• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Annual pass question--good for exactly 365 days?

snackyx

Mouseketeer
We usually do not go the annual pass route, but just may next year. My question: If I activate an annual pass on November 20, 2019, when EXACTLY does it expire? We typically come over Thanksgiving, and I am wondering if it would be good the next year over the same period. Is it November 20, 2019 through Nov 20, 2020, or would it expire November 30, 2020?I know when I purchase TIW it is sometimes good for another month or so. Any help/clarification appreciated!

it would expire Nov 21, 2020. You get 366 days.
That would be 367 days...well actually 368 because of leap year

I think you get Nov 20, 2019 to Nov 20,2020 you can actually visit the park on both Nov 20 2019 and Nov 20 2020 but not Nov 21, 2020

My mistake, it's 366 days. You get from 11/20/2019 thru and including 11/20/2020 Thanks for correcting.

They say you get an extra day with your first AP, so 11/20/2019-11/20/2020. Renewals would also be good through the 20th, so no extra day with a renewal. Leap year does get you the one extra day, too.

You get 366 including a leap year (2020). So Jan 1st would also end Jan 1st. However, for a leap year, It will be Jan 1st, ending Dec. 31st. But still 366 days.

You get 366 including a leap year (2020). So Jan 1st would also end Jan 1st. However, for a leap year, It will be Jan 1st, ending Dec. 31st. But still 366 days.
If first use is Jan 1, expiration will be Jan 1 of the following year regardless of leap year or not.

If first use is Jan 1, expiration will be Jan 1 of the following year regardless of leap year or not.

From what I understand, it's a 366 day ticket. Not a general rule for 1 year 1 day, it's 366 days. But I'll do some research. I read it on MouseSavers, but I'm trying to find it under Disney.

From what I understand, it's a 366 day ticket. Not a general rule for 1 year 1 day, it's 366 days. But I'll do some research. I read it on MouseSavers, but I'm trying to find it under Disney.
I've had an AP for YEARS and the month/day of expiration has not changed even on leap years. Expiration dates for renewals work the same as with new passes.

My mistake, it's 366 days. You get from 11/20/2019 thru and including 11/20/2020 Thanks for correcting.
FYI, I just got my AP on 11/16/18 at 4PM, it is good thru 11/17/19.

If you bridge to an annual pass does it start on Day 1 plus 365 or is it the day you bridge plus 365?

You year would start on the first day you used the ticket you bridged from. So if you have a 5 day that you first use on Nov 1, 2019 then convert (bridge) to an AP on Nov 4, 2019 your AP will expire on Nov 1, 2020

You year would start on the first day you used the ticket you bridged from. So if you have a 5 day that you first use on Nov 1, 2019 then convert (bridge) to an AP on Nov 4, 2019 your AP will expire on Nov 1, 2020

Thanks!

I might try this at noon this summer. See what happens.

Does it print the expiration date on the AP or do you have to look it up?
I don't have it with me right now (unbelievable-what if I find myself in WDW suddenly??), but I think it was handwritten by the CM on the card, but it's stated very clearly on the app. Even says I have "348 days remaining." Tick tock!

I might try this at noon this summer. See what happens.

Does it print the expiration date on the AP or do you have to look it up?
I looked it up. If you have the WDW App. Where it says "Park info and Entry" there's a My Ticket box. Just click that and it will tell you.

I purchased my AP (and used it) on 11/8 and it's good until 11/9/19. :)
That’s weird. There was a bug on the website a couple months back that made it look like everyone had an extra day. I would expect it to expire on 11/8.

I currently have the Platinum+ pass because of last year's DVC promotion. I need to renew now but really don't need the Platinum+ pass. Will I be able to renew this pass to a Gold pass and get the 15% renewal savings?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter