• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Annual pass format prior to validation?

#1MMFan

Space Mountain Maniac
We have had annnual passes for the last year; they ran out in June. Since we aren't going to return to WDW until hopefully early 2003, I thought we'd be better waiting to renew them rather than save $30 renewing them now. I would like to have the passes sometime before arriving in order to stand some chance of an annual pass discount on the room. I'm just curious as to what the procedure is regarding sending out the pass. The last time we bought the pass at the MK (and obviously didn't get a room discount - although we did the following trip in January). Do they send out a slip to get activated at the park. If so, were we to get a discount on our room booking, would this cause a problem when we checked in if our tickets hadn't been validated?

Obviously a number of assumptions going on here, but just curious.

John :confused:

I just ordered my AP over the phone a couple of weeks ago. I did it so that I would have it paid for before the trip:D
I called the DC #, they transferred me and it only took a minute. Be sure to get the DC discount if you are a member.

The voucher came in the mail with in 5 days. It is a bright green credit card type document. A letter explains where to get it activated.

From everything I have read, you don't need the actual AP to make a ressie using the discount. When you check in, the voucher is enough.

Also, check www.mousesavers.com. I have found that sometimes there are codes available that are better than AP discounts! I have WL in Aug. for 129 a night-that is better than the AP rate. It seems like the AP rates don't come out very early, so other codes might be a better bet for early 2003.

When we checked in we only had our vouchers, but they didn't even ask to see anything. I've heard that the vouchers alone should do, and if not you can go back after trading the voucher for the AP and get your rate adjusted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter