Annual Pass Price

MeTarzan

Earning My Ears
I am arriving at OKW in 10 days and staying for 8 days. I plan on returning to WDW within the next year. Is it better to purchase LOS tickets or an annual pass. I have just read that DVC members do not get discounts on APs, only LOSs is that true?

Tarzan, you are correct that DVC members only get a discount on the LOS passes. However, if you are returning within a year, the AP is the best bet. If you are a DC member, you get a 5% discount off the AP. Every little bit helps! I would definitely say go with the AP - even without a discount it will be cheaper in the long run and give you more bang for your buck! Have a great trip.

I agree. The AP is the way to go. You get great discounted room rates with an AP also as an added benefit.

Since when did DVC members get 5% off the annual pass rate?

Gina

There is a discounted price for annual passes (and all passes) for Disney Club members. As far as I know, there is no discount for DVC members, although DVC gets a 10% discount on purchases at the Disney Stores.

My husband says that the annual pass saved his vacation. I'm so cheap that I feel we should get "our money's worth" out of each day on a 4- or 5-day pass, so I keep us going from morning till night. With the annual pass, we sometimes go to one of the parks for breakfast and a few attractions and then head back to our resort to relax. Somehow it seems easier to laze around the pool when you know you're not missing out on a day's admission price. Maybe frugal is a better word than cheap, but it works for us.

Originally posted by Rikersmom
My husband says that the annual pass saved his vacation. I'm so cheap that I feel we should get "our money's worth" out of each day on a 4- or 5-day pass, so I keep us going from morning till night. With the annual pass, we sometimes go to one of the parks for breakfast and a few attractions and then head back to our resort to relax. Somehow it seems easier to laze around the pool when you know you're not missing out on a day's admission price. Maybe frugal is a better word than cheap, but it works for us.

I DEFINATELY agree here. I cannot tell you how wonderful and relaxing it is to be able to just go to a park for one hour to do your favorite ride or hit your favorite restaurant, without feeling like you have to drag yourself on everything to get your money's worth. I don't consider myself particularly cheap OR frugal, but there is no way that I'd pay almost $50 (the cost of a day on those hopper passes) to ride one ride or for the pleasure of eating at a restaurant. Our annual passes, on the other hand, pay for themselves in around 8 days I think and everything beyond that is "free"!

Lisa

We've done the AP for the past three years and it was definitely worth every penny. You are all so right about the added benefit of going in and out of the parks without feeling the "stay all day" pressure. Of course, we always go more than 8 days to WDW in each of these years, so it is definitely worth the pass. I also really, really love the AP rates on the rooms when they are available. It always makes me smile :D

Oooh ooh, another benefit is (when available) AP rates on the rooms. You can actually get MS to link up your discounted room with your DVC reservation so that if you wanted to save points on the weekends, you wouldn't have to move.

Lisa

Could you expand on the ability to get AP rooms at a DVC resort...say OKW. We will be there in a studio for 9 nights starting October 20 thru the 29th. If I could get a couple of cash nights with the AP discount for the 26th and 27th without moving that would be great. I seem to remember that you can't even check on cash rooms until about 60 days out or so. Any info that you or others might be able to share would be most appreciated.

Who was the genius who thought changing the Magic Kingdom Club to the Disney Club was a good idea? (Maybe the same guy who first named South Point at OKW, Peninsular South?)

If you buy the AP, it only includes the major parks. DVC does have discounts on water park and PI admission that you might want to use. You can also buy AP's for either the water parks or PI or the Premium AP which covers everything.

Is there such a thing as an annual pass for Disney Quest (besides the premium annual pass)? Question #2: Does the AP for waterparks include DQ? and Question #3: can you provide a link to info about a water parks annual pass? I haven't seen a listing for it.

Thanks!

Sorry I didn't answer sooner, I somehow missed this thread!

Once when I was trying to add a studio to an existing reservation at the BWV but they were booked up, I booked one using cash as a backup. At various times I had different combinations of points rooms and cash rooms and every time both CRO and MS told me it wouldn't be a problem to link up the reservations.

Although this is not normally the case, this year there have been extraordinary AP discounts. You might want to call CRO (the regular normal reservations line) and see if you can get OKW on an AP discount for the nights you are looking for. You can also check out www.mousesavers.com for other codes that are out there as well. After you have your reservation through CRO, call MS and see what you can do about linking them all up.

I just checked travelocity (which is showing one of these "coded" rates) and they have an OKW studio for $179, 1br for $244 and a 2br for $339. I know that the AP discounts (if they have them) are even better, $269 for a 2br (but remember to add 11% tax to those numbers).

This invenory is not out of the 60 day breakage point inventory but rather comes from people who have traded out their DVC points for cruises, II exchanges, concierge collection etc... so you can check right now for availability.

Hope that helps!

Lisa

Thanks to everyone who replied to my question. I was able to purchase APs for my family at a local Disney Store and using my DVC membership card I got them for the discounted DC prices listed on the main page link.

Thanks again....8 days till arrival!

So they gave you the DC discount even though all you had was a DVC card? Did I understand you correctly there?

Ticket Info

Jon, here's a link to pass information. I'm confused myself though. When I clicked to get more info on the Water Park AP it says "FL Resident Only Section". I'm not sure whether non-residents can purchase it or not. I'm pretty sure it doesn't include DQ. I'm not sure whether you can get a seperate DQ AP. The Premium Annual Pass does include DQ and WWofSports.

In the past, some Disney Stores have given DVC members discounts with the DVC card. We aren't suppossed to get the discount but some people get lucky.

I really appreciate it! I've never seen any other listings for those passes. It is confusing how when you go for more info on the water parks AP, it asks you to enter a FL zip code. I assume that we would get our DVC 20% discount on the DQ Annual Pass that we would get on a daily pass.

Thanks again for the help, Pam!:bounce:

AP is the way to go if you are planning to go back Home within 365 days of AP activation.

We did in on 2/24/2001. We go back in
10/2001
11/2001 &
2/2002

That will come to 19 park vists in 365 days
The AP for Disney Club members is $354

Here is a handy site for info & savings.
Disney Savings & Info

Yes, you read that correctly. I called around to my local Disney Stores and found one with the passes in stock (some of the stores have to get vouchers for you and takes 2-3 weeks). When I called on the phone and told them I was a DVC member and asked the price I was quoted the DC price! When Iwent to the store I had to show my DVC card and there was no problem.

Remember, DVC members get a discount at the Disney Store, so that counts too!

When I was Disney Quest in July I noticed that an annual pass was $59.00 (I think) Interesting that it pays for itself after your 2nd visit????

Doug

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter