Annual Pass Change To Florida Resident?

KCervasio

Mouseketeer
Hi! We are moving to Florida in August and wanting to obviously purchase Florida resident passes! I know that we either need to show proof in order to purchase and I don’t know how long it will take for me to provide that proof since while we are house hunting we will be staying at our family’s house who are local. Is it possibility to buy the regular APs and then once I have either a rental agreement or license change to show Disney I can then change to Florida resident? What is our best course of action? Can I show my husbands proof of employment in order to qualify? Thanks!

Is it possibility to buy the regular APs and then once I have either a rental agreement or license change to show Disney I can then change to Florida resident?
Nope.

As suggested the Driver's License should work. My kids were able to get theirs with a Florida Bank account with our Florida address. They just took their statements with them to activate.

As suggested the Driver's License should work. My kids were able to get theirs with a Florida Bank account with our Florida address. They just took their statements with them to activate.

Same for us we are property owners In two states and our job requires us to have a NYS license so I just provided the bank statenment and mortgage payment slips/utilities.

It sounds like the issue is that they will be living at a temporary address when they first move and they may not want to get the license until they have a permanent address. There isn’t really anything they can do but wait until they have the proper documentation to get the resident pass, or get the license with the temp address and then update the address when they get settled.

I'm currently living with my parents in SC but I'm planning on moving to FL with my family towards the end of the year. I'm moving into a rental apartment which includes all utilities in the monthly rental, so I won't have any mortgage or utility bills to show for it. I also don't drive so I won't have a vehicle. What I will have, unfortunately, are credit card bills. According to the Disney website, "mail from financial institutions, including checking, savings or investment account statements", are acceptable proof. This list does not include credit card statements. Does anyone have experience with using credit card statements to prove FL residency?

Secondly, it seems like a good strategy here is to purchase discounted tickets (from UT or other websites) and then apply the value towards an upgrade to an AP. Do I understand that correctly? If so, do the tickets have to align, or am I best off purchasing whichever tickets offer the biggest discount? Meaning, can I exchange 2 9-day tickets for 3 APs, or would I need to purchase 3 tickets of some sort in exchange for 3 APs?

Thanks!!

-it seems like a good strategy here is to purchase discounted tickets (from UT or other websites) and then apply the value towards an upgrade to an AP.
1. Do I understand that correctly?
2. If so, do the tickets have to align, or am I best off purchasing whichever tickets offer the biggest discount?
Meaning, can I exchange 2 9-day tickets for 3 APs,
3. or would I need to purchase 3 tickets of some sort in exchange for 3 APs?
1. Yes. That's a popular way to save on an AP purchase.
2. You can purchase any KIND of discounted theme park ticket
(X number of days... Hopper, or not... Hopper PLUS, or not) just as long as that ticket's full Disney price is less than or equal to the price of the desired AP.
3. Upgrades are strictly ONE-to-ONE. (Can't combine more than one ticket to do an upgrade to another ticket or AP.)

I'm currently living with my parents in SC but I'm planning on moving to FL with my family towards the end of the year. I'm moving into a rental apartment which includes all utilities in the monthly rental, so I won't have any mortgage or utility bills to show for it. I also don't drive so I won't have a vehicle. What I will have, unfortunately, are credit card bills. According to the Disney website, "mail from financial institutions, including checking, savings or investment account statements", are acceptable proof. This list does not include credit card statements. Does anyone have experience with using credit card statements to prove FL residency?

Secondly, it seems like a good strategy here is to purchase discounted tickets (from UT or other websites) and then apply the value towards an upgrade to an AP. Do I understand that correctly? If so, do the tickets have to align, or am I best off purchasing whichever tickets offer the biggest discount? Meaning, can I exchange 2 9-day tickets for 3 APs, or would I need to purchase 3 tickets of some sort in exchange for 3 APs?

Thanks!!

1. You would have the rental/lease agreement with payment info.
2. Get a Florida ID card, which, even if you don't drive, would be useful.

Yes, you can upgrade your tickets into an AP, but know the rules for that.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/tickets/magic-your-way-ticket-upgrade/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter