Annual Pass - Renew or Wait

Itoddmickey

Earning My Ears
I have a trip at the end of my current AP in September, my next planned trip would not be until December, a few days short of 3 months. I believe the cost difference is $150, do I renew my pass to save or wait to push my valid pass date out 3 more months?

I guess it depends on what your plans are after December. My initial reaction is to renew - but if you can wait an extra 3 months to get an extra trip out of a new pass (perhaps something Oct/Nov of 2025?), they buy new in December. For a while, there was a concern (at least for us) that they'd stop selling new APs again, and only do renewals - but that concern doesn't seem to be as big of an issue at this point.

I guess it depends on what your plans are after December. My initial reaction is to renew - but if you can wait an extra 3 months to get an extra trip out of a new pass (perhaps something Oct/Nov of 2025?), they buy new in December. For a while, there was a concern (at least for us) that they'd stop selling new APs again, and only do renewals - but that concern doesn't seem to be as big of an issue at this point.
We have further plans after December, 3-4 trips a year. Didn't think about the potential removal of new APs, added point of risk I hadn't thought about. I look at it as being able to buy 4 APs to cover 5 years of trips if we go every 3 months or so. Thanks

We have further plans after December, 3-4 trips a year. Didn't think about the potential removal of new APs, added point of risk I hadn't thought about. I look at it as being able to buy 4 APs to cover 5 years of trips if we go every 3 months or so. Thanks
Sorry - didn't mean to give you one more thing to worry about with your decision!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter