Annual Pass Renewals Help

Callalily6

DIS Veteran
Help! I'm an annual pass newb. I'd originally had a different pass that included digital downloads on all my photopass pics.. When the new passes came out, mine switched to Incredi + downloads. When I renewed this year 2023, the downloads didn't get grandfathered in and they are trying to sell me the add-on. When I went to the park, all my photopass pics are watermarked so the unlimited digital downloads were removed from my pass. I called Disney AP and they said 'nothing gets grandfathered in'. But that seems off.

Especially since All Ears stated it was a specific perk of renewing:

RENEWAL PERKS

As long as current Annual Passholders opt into an equivalent Pass under the new structure when it’s time for them to renew, they will retain their current perks even if they’re not included in the new Pass. For example, some current Passes include PhotoPass; if a current Passholder renews to an equivalent new Pass level, they will retain PhotoPass and not have to pay for it as an add-on for $99.

I've not been an annual pass member very long. Am I supposed to have the original pass features grandfathered in or not? Thanks for your help. The passes aren't cheap and I don't know what's normal. Thanks

Even though your previous AP included PP downloads, the IncrediPass is a completely different AP that doesn’t include photo downloads. Your last IncrediPass was “+ downloads” because the AP you had paid for under the old program included PP, but that’s as far as grandfathering goes. Now that you’re renewing, you’re renewing the IncrediPass, not the old AP you used to have, and you’ll have to decide whether to pay for the PP add on or not.

The good news is that if you pay for the add on PP, it will be retroactive to the start of your new AP year, and those watermarks will disappear.

Help! I'm an annual pass newb. I'd originally had a different pass that included digital downloads on all my photopass pics.. When the new passes came out, mine switched to Incredi + downloads. When I renewed this year 2023, the downloads didn't get grandfathered in and they are trying to sell me the add-on. When I went to the park, all my photopass pics are watermarked so the unlimited digital downloads were removed from my pass. I called Disney AP and they said 'nothing gets grandfathered in'. But that seems off.

RENEWAL PERKS

As long as current Annual Passholders opt into an equivalent Pass under the new structure when it’s time for them to renew, they will retain their current perks even if they’re not included in the new Pass. For example, some current Passes include PhotoPass; if a current Passholder renews to an equivalent new Pass level, they will retain PhotoPass and not have to pay for it as an add-on for $99.

I've not been an annual pass member very long. Am I supposed to have the original pass features grandfathered in or not? Thanks for your help. The passes aren't cheap and I don't know what's normal. Thanks

All Ears has that wrong. Or the way they wrote it is misleading. Disney was very specific that you retained the features only until your pass expiration. But if you renewed, you had to go to the new pass equivalent, with the features of that new pass only. We have been out of state AP holders for many years. I renewed last May to the new Incredipass & had to pay to add the photos as well, as did my DS & DDIL.

Many people do have inactive AP vouchers that they had purchased prior to these changes. When they activate those vouchers, they will get the features that were included in the pass when they bought it. So if those APs included photopass, they will get the photos for that 1 year period. But when they renew, they have to move to whatever the current AP is & will not continue to receive photopass.

Any given website, vlogger, blogger etc will give you their interpretations, predictions, completely inaccurate information and sometimes verbatim information that is correct ... and sadly many don't update their pages with current info. There really is nothing you can do with what they say, only what Disney says.

I do get it, while Disney was very clear about what each pass would get and not get, they sadly allowed too many passes to be at play at the same time leading to confusion for many with the old passes. They should have been more strict about vouchers but perhaps the next shake up of APs will be handled better.

In the end you are renewing a 100% Incredi-Pass and all perks associated with that. Your old pass (with name change) and perks are now gone.

Any given website, vlogger, blogger etc will give you their interpretations, predictions, completely inaccurate information and sometimes verbatim information that is correct ... and sadly many don't update their pages with current info. There really is nothing you can do with what they say, only what Disney says.

I do get it, while Disney was very clear about what each pass would get and not get, they sadly allowed too many passes to be at play at the same time leading to confusion for many with the old passes. They should have been more strict about vouchers but perhaps the next shake up of APs will be handled better.

In the end you are renewing a 100% Incredi-Pass and all perks associated with that. Your old pass (with name change) and perks are now gone.
Allears has been on the decline for years. Mammoth Club for the win.

I don't know who they are as I don't follow 99% of the Disney fan site people but the accuracy of the information on that site went down the tubes after owner Deb Willis retired and sold it.

I think Josh said it best ...

It was such a sad change that I cancelled my subscription to the newsletter, which I’d had for 20 years or more.

When the new program started silver/gold/platinum became pirate/sorcerer/incredi pass if you had gold/platinum you were indeed grandfathered in to keep included photopass & other perks for the remainder of your pass cycle… once you renewed you would have to add on

So for example I was gold… September 21 it transitioned to sorcerer with photopass and was like that till April 22

In April 22 I renewed downgrading to pirate + paying the add on

Make sence

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter