Annual Pass (DVC or otherwise)

DVCRSheridan

Disney Ohana
I know that currently purchasing new AP's is not open. However we've heard that passholders (at least some), who's previous pass either expired or was cancelled during the shutdown, have been able to purchase at this time. Has anyone had any experience with this recently? And, if so, how did it go? Thanks!

Yes, there is a recovery offer for people who were AP holders when parks closed. If you did and chose to cancel it...or it expired...then you call the Passholders line and they will take your info, and someone will call you back.

From what I have read, the expiration has to be after parks closed and not before. It’s taking them about 3 to 4 weeks to get back to you if you are eligible to get a new pass

I called the passholder number on Friday. After 2 hours and 44 minutes and 2 different cast members, I was placed on the call back list to purchase new annual passes. The 2nd person I spoke to was very helpful and knowledgeable. He looked us up and saw when our passes expired. (I had received the partial refund for mine, but my 10 yo daughter's pass had never been cancelled. I thought it would be cancelled along with mine but it wasn't.) He said our passes would not be reinstated, but that we would be able to purchase new annual passes. He very politely told me I could be waiting up to 30 days for the call. Although, from what I have read on the forums here, people have been getting called 9 days, 10 days, or a couple weeks later. It may possibly depend on when your trip is??

Can someone please clarify if the pass had to expire during shut down to be eligible. Mine expired end of Feb 2021. So are people saying that you do not have to renew now given the border closing and that I would be eligible to get a renewal voucher by calling AP line? Thanks

Can someone please clarify if the pass had to expire during shut down to be eligible. Mine expired end of Feb 2021. So are people saying that you do not have to renew now given the border closing and that I would be eligible to get a renewal voucher by calling AP line? Thanks

If your pass just expired, you are within the 30 days to renew. So, give DVC a call...assuming this was a DVC AP...and you can still renew. But, you must do it by the end of this month, as it’s normally a 30 day window after expiration

Renewals were never impacted by the suspension of AP sales. It only applied to buying a new one,

People who had them expire during closure or decided to cancel and take a refund, are being offered a recovery offer to buy a new one.

Mine expired in beginning of this month and I was allowed to renew it in January when I was at WDW

I called the passholder number on Friday. After 2 hours and 44 minutes and 2 different cast members, I was placed on the call back list to purchase new annual passes. The 2nd person I spoke to was very helpful and knowledgeable. He looked us up and saw when our passes expired. (I had received the partial refund for mine, but my 10 yo daughter's pass had never been cancelled. I thought it would be cancelled along with mine but it wasn't.) He said our passes would not be reinstated, but that we would be able to purchase new annual passes. He very politely told me I could be waiting up to 30 days for the call. Although, from what I have read on the forums here, people have been getting called 9 days, 10 days, or a couple weeks later. It may possibly depend on when your trip is??

Your call sounded like ours....2 hours or so wait. 2 people, etc. We called 2 weeks ago, no call back yet. We have a trip in 18 days.

Your call sounded like ours....2 hours or so wait. 2 people, etc. We called 2 weeks ago, no call back yet. We have a trip in 18 days.
If they don’t call you back you SHOULD be able to do it at guest services. When we were there at Christmas that is what we did.

Our situation was slightly different in that we were not DVC yet and had purchased a resort / ticket package, but upon entry the first day the tickets had not been activated properly so they sent us to guest services at HS.

The first thing the cast member said was that our APs had expired (later also saying Yacht Club also had not checked us in properly so the tickets weren’t active). She offered to allow us to purchase new APs without us even asking.

ETA: I should mention we had cancelled our APs during the closure period. This is why we were able to repurchase per their policy.

Last edited:

If they don’t call you back you SHOULD be able to do it at guest services. When we were there at Christmas that is what we did.

Our situation was slightly different in that we were not DVC yet and had purchased a resort / ticket package, but upon entry the first day the tickets had not been activated properly so they sent us to guest services at HS.

The first thing the cast member said was that our APs had expired (later also saying Yacht Club also had not checked us in properly so the tickets weren’t active). She offered to allow us to purchase new APs without us even asking.

Wow, so nice you got the pixie dust. Thanks for the tip. I do plan on trying to call again. I got 3 hours to kill today.

Update, I called on March 9 requesting to purchase APs that we had cancelled. I got a call today. Phone was a foot away but didn't hear it buzz.... Called back, wait wasn't too long 15 min maybe. got switched a few times. ok I want to get two DVC gold passes for my DH and I. hmmm he already has a silver pass. He does? yes, purchased today. Umm isn't that for Fla residents only? Yes. We are in PA. Could you hold please????

Turns out this morning when our file was open, the very next person that called to purchase a ticket has the same first name and bought a silver pass but got attached to our account. I hope that person wasn't running to the parks today. Alas, we lost that ticket. But for a nanosecond I thought whoo hoo....

Turns out this morning when our file was open, the very next person that called to purchase a ticket has the same first name and bought a silver pass but got attached to our account. I hope that person wasn't running to the parks today. Alas, we lost that ticket. But for a nanosecond I thought whoo hoo....

Yeah, I wish we could get the silver pass.

I there any word if DVC member will ever be able to buy a new AP. I just received and was planning on buy this year. So disappointed, I would even concern buy more points without the ability of being able to purchase an AP.

I there any word if DVC member will ever be able to buy a new AP. I just received and was planning on buy this year. So disappointed, I would even concern buy more points without the ability of being able to purchase an AP.

No word. Since APs are not in the control of DVC, it will be based on parks and capacity.

I think that late Fall or early 2022 for new ones. I would love for all those waiting for it to be earlier!

Yeah, I wish we could get the silver pass.
I'm not even sure what a silver pass is, only that we can't get it. I thought we had gotten some kind of pixie dust. I hope they found the person who did buy it.

I got some pixie dust today. I called the AP line and was able to purchase platinum annual passes at the DVC rate over the phone.

We had renewed our passes February 2020 and eventually cancelled in April 2020. I had all my confirmation numbers handy to help the CM research my purchase.

We have a reservation in July and had purchased the DVC 4 plus 2 offer. I was also able to bridge the cost of those tickets towards the purchase of the APs.

I had sent a few emails and got the straight no answer. I decided to give it a shot and called. It did take over two hours, but I’m happy I was able to re-establish my pass holder status. Time well spent in my opinion.

Make the call, your results may vary, but you never know until you try.

We had renewed our passes February 2020 and eventually cancelled in April 2020.
The bolded part is what got you the new passes. They’re selling them to people who cancelled APs or had them expire during the closure. What’s amazing is that you were taken care of in one phone call - many folks have had to wait weeks for a call back to buy after being deemed eligible!

I got some pixie dust today. I called the AP line and was able to purchase platinum annual passes at the DVC rate over the phone.

We have a reservation in July and had purchased the DVC 4 plus 2 offer. I was also able to bridge the cost of those tickets towards the purchase of the APs.

I had sent a few emails and got the straight no answer. I decided to give it a shot and called. It did take over two hours, but I’m happy I was able to re-establish my pass holder status. Time well spent in my opinion.

Make the call, your results may vary, but you never know until you try.

I'm curious what you mean by this. Were you able to use the cost of 4 day tickets or did you get the value of 6 day tickets. I always thought the term bridging meant getting more value than what you paid.

The bolded part is what got you the new passes. They’re selling them to people who cancelled APs or had them expire during the closure. What’s amazing is that you were taken care of in one phone call - many folks have had to wait weeks for a call back to buy after being deemed eligible!
Yes, I was surprised it happened over the phone based on what others have posted.

I'm curious what you mean by this. Were you able to use the cost of 4 day tickets or did you get the value of 6 day tickets. I always thought the term bridging meant getting more value than what you paid.
Perhaps I misused the term. However,I was able to apply the ticket costs to pay towards the cost of the annual passes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter