Annoyed at VGF

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmtravel

Mouseketeer
Arrived around 8 pm last night, 3 of us in a std view studio. Quickly realized something was weird - only one bathroom, no tub - sure enough, they put us in a handicapped room. Disappointed because the split bathroom would have been great for getting ready in the AM, but it was late and we really just wanted to get the vacation started and catch the water parade and fireworks, not wait for someone to figure out whether they had another room for us. View is nice - we see the GF, the pool and the monorail. Zero storage (no drawers), so my clothes are in two extra kitchen cabinets and DH and DS will be living out of their suitcases. Only one chair at the table. And the stupid mirror TV doesn't work, keeps telling me to run a channel scan, then shuts down. Now I am up early and kind of fuming. I feel like because we checked in late, they gave us the leftover room nobody wanted. I gave up an AKV Value studio at 7 months and spent more points than I wanted to on this room as a splurge and now I feel kind of ripped off. But it's a short break, only until Wednesday, so I don't want to hassle my family or waste one minute of our precious time here. Any ideas/thoughts/words of wisdom?

Other than the storage issue, your experience can happen at all resorts. IMO you are correct, the later that you check in, the greater the chance of your originally assigned room being given to someone else.

I would report the TV issue to the front desk. Someone's poor decision that will cost owners.

:earsboy: Bill

What does it cost you to go talk to the front desk? Basically nothing, maybe 10 minutes of your time. I would certainly to explain your disappointment, after what was a splurge for you and some excitement to stay there. It doesn't hurt to see what they will do to make it right.

What does it cost you to go talk to the front desk? Basically nothing, maybe 10 minutes of your time. I would certainly to explain your disappointment, after what was a splurge for you and some excitement to stay there. It doesn't hurt to see what they will do to make it right.

I don't understand, make what right? Room requests are just requests and the way that rooms are assigned and booked, someone will get that room. Yes, the OP can try to get a different room and if successful they will probably be charged for a cleaning. I wouldn't care for an HC room either but that's the system that we live with.

regardless of whether you like the room, the TV should work. I would call and get that fix ASAP. Such things like that just tick me off.

I checked into BWV on Mar. 16 at 11 AM. Of course, the room wasn't ready. We didn't get a room ready text so I called from Epcot at 5 and got the room assignment. We got an ADA accessible room. I asked to change rooms but nothing else was available. We were only there for 2 nights so it wasn't that big a deal but it would've been a problem for an extended stay due to storage issues and no bath tub.

Arrived around 8 pm last night, 3 of us in a std view studio. Quickly realized something was weird - only one bathroom, no tub - sure enough, they put us in a handicapped room. Disappointed because the split bathroom would have been great for getting ready in the AM, but it was late and we really just wanted to get the vacation started and catch the water parade and fireworks, not wait for someone to figure out whether they had another room for us. View is nice - we see the GF, the pool and the monorail. Zero storage (no drawers), so my clothes are in two extra kitchen cabinets and DH and DS will be living out of their suitcases. Only one chair at the table. And the stupid mirror TV doesn't work, keeps telling me to run a channel scan, then shuts down. Now I am up early and kind of fuming. I feel like because we checked in late, they gave us the leftover room nobody wanted. I gave up an AKV Value studio at 7 months and spent more points than I wanted to on this room as a splurge and now I feel kind of ripped off. But it's a short break, only until Wednesday, so I don't want to hassle my family or waste one minute of our precious time here. Any ideas/thoughts/words of wisdom?
My only requests are usually non HC room and if we have more than one villa, that they be close together. For OKW or SSR I'll also add a location request being clear it's the third priority. However, I also realize they have to use the rooms and that someone has to get the HC unit if the resort is full. I do believe checking in late is a risk for this situation. I think the proper approach is to either just enjoy it or go ask and be willing to pay the room change fee.

Zero storage (no drawers), so my clothes are in two extra kitchen cabinets and DH and DS will be living out of their suitcases.

Normally the VGF studios have drawers underneath the bed for storage, plus space underneath the bed for storing luggage. Do the HA studios not have them?

Normally the VGF studios have drawers underneath the bed for storage, plus space underneath the bed for storing luggage. Do the HA studios not have them?

Zero storage. ZERO. Not under the bed. Not anywhere.

And there is nowhere to request a non HA room at check-in.

Someone apparently came to fix the TV. Is. Not. Fixed. Furious.

Zero storage. ZERO. Not under the bed. Not anywhere.

And there is nowhere to request a non HA room at check-in.

Someone apparently came to fix the TV. Is. Not. Fixed. Furious.

It is suggested that room requests be sent to MS via the contact form on the member website.

The Mirror TV's do not display the DirecTV listing that same way as other TV's in the room. I have reported the issue to GF management and DVC Member Satisfaction. I suggest that you do the same.
dvcmembersatisfactionteam@disneyvacationclub.com

I am sorry you are experiencing a less than magical start to your holiday.

This past March Break(spring Break) trip I did take the time to check with the front desk upon arrival as to was I getting a HA room assignment again?
Yes I was and this time I said "ah I am flexible and easy going BUT this is the 5th year in a row I have been given a HA room and I am a bath tub kind of girl!"
So with a bit of a wait and some rearranging I was "Magically" changed to a new Non HA room.OKW
Apparently requesting ground floor increases my chance of getting a HA room so I will not be requesting that anymore.
I would check at the front desk (ask to speak to a manager) and discuss your concerns.

PS
I have been successful requesting extra luggage stands(racks).
Also see if you can request a chair.

Hugs to you
Mel

Apparently requesting ground floor increases my chance of getting a HA room so I will not be requesting that anymore.

Yes, this is true at OKW, as all the HA units have to be on the first floor because the resort does not have elevators except in bldgs 62, 63 and 64. At OKW, if you need the 1 st floor because of a mobility issue , be sure to request it as such...but again, be aware that it greatly increases your chances for a HA unit. I usually request 2nd floor. But also at OKW, it is only the HA studios that have no tub, if you reserve a one bedroom, you will get both the jacuzzi tub and a stall shower. HA one bedrooms will have the jacuzzi tub and a roll in shower.

So with a bit of a wait and some rearranging I was "Magically" changed to a new Non HA room.
Hugs to you
Mel

And someone else like the OP got the HA room that you were assigned, checking in later in the day increases the possibility that the room that you end up with may have been assigned to several people throughout the day.

So does anyone know how many of the studios are HA? Also, how early can we check in? I mean, we are arriving the day before our reservation begins and had planned a park stop that am but may reconsider b/c a HA studio wouldn't work for our family of 5.

Just curious if we know how many HA studios are at VGF? This room, if no storage, would be difficult for our family of 5.

This past March Break(spring Break) trip I did take the time to check with the front desk upon arrival as to was I getting a HA room assignment again?
Yes I was

At least you were told the truth. I asked at the front desk whether the room was HA, and was told it wasn't. Then I got to my room-it was! Then the front desk tried to tell me that they had no idea which rooms were HA or not. Hello! What if someone shows up who needs HA? I've found the only "solution" is to know beforehand which are the HA rooms. That way when they give you a room #, you know right away if it's HA, and can ask for a switch.
Anyways, the TV not working right is inexcusable. And no storage? What a PITA that must be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter