Annual pass replaced with Membership for DL and AP returning by October

Where did you see that?
Example: 2nd lowest tier
Enchant Key – $699
"The Enchant Key is the second-lowest tier and includes up to four theme park reservations at a time. The Enchant Key will include 10% off of food, beverages, and merchandise. There will be more blockouts than the Believe Key.

All tiers will be required to make theme park reservations, which can be made up to 90 days in advance. "

You get 4 reservations. So it would seem that you have to use those reservations for each park to park hop.
And if you didn't want to use 2-4 reservations in one day you would be stuck at one park.

Where did you see that?
Even the Dream Key:
Dream Key – $1399
The Dream Key is the highest tier and the only tier that includes parking. In addition, the Dream Key will include 6 reservations at a time, booked 90 days in advance. There will be 20% off of merchandise in this tier and 15% off select food and beverages. There will be no block out dates for the Dream Key, but reservations may be unavailable based on crowds and reservations are required for entry.

You can only make 6 reservations at one time (from which to use for park hopping)

You get 4 reservations. So it would seem that you have to use those reservations for each park to park hop.
And if you didn't want to use 2-4 reservations in one day you would be stuck at one park.
My understanding right now if you hold a hopper, you need a starting reservation for the day but can hop in the afternoon to the other. So you only need 1 park reservation. My assumption is that the magic key will function like an AP or a park hopper although that has not been laid out.

So ... if we get a program similar to this for DW, I think I would be down for that. If I'm going to DW, I'm only going 1 or 2 days, so the lowest end pass would be perfect (depending on the blackout dates). I wish more passes included parking, but ... ah, well.

I know in FL even though our AP tiers haven’t changed yet as far as reservations go we are only allowed to hold three active AP reservations at a time (if we are staying on site we can hold reservations for length of stay via the resort guest availability pool)

and can hop after 2 as much or as little as we want

So ... if we get a program similar to this for DW, I think I would be down for that. If I'm going to DW, I'm only going 1 or 2 days, so the lowest end pass would be perfect (depending on the blackout dates). I wish more passes included parking, but ... ah, well.
With our Universal passes we got one pass that included parking. I knew I would not be in the park in July or at Christmas so the blackouts did not bother me. I tend to stay away when school is out or its 100 degrees. If making a res is as easy as it has been the last 6 weeks or so it should not be an issue most days are available with little notice.

Maybe they are just seeing how the public responds to DL

I think the nice thing... and the smart thing for Disney... is that they've found a pricing structure that makes sense for not only locals, but those who wanna visit a few times a year or go on a very long vacation. I think Disney is also accepting that not everyone is gonna stay on property anymore. The way people travel has changed. I can now theoretically purchase the highest tier, go Christmas week, and save a ton by staying off-site to justify the cost. OR... I can go multiple times a year and stay off-site and save some cash.

I wonder if you’ll be able to make extra reservations if you stay on park like Florida did if you were an ap.

Even the Dream Key:
Dream Key – $1399
The Dream Key is the highest tier and the only tier that includes parking. In addition, the Dream Key will include 6 reservations at a time, booked 90 days in advance. There will be 20% off of merchandise in this tier and 15% off select food and beverages. There will be no block out dates for the Dream Key, but reservations may be unavailable based on crowds and reservations are required for entry.

You can only make 6 reservations at one time (from which to use for park hopping)

I dont read it like that. Right now, you only can book one park per day, with a limit of 3 different days at a time. This gives you 6 days at a time. Park hopping is completely different and you can park hop at WDW after 2 pm. I don't know terms of DL, but unless they change the system completely, its only one park per day to be reserved.

I think the nice thing... and the smart thing for Disney... is that they've found a pricing structure that makes sense for not only locals, but those who wanna visit a few times a year or go on a very long vacation. I think Disney is also accepting that not everyone is gonna stay on property anymore. The way people travel has changed. I can now theoretically purchase the highest tier, go Christmas week, and save a ton by staying off-site to justify the cost. OR... I can go multiple times a year and stay off-site and save some cash.
It seems like they are getting rid of the local/out of state distinction but most locals will gravitate toward the cheaper pass and most out of staters to the expensive pass.

Dream Key – $1399

Believe Key – $949
The Believe Key is the second-highest tier and includes 50% off of theme park parking. The Believe Key will include 10% off of merchandise and 10% off of select food and beverages. The Believe Key will include 6 reservations at a time. There will be blockout dates on some days of the year.

Enchant Key – $699
The Enchant Key is the second-lowest tier and includes up to four theme park reservations at a time. The Enchant Key will include 10% off of food, beverages, and merchandise. There will be more blockouts than the Believe Key.

Imagine Key – $399
The Imagine Key is the lowest tier pass and will allow Magic Key holders to hold up to 2 theme park reservations at a time. Just like the Enchant and Imagine Keys, the Imagine Key will include 10% discounts.

"Imagine" what it would be like to have the "Dream" Key. :cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter