• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Annual Pass Question

Chloe'sMom

I'm wonderful in my imperfection!
If I purchase an annual pass through the DVC member website for the discount - when is the effective date? On the date of purchase or the first day we use the pass? Do you get a voucher in the mail?

thanks,
Amanda

You'll get a voucher in the mail. The effective date is the date you turn the voucher in for the real AP.

You can also pick up the Annual Pass at Guest services in case you didn't have enough time to have it mailed out to you. We did this last year as we are in Canada, and you never know when the mail comes thru, so we "Will Called" the AP.

I have one mailed to me to get the DDE card, and "will call" the others as I tend to spread out the purchases to one DVC AP a month.

First day you use it.
Prior to the year 2000, this was the case. Since the fall of 2000, actual use of the pass is not required for the year to begin. It will start upon purchase (or pick up if a will call transaction) of the pass if done at WDW or upon exchange of the voucher in any other circumstance.

Prior to the year 2000, this was the case. Since the fall of 2000, actual use of the pass is not required for the year to begin. It will start upon purchase (or pick up if a will call transaction) of the pass if done at WDW or upon exchange of the voucher in any other circumstance.
I purchased one this last year and that wasn't the case. They mailed us vouchers and we used them 6 months later.

I think this is the case with renewals. You used to be able to renew within the renewal time frame and then start the next AP at a later date.

I purchased one this last year and that wasn't the case. They mailed us vouchers and we used them 6 months later.

I think this is the case with renewals. You used to be able to renew within the renewal time frame and then start the next AP at a later date.

I think you misunderstood GoldenOldie. She was talking about the actual pass, not the voucher. Once you exchange a voucher for an AP or buy one outright, the clock starts ticking even if you do not enter a park. One of the reasons that I would not go to DTD to pick up an AP the night before entering the parks for the first time.

GoldenOldie is the true expert on all manner of admission at WDW. :worship: Trust her!

I think you misunderstood GoldenOldie. She was talking about the actual pass, not the voucher. Once you exchange a voucher for an AP or buy one outright, the clock starts ticking even if you do not enter a park. One of the reasons that I would not go to DTD to pick up an AP the night before entering the parks for the first time.

GoldenOldie is the true expert on all manner of admission at WDW. :worship: Trust her!
Yeah...that I misunderstood. The pass you get is stamped the date you exchange the voucher. I do remember years ago (I don't know how many) we would get 2 1/2 years out of two years of annual passes by staggering the renewals.

I didn't read the whole post I was responding to. It was two sentences and in English. That gets me every time.

How do you get into the park to pick up a will-call AP (I am assuming that guest relations are behind the turnstiles)?

How do you get into the park to pick up a will-call AP (I am assuming that guest relations are behind the turnstiles)?
You can assume that Guest Relations is behind the turnstiles, but you would be wrong, LOL.

The Guest Relations booths are outside of the parks.

You can assume that Guest Relations is behind the turnstiles, but you would be wrong, LOL.

Thanks! Good news as I make the transition to an AP.

I just bought AP passes in early March and exchanged them March 20th. My passes say good until March 20, 2008. Sooooo it expires 1 year after you exchange your vouchers into passes.

Not wrong actually. ;) There are also Guest Relations locations inside of each theme park, too:

City Hall at the MK
To the left of and just past SSE at Epcot
To the left of the turnstiles inside the park at both MGM and AK

But for the OP, there are GR locations outside of each theme park as well:

To the right of the turnstiles outside the MK and Epcot
To the left of the turnstiles outside MGM and AK

GoldenOldie, I've been in GS inside MK, Epcot and MGM but not AK. Can't even picture where it is to the left there? Is it immediately after the entrance or further in?

What does the discounted AP cost for adults and for kids? Any comparison to park hopper passes? Trying to figure the break even for this (including water parks)

mg

I did the math and a 10 park hopper was cheaper then the AP for me but...I plan on going again within the year and that is when it pays off.

Check out DVCMEMBER.COM for more info on costs

DVC Adult AP is $334 ($355.71 with tax)
DVC Child AP is $294 ($313.11 with tax)

BCV23: Guest Relations inside AK is actually the same office as the one that is outside of AK. It has one entrance on the outside of the turnstiles that is a separate walled-off room from the entrance inside the turnstiles. It is to the immediate left as you go through the turnstiles, right next to the locker rentals.

Thanks, GoldenOldie. That is a logical arrangement. I'll have to keep an eye out for it next trip. I've used the one outside the gate so I know where you mean.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter