Annual pass refund question

MrsBergs

Mouseketeer
Hi
I have a gold annual pass. Has anyone received a refund? I was wondering how much we would get back. Our pass expires in August

Thanks

Last edited:

We had an gold annual pass and got back $199.

How were you able to already receive a refund? When refunds were first offered back in June, I put in for a refund for Gold passes that expire in September. Payment time wasn't decided.

Yesterday, I received an email about the new policy that APs would be good through mid-August and that you had the option of extended passes or cancellation which would give you a refund from July 11 until the new extended expiration day of your pass (i.e., +117 days). Payment would be forthcoming in September. There was link to effect cancellation which I did, but I also called to make sure of my cancellation as well as my wife's. After 2 hours on hold, cancellation was effected.

Nothing for us.... Original EXP May 27, 2020. Extended - and we don't want the extension. Did the WDW Web Page rebate thing.... so far? Nothing. Good luck calling these folks :).

We elected to buy two NEW Gold APs - and got away with it, just before the AP sales shutdown. Got, em, billed for 'em, not activated, good to 2030 :).

The email that came this week stated that refunds would be process in early September since they were allowing people to keep the AP until August 11th.

But, I have read a few reports that people have gotten refunds already.

I never got an email. I called the other day and was told to wait for it. I read that the emails were send on July 14. Today’s the 19 th and still nothing. Very disappointed with Disney. And no, the email is not in my spam folder.

The email that came this week stated that refunds would be process in early September since they were allowing people to keep the AP until August 11th.

But, I have read a few reports that people have gotten refunds already.
Those refunds are for the closure period. Per usual even this refund has been inconsistent- some have received it, some haven’t despite requesting refund in lieu of extension. We’re now on to cancellation of APs with refund for the remainder. No one that I have seen has been reimbursed for the remainder of their AP.

Those refunds are for the closure period. Per usual even this refund has been inconsistent- some have received it, some haven’t despite requesting refund in lieu of extension. We’re now on to cancellation of APs with refund for the remainder. No one that I have seen has been reimbursed for the remainder of their AP.

Thanks for sharing more details

Maybe this message should be posted somewhere else. I just saw that our gold annual passes have been updated to add another 30 days to the expiration.

Ralph

Gold passes. My daughter got 3 out of 4 refunds for closed period. I’ve gotten none of mine. I applied April 28, she applied June 14. Go figure. Inconsistent

At this time our annual passes are to expire in march of 2021 with the additional 30 days. Any chance we would get them to extend it till end of April 0f 2021.

At this time our annual passes are to expire in march of 2021 with the additional 30 days. Any chance we would get them to extend it till end of April 0f 2021.
Unless the parks close down again, it's unlikely, IMO.

Unless the parks close down again, it's unlikely, IMO.
With the numbers they way they currently are, have decided to sit upon one of our family’s APs until last minute in August.

Seems wrong to ‘gamble’ there may be another closure soon. Hate that the pass currently wouldn’t be used a single day this go-round on the renewal

there is no such thing as standard method of operation these days. :confused3 Another month or two extension would preclude us needing to renew that AP for next year’s projected travel. Yet, I can’t say I’d be happy however it plays out.

Never did get the email for that person anyway, will be spending another long chunk of time on the phone.

With the numbers they way they currently are, have decided to sit upon one of our family’s APs until last minute in August.

Seems wrong to ‘gamble’ there may be another closure soon. Hate that the pass currently wouldn’t be used a single day this go-round on the renewal

there is no such thing as standard method of operation these days. :confused3 Another month or two extension would preclude us needing to renew that AP for next year’s projected travel. Yet, I can’t say I’d be happy however it plays out.

Never did get the email for that person anyway, will be spending another long chunk of time on the phone.

this is all so crazy And complicated. I have trips planned for 2021, no tickets. Waiting for refunds from an non-activated renewal and several now expired tickets.
however, my AP experience with US/IOA was outstanding. I wrote to them in late a May. Told them there was no safe and healthy way to return, age, health, state restrictions and asked if they would pause my AP. Good news, they called me and agreed! My ticket had 8 months left on it so they suspended it and whenever I get back, no timeframe, I just go and reactivate it and it starts again. I was thrilled with their decision. They are basically leaving the lights on for when I feel it’s safe to return.

this is all so crazy And complicated. I have trips planned for 2021, no tickets. Waiting for refunds from an non-activated renewal and several now expired tickets.
however, my AP experience with US/IOA was outstanding. I wrote to them in late a May. Told them there was no safe and healthy way to return, age, health, state restrictions and asked if they would pause my AP. Good news, they called me and agreed! My ticket had 8 months left on it so they suspended it and whenever I get back, no timeframe, I just go and reactivate it and it starts again. I was thrilled with their decision. They are basically leaving the lights on for when I feel it’s safe to return.
Wow! That’s amazing Wish I had thot of that but since priced a 1/3rd of WDW AP, it’s not as big of a hit at least

I renewed several passes there this year, one right before and others after the shutdown. I did downgrade them all to seasonal to save a few bucks at least.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter