Annual pass discount on food

MDH

The Dude
I understand that the preferred annual pass gives you a 10% off discount on food at most places. My question though, is that discount only for the pass holder themselves, or is it for their group. Disney's pass works for you and 3 guests, Is universal's similar?

If everyone orders and has it put on the passholder's bill, discount is valid for the group.

AP holder needs to pay for the food in order to get the discount

When one of my sons is with me, I have both our orders put on the same bill and get the discount on both our meals.

That is great news! I am there with my wife, 3 kids and my parents. I'll simply pay for all the food :)

Is there a list of restaurants that offer the discounts? We are looking for chocolate emporium and the ones in HP area specifically. I have read some reviews that people got them, but not completely sure.

Is there a list of restaurants that offer the discounts? We are looking for chocolate emporium and the ones in HP area specifically. I have read some reviews that people got them, but not completely sure.
Most of the permanent restaurants in both parks will offer AP discounts...food carts do not. Most of the CityWalk restaurants will also offer discounts but you have to check at each establishment to make sure they take it. The best advice I can give you is....show your pass everywhere.

Most of the permanent restaurants in both parks will offer AP discounts...food carts do not. Most of the CityWalk restaurants will also offer discounts but you have to check at each establishment to make sure they take it. The best advice I can give you is....show your pass everywhere.

Thanks! We are upgrading our passes to the power annual pass and were debating upgrading one to the preferred annual pass for the discounts. Just trying to figure out if it is worth it or not.

Thanks! We are upgrading our passes to the power annual pass and were debating upgrading one to the preferred annual pass for the discounts. Just trying to figure out if it is worth it or not.
Don't forget...the Preferred AP will also include parking so if you visit a lot it will pay for itself in no time.

Can anyone tell me if the discount on food really excludes the Quick Service Dining Plan? Or does it depend on where you buy it?

Pretty much every sit down and counter service "permanent" restaurant on site gives the discount. Don't forget discounts on merchandise and Freestyle recharges (must be done at a "permanent" location, like a restaurant).

I didn't save every receipt over the past year, but I am confident that I save more than enough in discounts alone for my preferred pass that it paid for itself.

Pretty much every sit down and counter service "permanent" restaurant on site gives the discount. Don't forget discounts on merchandise and Freestyle recharges (must be done at a "permanent" location, like a restaurant).]

I didn't save every receipt over the past year, but I am confident that I save more than enough in discounts alone for my preferred pass that it paid for itself.

THE BELOW INFO IS INCORRECT. I WAS CONFUSED. I AM LEAVING IT HERE JUST AS AN EXAMPLE TO MYSELF ABOUT BEING TO SURE OF ONESELF :)
Sorry, but that is just not true. Sit down/table service, yes, almost all give the discount. But Counter service "permanent" do not. Many did for the 45th, but this ended in December. I can confirm, I was there in January, and I asked at every place I went, none of the quick service offered a discount.

Last edited:
I have the preferred annual pass and I received the 10% food discount at all the places
Lombards, Simpson, boulangerie, monster cafe, Louie’s, Finnegans, bloodies, 3 B’s, mythos, and the other cs in IOA and studios

Carts are excluded from the discounts

I know the premier and preferred allows the discount

The other lower level ap do not have the perk of park food discounts

Reactions: MDH
Well this is more than embarassing. Not only did I provide the wrong information, I thought we were speaking of disney annual pass, not Universal, but I also posted the wrong info in a thread I apparently started months ago! So um yeah. I'm going to go hide for a while. For those reading this, yes, Universal AP certainly covers counter service, it's wonderful, I am going to go get some much needed sleep apparently :)

Well this is more than embarassing. Not only did I provide the wrong information, I thought we were speaking of disney annual pass, not Universal, but I also posted the wrong info in a thread I apparently started months ago! So um yeah. I'm going to go hide for a while. For those reading this, yes, Universal AP certainly covers counter service, it's wonderful, I am going to go get some much needed sleep apparently :)

Giving you a :hug: and a like

Not many would come back and explain the mix up

It takes a strong person to post what you did
It also shows you are human and all of us do an oops in life

If it makes you feel any better, I have done the same before too

Take a nap and be sure to come back to the darkside forums

No one here will think twice of your error
We have peeps that play nice here and no one will pounce on your first post

Giving you a :hug: and a like

Not many would come back and explain the mix up

It takes a strong person to post what you did
It also shows you are human and all of us do an oops in life

If it makes you feel any better, I have done the same before too

Take a nap and be sure to come back to the darkside forums

No one here will think twice of your error
We have peeps that play nice here and no one will pounce on your first post

So true.......everyone makes little errors now and again.........

No one will pounce over here........love that expression!!

I have the preferred annual pass and I received the 10% food discount at all the places
Lombards, Simpson, boulangerie, monster cafe, Louie’s, Finnegans, bloodies, 3 B’s, mythos, and the other cs in IOA and studios

Carts are excluded from the discounts

I know the premier and preferred allows the discount

The other lower level ap do not have the perk of park food discounts
We have seasonal passes and every restaurant I asked last September said no- no discounts for seasonal passes. They could have been wrong, but the seasonal pass does not seem to carry discounts. I think even the merchandise places said no discounts for seasonal passes, but I could be remembering incorrectly.

This is what they told me :
Depending on what type of Annual Pass you wish to upgrade to, the benefits on dining locations vary. If you would like to respond to this email with what pass you are most interested in, I would be more than happy to offer you a list of benefits and dining locations that offer discounts to Annual Passholders. Additionally, as long as one (1) person in your part has an Annual Pass, they would be able offer the discount to five (5) additional Guests.
So, with 7 of you, you might get trouble at sit-down restaurants... Or they might let you.

This is what they told me :
Depending on what type of Annual Pass you wish to upgrade to, the benefits on dining locations vary. If you would like to respond to this email with what pass you are most interested in, I would be more than happy to offer you a list of benefits and dining locations that offer discounts to Annual Passholders. Additionally, as long as one (1) person in your part has an Annual Pass, they would be able offer the discount to five (5) additional Guests.
So, with 7 of you, you might get trouble at sit-down restaurants... Or they might let you.

I guess I missed the fine print, I didn't see the limit of 5 guests. We are a group of 7 as well...thanks for the heads up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter