Anniversary trip- does my itenerary make sense?

DisneyFan1005

Earning My Ears
16 days left to go and I'm wondering if my plans leave room for a relaxed trip... Please review, critique and suggest away... thank you!!

(I have a 4 day park hopper and the Disney Dining Plan)

Day 1- check in at 3pm (Art of Animation)... pool bar/ go to Disney Springs for dinner or stay in resort?

Day 2- (anniversary day) MK in the morning, Senses Spa 3:30 (GF), 7:30 California Grill.. do I go back to MK for extra magic hours after dinner?

Day 3- sleep in/pool/resort/ HS at night- Boardwalk for drinks after HS closes

Day 4- sleep in/pool resort Epcot at night - FP for Soaring/ dinner at La Hacienda (Mexico)

Day 5- Disney Springs during the day/ lunch at Homecoming/ MK at night / dinner at BOG

I literally start my days at the park after 4-5pm for almost every day... is this a good idea versus waking up at the crack of dawn to do parks and take a mid day break? I've been to WDW resort 2 times before and I'm looking to relax a lot more this time around.

All opinions and suggestions are greatly appreciated.. thanks !

The mornings are the prime time to get all of your rides out of the way and done with. If you are not interested in the ride aspect of Disney, then your plan sounds like it will work out perfectly for you. You can always swap the plans around and do the parks during the day and all of your relaxing in the evening, because the evenings are busier at WDW.

I managed to book all my fave rides for fast passes for every night I'll be in the parks. Do you think I should stick to my plan or completely switch out my relaxed days and park nights to the other way around ?

I did a 10 year anniversary surprise trip (told him Wednesday that we were leaving Saturday at 6am) and it was so much fun! I am not a morning person but I agree with czechplz that being there early works better for me. By noon or early afternoon I find the parks get crowded. That being said, if you like evenings-go for it! I prefer the early in, mid-day relax, back out for the evening style, but whatever works for you.
Which dining plan did you go with? I did the standard, and we loved Ohana, as well as a before rope-drop dining reservation for Be Our Guest breakfast.

I went with the Disney Dining Plan. I'd rather get up early and do parks and relax in the pm... but all my Disney trips have been like that and I end up exhausted by 5pm... I promised the Bf this trip was going to be relaxing so I figured doing it the other way around would work for this time .. thanks for all your advice !

Sounds like a great plan! I made similar plans with my husband last time I was there but ended up changing my plans on some days. I say stick with this and when you get there modify as you feel fit. The whole point is to spend time together relax and enjoy yourself. I love Cali Grill for our anniversary. I had warned them in advance and they decorated the table with confetti and got free champagne. The view was spectacular and the flat breads and pork dishes were to die for. We also were planning on going to MK that night and ended up just going back to the room as we were too tired.

Wow! It sounds like we planned the same vacation ... thank you... that's my hope that if I need to change my plans around I'll be able to do it without any stress.

I did a 10 year anniversary surprise trip (told him Wednesday that we were leaving Saturday at 6am) and it was so much fun! I am not a morning person but I agree with czechplz that being there early works better for me. By noon or early afternoon I find the parks get crowded. That being said, if you like evenings-go for it! I prefer the early in, mid-day relax, back out for the evening style, but whatever works for you.
Which dining plan did you go with? I did the standard, and we loved Ohana, as well as a before rope-drop dining reservation for Be Our Guest breakfast.

Sounds like fun..this is actually an idea that i might end up copying. But my husband hates suprises..unless they are super good, but this one sounds super good, so its def worth the risk.

Sounds like fun..this is actually an idea that i might end up copying. But my husband hates suprises..unless they are super good, but this one sounds super good, so its def worth the risk.
It was totally worth it. I managed to talk him into taking the weekend off a few months before. That Wednesday he let me know he was worried that the "weekend" trip would be lame. Apparently, I hid my excitement too well. Oops! I don't think you'd regret it. It was so much fun. I highly recommend it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter