Annual Pass For Minor - Free Parking??

Briezygator

Earning My Ears
My in-laws are taking our 3 year old to MK on Sunday while DH and I try our luck with getting a RotR BG. They don’t have annual passes but my son will be taking his Magic Band/pass with him and his AP technically includes free parking. My question is whether my in-laws would have an issue using his band or card for parking since he doesn’t have a photo ID to go with it. Anyone had any experience with this type of situation? TIA!

Great question. I’ll bet it works. I know I have used my sons friends AP before for parking and that worked. 2015. Last time we drove. A pass is a pass. And it was the only time we spent a couple nights off property. We hadn’t yet arrived to POP. So we didn’t ha e free resort parking yet

I think it should work. There is no "kids" annual pass, they are all the same. I would just hold it for them to scan.

Maybe have them have a copy of his birth certificate. The toll cm are now more consistent in asking for an ID with the ap

Yeah the fact that they ask for identification in nearly all AP uses these days will make it more work to get discounts from a “child’s” AP. But at the same time they are no less valid.

Just tell them that it is the child's....we did it one trip when mine had expired and my kids were still valid. No issue at all.....

We sometimes go with friends who also have APs and they have to show a photo ID every time we park. They don't scan the MB - they want to see the AP and ID. They can try, but I'm going to guess it won't work.

We sometimes go with friends who also have APs and they have to show a photo ID every time we park. They don't scan the MB - they want to see the AP and ID. They can try, but I'm going to guess it won't work.

I think it completely depends on who is working because I noticed a lack of consistency when we had APs. I've had them ask to scan it, ask for ID, not ask for ID, ask to see my AP, and not say anything at all other than look at the band and let us in. Also MY ID was attached to my kids' annual passes and magic bands so there were a couple of times when we had glitches with the AP at the entry and they went by my information, and my youngest is only 4 and the fingerprint attached to her pass is actually my fingerprint.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter