Annoyed with aspect of Fastpass

binkee12

Mouseketeer
I'm paying when I consider a lot of money to have the "liberty" to park hop. I'm annoyed that I can't book fast passes 60 days out for a park I know I'm going to be at in the afternoon after booking one in the morning at a different park. Park Hoppers are not cheap and I feel like Disney should give us the flexibility to make our 60 day out fast passes wherever we would like them. Is there a reason they don't?

I'm paying when I consider a lot of money to have the "liberty" to park hop. I'm annoyed that I can't book fast passes 60 days out for a park I know I'm going to be at in the afternoon after booking one in the morning at a different park. Park Hoppers are not cheap and I feel like Disney should give us the flexibility to make our 60 day out fast passes wherever we would like them. Is there a reason they don't?
It’s how the FP system is set up for the initial 3 FPs. It’s probably set up that way to deter people from booking primo FPs in each park when they have no intention of going to all 3 parks - similar to the guests who book 2 or more dinner reservations for the same night. They have no intention of using at least 1 of those reservations.

You can hold FPs in more than one park on the ‘day of’ your park visit. The steps are explained in the FP FAQ ADDENDUM Sticky at the top of the forum.

Because then people would be booking six FPs a day ahead of time and there aren't enough FPs to do that. Three of the parks are tiered for the same reason.

ETA: Sorry, just saw you wanted to break them up. Yeah, that would defeat the tiering. It would be nice though!

Last edited:

The way they could make it work would be to tier MK...and then only allow you to pick one tier 1 ride no matter the park...but I think this would make more people unhappy...it would mean you couldn't get FP for Peter Pan and the 7 Dwarves in the same day. I am hopeful that once the new rides in HS and EPCOT are built that the tier system will go away as there will be plenty of options for people (or they will allow 2 tier 1 picks).

I get the frustration, especially if it is a HS day...it really is now a half day park...the perfect tour would be to hit it in the morning and EPCOT at night.

Most guests don't park hop, so it isn't worth the cost of redesigning the software.

The way they could make it work would be to tier MK...and then only allow you to pick one tier 1 ride no matter the park...but I think this would make more people unhappy...it would mean you couldn't get FP for Peter Pan and the 7 Dwarves in the same day. I am hopeful that once the new rides in HS and EPCOT are built that the tier system will go away as there will be plenty of options for people (or they will allow 2 tier 1 picks).

I get the frustration, especially if it is a HS day...it really is now a half day park...the perfect tour would be to hit it in the morning and EPCOT at night.

Most guests don't park hop, so it isn't worth the cost of redesigning the software.
I don't think the issue is software. I think the issue is the limited number of tier 1 FP choices in the non-MK parks. I get that they added Pandora and are working on adding more in DHS. But I still think the choice is a little scant. A similar system would work at DLR. Because both of their parks have an ample number of headliner attractions.

If they allowed you to pick multiple parks in one day right off the bat, people would pick 7DMT in MK, Frozen in Epcot and FOP in AK and then probably not make it to more than one given the time it takes to park hop and people's general indecisiveness. It's a way to cut down on no-shows and people blowing off their selected FPs – as well as a way to ensure there are enough in a given park for as many people as possible.

If you were limited to 1 Tier one between all the parks you book at (consider SDMT/PP Tier 1) would you still find this change you are suggesting valuable?

I for one am thankful that MK does NOT have tiers. This trip I have four days with FP in MK. I have four Peter Pan, two Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, two Space Mountain, two Haunted Mansion, one Big Thunder Mountain, one Winnie the Pooh. I also have departure day with only a Splash Mountain FP and a plan to ride only Splash Mountain about five times then leave town. But how many of twelve would be tier one? My guess is probably eleven of them.

I think they could work it by allowing you to pick 3 total Fast Passes with only 1 from the First Tier between the 4 parks.

I think they could work it by allowing you to pick 3 total Fast Passes with only 1 from the First Tier between the 4 parks.
Sure they could. But is that what people want when they say they want to schedule in more than one park? Are you really going to hop for Nemo?

I sent Disney an email explaining my displeasure with exactly this last year. In response they gave me 3 anytime FPs to use so I could spread out my FPs over 3 parks (we had a 1-day hopper and were going to DHS, EP, & AK in one day).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter