Annual Pass questions

ScrampShopper

Mouseketeer
I’m a Disney expert, and have never been to Universal before. I have a Universal booking for a week over Spring break March 2023, but I was just looking at flights and saw good deals for this Aug so I just booked Portafino Bay for a week beginning on Aug 8th. Because I’ve got a long trip booked, I wanted to get annual passes so we could go over the week and take our time and not feeling rushed over a few days and my kids will want to do their favorites over and over again! Is it worth it for me to get the premier over the preferred if we are going in Aug, and maybe switching spring break to a June 2023 trip. Also, I know my kids (8 and 12) will love spending lots of time at the pools, is it worth getting the 3 park over the 2 park pass. I was thinking that I could just pay for one day tickets to the water park. Is it so great that we may want to go multiple times. The preferred 3 park pass is blocked out thru Aug 14th, but will it still allow for us to enter at 4PM on those block out dates? Can the annual passes be upgraded after we’ve used them at the parks and decide we may need more water park days? I hope my questions make sense!

If you’re only going to go to VB one day during your trip it’s probably better to just get the 2park AP and buy one day ticket to VB (Around $80). The premier AP offers the highest level of discounts so it can be cost effective for one family member to have that one and everyone else seasonal or power. if your family loves spending time at the pools remember you can pool hop to any hotel unless you’re staying at dockside/surf side and that’s free! Many families love cabana bay because it has a slide and lazy river.

I’m a Disney expert, and have never been to Universal before. I have a Universal booking for a week over Spring break March 2023, but I was just looking at flights and saw good deals for this Aug so I just booked Portafino Bay for a week beginning on Aug 8th. Because I’ve got a long trip booked, I wanted to get annual passes so we could go over the week and take our time and not feeling rushed over a few days and my kids will want to do their favorites over and over again! Is it worth it for me to get the premier over the preferred if we are going in Aug, and maybe switching spring break to a June 2023 trip. Also, I know my kids (8 and 12) will love spending lots of time at the pools, is it worth getting the 3 park over the 2 park pass. I was thinking that I could just pay for one day tickets to the water park. Is it so great that we may want to go multiple times. The preferred 3 park pass is blocked out thru Aug 14th, but will it still allow for us to enter at 4PM on those block out dates? Can the annual passes be upgraded after we’ve used them at the parks and decide we may need more water park days? I hope my questions make sense!
Yes, the 3 park preferred AP will allow entrance to Volcano Bay after 4 PM on August 14th. I plan to be there myself that afternoon. That's really the only one of your questions I feel able to answer! I guess compare the price of a 1 day volcano bay ticket (they are quite pricy) to the 3 park AP cost. If you want to go to VB once in August and once in June it may be more cost effective to do the 3 park AP. i usually go solo so I have been happy with the preferred discounts. The dining discount is good at all the park and most City Walk places, not much at the resorts though.

We stay at RPR so we get the Preferred pass. We don't need the free park parking or the EP after 4.

Thank you, I think I have decided on the preferred 2 park pass and will just pay for VB because I don’t think I will have the patience to go on more than one day especially if we can use the cabana bay pool.

Have fun! I will be spending one day at the Portofino Bay villa pool while staying at Cabana Bay in August, so we may unknowingly cross paths!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter