Annoyed with my work's charity group...just a moan!!

Girlsontour

DIS Veteran
Brought back a HP wand and donated to my works charity group for them to raffle off. Whatever they raise the company matches...so out of my pocket i paid $33 and thought that they could perhaps raise £30-£40, double it thats £80 which would go to Macmillan Nurses.

Went to Ollivanders one morning and bought all the wands that i needed getting all individual plastic carrier bags for each one!

Gave it to the charity group yesterday and this morning received an email off them basically saying that they thought the wand was a fake because "someone" thought the box was for an Elder wand and there was no certificate of authenticity!!!!!!

Wow, I was very mad ...i got the wand back, told them exactly what i thought and have now hopefully sold it to a friend on Facebook. I am donating the money to Dreamflight (who we had the pleasure of meeting at Seaworld last week).

Feel much better now i have had a rant:rotfl2:

Wow - how rude of them :eek:

I work closely with the local branch of a nationwide charity - Afghan Heros - and we are always grateful for any donation that will help put money where it is needed.
You did right to have your say and take the gift back. I hope the money was better recieved by someone more deserving

Wow - how rude of them :eek:

I work closely with the local branch of a nationwide charity - Afghan Heros - and we are always grateful for any donation that will help put money where it is needed.
You did right to have your say and take the gift back. I hope the money was better recieved by someone more deserving

I totally agree, how very rude, thank goodness you managed to sell it and give the money to another worthy charity ::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter