Annual Pass Question

markpsych

DIS Veteran
So we're visiting on the 11/12/16 for 4 nights 5 days

7 adults, 2 DCR cabins

2 adults will have the cabin tickets, leaving 5 people needing tickets

Looked at Supertrips, who have a sale on (£125 each for a Fantasy AP) which comes to £625

However, direct from Disney they're approx. £137.55 each, and with the 20% discount they're £549.60

Considered getting Classic AP's via post in advance, but really want to go next Christmas as well, so really need to purchase them as late as possible.

Tried sending a cheeky email to Disney asking if we could purchase Classic APs beforehand, and collect when we arrive....as we'd be travelling beforehand ;-)

Thought I'd check here to see if anyone had any other ideas, before making my mind up!

Thanks

Last edited:
Presumably all 5 people are at the same address to get the discount? From what I have read, they are very strict about this and require proof.

If you're s shareholder you'll get 15% on top of the family discount.

When I spoke to the AP line they said only way to get them was to either post or do in person at park. She also went to great lengths to say could not be used on day 2 and 3 if getting in the park. So only way really is by post.

I can't think of a way for you to extend the time.

Okay thanks both....so it looks like direct from Disney with the 20% discount is our best bet.

We're arriving on a Sunday, but making a couple of stops on the way down. Do you know what the latest is you can purchase APs on a Sunday, or is it likely we'll have to get them on the Monday?

I think times change depending on the season. Seems general opinion is it opens at 10 am and closes at 6 pm weekdays and 8 pm on weekends. There is the Donald Bureau at the Magic Kingdom ticket gates - they used to do APs, not sure if they still do, but again, this isn't always open.

Wish we could get the 20% off as like Julie, I'd in effect get 35% off with my SH discount too.

Our shareholder card has lapsed now unfortunately.

As you say, google suggests it'll be 10am-8pm on the Sunday, and the park is open till 9pm, so I guess if we aim for 6-7pm arrival we should have time to purchase tickets and get APs?

I've always found the passport office quieter later in the day, so hopefully you'll be OK. Good luck!

Price bumped already lately, I would say it is unlikely they bump again in the next price season starting November.

I am looking to but 2 Fantasy Annual Passes from Supertrips but have a few questions hopefully someone can help me with :)

We are going over Christmas and so would like to exchange the voucher for our passes on Christmas eve to take advantage of the extra magic hours on Christmas Day and I just wondered if there would be any problems with this? I read that some APs have a two day wait period after exchange.

Thanks!

Francilien AP has two-days “contractual” black-out dates. Fortunately, Fantasy does not!

Price bumped already lately, I would say it is unlikely they bump again in the next price season starting November.

I really hope you're right. I thought the word on the street was that prices were going to double or triple in November, in line with rises in WDW and DL....desperately hoping this is just a rumour otherwise our pencilled-in trips for next year will have to be scrapped :-/

I really hope you're right. I thought the word on the street was that prices were going to double or triple in November, in line with rises in WDW and DL....desperately hoping this is just a rumour otherwise our pencilled-in trips for next year will have to be scrapped :-/

My wife has been sent a questionnaire from Disneyland Paris regarding plans for future APs. The most premium pass definitively had a 4x price bump, though I believe that, if they are introduced, it will je a brand new offering and will not replace the current passports.

This is different to what I've read. Current APs haemorrhage the resort money, the average local AP holder makes the resort 1 euro per annum. TWDC want to turn the park around and make money, this will not happen with the current AP offerings. The new APs they've investigated (and surveyed) are a lot more money but do offer various perks and benefits - most of which I'd personally not be bothered about - I'd rather have a cheap AP!

Hope I'm wrong, but many think this is the way it will go. Shareholders who attend the meetings regularly have mentioned this too.

I've also read tonight that it's rumoured that the 'room tax' route of booking with APs will go.

Of course, this is just hearsay, but I don't see how they can continue the way they are and expect to produce a profit. I personally think the 'breakfast' removal is just park of the bigger plan to cut service but increase price (in real terms anyway).

I really hope so! Can't get excited about our trips until I know for sure though

Edit: cross posted DLPDreams! This is what I've been reading too and it will mean no more DLP for us if it's true. We go regularly for short breaks because we can do it on a shoe string budget but if we have to start paying £1000+ each time we will save and go to WDW every few years instead. I love DLP but it's not worth the price tag for me

It's just a case of wait and see. Those that buy APs before any (rumoured) changes (if they happen), will of course have the year to use their AP. It will still be valid during that period I'm sure.

I hope the rumors about significant price prices turn out to be exaggerated as we've decided to buy Fantasy passes on the day we arrive.

By the way, I did eventually get a reply from the AP office:

We thank you for your e-mail and your interest in Disneyland® Paris.

We have contacted our colleagues in the Annual Passport Office and they have advised they can send your Passports either at your hotel or in the Park, however they need the following information:

• the date of your first visit in December
  • will you be staying in a Disney Hotel, if so, which one?
  • is it your first Annual Passport or a renewal?
  • if you wish to benefit from the Family offer (discount for 5 Annual Passports bought at the same time for members of the same family living at the same address), please send the form and all required paperwork to our Annual Passport Office.
We remain at your disposal for any further inquiries.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter