it was their “birthday”.

I don’t think they offer that anymore, but when they did, you had to bring a birth certificate with you.

Last edited:

Just let any staff know about your Anniversary. They won't care about the exact date and they will surely prepare something for you guys. Enjoy!

When they ask if you are celebrating anything, they don’t ask for specific dates. You can tell them anything, and they’ll simply notate the account verbatim.

In other words, they don’t care. But set your expectations accordingly in terms of what they’ll do for you.

The only time I’ve seen Disney really require verification of a personal “celebration” is when they used to let you into a theme park for free on your birthday - i.e., when the “perk” actually translated into a hard-dollar amount of some substance, and could easily be abused by everyone claiming it was their “birthday”.

I don’t think they offer that anymore, but when they did, you had to bring a birth certificate with you.

I certainly wasn’t expecting anything of significant monetary value. Thanks.

We celebrated my b-day at Disneyland and when I asked for a b-day button at Town Hall I confessed my b-day wasn't for two more days. The cast member handed me the button and said, "Happy Un-birthday to you."

Have a happy un-anniversary.

We celebrated my b-day at Disneyland and when I asked for a b-day button at Town Hall I confessed my b-day wasn't for two more days. The cast member handed me the button and said, "Happy Un-birthday to you."

Have a happy un-anniversary.

You scoundrel trying to get your birthday button two days early. 😂😂

I had originally booked the first Alaskan cruise to celebrate a milestone birthday one month after my actual birthday, but for reasons of a Canadian resident discount, moved the cruise to September, a month before my anniversary, so now we’ll be celebrating both my birthday and anniversary. 😂

But set your expectations accordingly in terms of what they’ll do for you.

Good point.

That was during their two years of “year of a million dreams.” Though it might have only been one year with that particular promo.

And yep you had to prove it. Both my son and I got to go during that promo, and for his bday we brought BC (for me it was drivers license). Though we had APs that year, so for that circumstance they gave a gift certificate in the amount of a one day ticket. It was a terrific promo.

our anniversary is in november but couldnt celebrate it until may. Its the only month we had the time. Disney didnt have to know date, just that we are celebrating

We did many adults only activities ( lounges, adult pools,) and also pampering: massages, Rainforest and Serenity Bay!
Enjoy

Circa 2008-2009, yes?
Yes, DD19 went on her 9th birthday in 2009 and got a gift card for the amount as we already had park tix. I remember trying to get her to spend it on a princess dress as we'd never spend that much money on a dress...but she preferred getting lots of cheaper toys instead. It was a great promo!

We are celebrating our 30th anniversary 3 weeks early on our upcoming cruise and our Pastor's parents are celebrating their 40th on the same cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter